Hey I just got a new to me but used blackberry storm from a guy but he didnt tell me his password to unlock the phone and I don't want all of his crap or info on there. Is there anyway to wipe first get in the phone and wipe it or should I just take it to verizon???
    01-14-11 11:29 PM
    Huh? Very suspicious.
    01-14-11 11:34 PM
    Just type the password wrong 10 times, phone will wipe..... Then its all yours with fresh OS install.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-11 11:36 PM
    Just type the password wrong 10 times, phone will wipe..... Then its all yours with fresh OS install.

^^What he said^^
    01-15-11 12:45 AM
    Huh? Very suspicious.
    ^ ^What he said^^

Lol....

01-15-11 12:48 AM
    Can't you just contact the guy and get the password??
    01-15-11 11:33 AM
    If you can't contact the person who sold it to you, before spending any more time on it, take it to your carrier or call them to make sure the IMEI/ESN and/or PIN are clean.

Did the person have it unlocked for you to try the screen function and so forth? If not, i'd be suspicious it was stolen.
    oldtimeBBaddict likes this.
    01-15-11 11:39 AM
    Hey I just got a new to me but used blackberry storm from a guy but he didnt tell me his password to unlock the phone and I don't want all of his crap or info on there. Is there anyway to wipe first get in the phone and wipe it or should I just take it to verizon???
    I doubt he sold/gave it to you with his crap or info still on it....
    01-15-11 11:40 AM
    It does really sound like this guy's a theif. If that is the case, the guy will just ring up VZW and have it blocked, rendering it useless.
    01-15-11 11:44 AM
    If you can't contact the person who sold it to you, before spending any more time on it, take it to your carrier or call them to make sure the IMEI/ESN and/or PIN are clean.

Did the person have it unlocked for you to try the screen function and so forth? If not, i'd be suspicious it was stolen.
    ^^^what he said^^^.
    01-15-11 12:20 PM
    If the original owner did not release the pin # from the account it will never work quite right for you. Wiping it will not solve this problem.

01-15-11 01:31 PM
    No answer from the guy but thanks for you guys help it was locked when I put the battery in I guess Ill try the password thing and if that doesnt work Ill take it to a store and hope I didnt get burned!
    01-15-11 07:04 PM
    sorry but I am a newbie how do I do a fresh OS install?
    01-15-11 07:19 PM
    sorry but I am a newbie how do I do a fresh OS install?
    I would call your carrier and verify if phone is stolen or if the ESN is clean. Otherwise you going to a lot of trouble for nothing

01-15-11 08:16 PM
    You can call your carrier and they can release the pin # if it hasn't been reported stolen.

01-15-11 08:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD