I switched from a Z10 to a Z30 some time ago but found out that both phones are still associated attachments my ID. I'm trying to take the Z10 off as I do not have any idea where the phone is presently and would not like to have any issues in future (like the one I'll explain in my next paragraph).

My Bro gave out his 9780 and switched to an android device, had his BBM set up an his yahoo id. The phone got crashed and restored, BBM is set up now (with his same yahoo id) but surprisingly displays his friend's id and contacts. I found out that my bros yahoo id is still associated with the 9780, despite having changed phones and using the yahoo id for his BBM on android. Now he can't restore his last contacts from the Android but keeps getting his friend's contacts from the 9780. The friend insists he used a separate (his own) id on the 9780, but I can't seem to understand why my bros yahoo id displays his friend's contacts, despite having used the same yahoo id on his android. Is there a way to restore my bros id and also to dissociate his id from.the BlackBerry App World on the 9780? And the phone itself?

I won't wanna change phones tomorrow and get BlackBerry restoring items from my z10 and also linking me with the id of whoever has the phone now.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-15 07:03 AM
    Did you factory reset the Z10 before selling/giving it away? If so then you have no worries.
    06-25-15 07:25 AM
    Log into BlackBerry Protect with your BlackBerry ID you used on your Z10 and now Z30, select 'Manage Devices' there you will see your Z30 & Z10, select the Z10 and then select 'Remove'.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-15 07:35 AM
    Log into BlackBerry Protect with your BlackBerry ID you used on your Z10 and now Z30, select 'Manage Devices' there you will see your Z30 & Z10, select the Z10 and then select 'Remove'.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks.....done that and now see just the Z30 in my BlackBerry Protect account, although that's not the same with what I see in my account when I log in to app world from a computer (still see both devices) but I think my Z30 is what it really recognises as my device for now and there shouldn't be a mix of ids. Any ideas what I could do for the android BBM issue?

Posted via CB10
    06-25-15 03:18 PM
    That's rather weird. A bug? Or worse...?

:-)

  Pastaporto aglio e olio... Mmmhhh!  
    06-25-15 04:46 PM
    Thanks.....done that and now see just the Z30 in my BlackBerry Protect account, although that's not the same with what I see in my account when I log in to app world from a computer (still see both devices) but I think my Z30 is what it really recognises as my device for now and there shouldn't be a mix of ids. Any ideas what I could do for the android BBM issue?

Posted via CB10
    Then make sure the Z10 has been Security Wiped.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 10:32 AM