How would your audio on BB10 get locked?
    Just had this on the bosses phone, and nothing would unlock it.
    Turned the phone off, and all is good now. Any idea what would have caused it?

Any suggestions let me know. Just wondering if it was something he did or if it is
    a bug.

Thanks
    02-11-13 11:19 AM
    hi there, same thing is happening to me ! this issue is really weird ! suddenly the audio get locked and nothing comes out of the speakers until i restart the Z10... calls , alarm , music, nothing comes out ... we need to know it it is a hardware issue to replace the device or it is a software issue that might be fixed via Reset or format...
    02-12-13 04:42 AM
    Happened to me as well...After using Media Sharing and the Play To function (which works wonderfully). After closing the video I was playing to a remote device my Z10 sound locked. I too had to restart.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-12-13 07:43 AM
    i guess the issue needs serious follow UP from Crackberry & Blackberry ! please do something GUYS !
    02-12-13 08:57 AM
    I noticed that on mine the other day but I was in my car and it had connected through BT to my cars audio. I wasn't streaming anything it was just connected to use the phone.
    Once I left the car it was no longer locked.
    Last edited by domcel; 02-12-13 at 09:38 AM.
    02-12-13 09:01 AM
    I've had this issue as well. Keyboard sounds, YouTube doesn't stream and notification light does not work...all out of the blue when none of my other settings were changed. A restart was the only remedy. Happened to me twice in the 5days of owning the z10. Not impressed!

02-12-13 12:18 PM
    seems the issue is happening to a lot of people !!! in my case its happening 3 to 4 times a DAY !!! thats totally not acceptable !
    02-12-13 12:35 PM
    Holy crap, when are the Crackberry mods going to admit that bashers are coming here making up crap? Do something about it already!
    02-12-13 03:23 PM
    Holy crap, when are the Crackberry mods going to admit that bashers are coming here making up crap? Do something about it already!
    Not sure about the other posters but this is something that has happened to me.
    Yesterday I was in my Lincoln and wanted to stream audio via blue tooth. The phone was connected but the music was playing out of my handset. After that any phone call I had while in the car wouldn't play over my cars speakers, I had to put the phone on speaker. Oddly enough when the phone would ring that tone would play through the cars speakers. Here's the weird part, when u would turn off the cat and walk away music would start playing on my blackberry for all who was around me to hear.
    Jump forward to today. I spent the day deleting my device from my cars memory and repairing it to see if it remedy the situation. I had no such luck until I came across this thread and decided to restart my device. Low and behold my calls are being pushed to my car.
    In fact after a series of working test calls I tested an audio stream then another call and they both worked.

To go on and say that people are coming here to create "BlackBerry Bashing" threads is rather low and petty. It's a new device and flaws are bound to appear. People are coming to crackberry because they know that this is a place of knowledge and assistance and heck awareness. They have no where to go. An attitude such as that will turn new members away.

Heck I've had my z10 for one week now and this audio thing is the only problem I've had but I hate to say others may not be so lucky.

2-Shoes likes this.
    02-12-13 04:05 PM
    Well I'm writing this from my car (I'm parked not actually driving). As I entered the car and turned it on, my music app on my phone had turned on just as soon as the device sync'd. Luckily enough my blue tooth calls are working fine.

02-12-13 04:41 PM
    Oh man this could be a problem if it's hardware we're all screwed
    02-12-13 05:34 PM
    Oh man this could be a problem if it's hardware we're all screwed
    My guess is that it's software related. But really I know nothing regarding technology and how it all works.

02-12-13 06:04 PM
    I think this audio lock is all related to one problem. There is also the issue with alert sounds not working, or switching from on to off (no sounds).
    Being as how a reboot has solved the problem for me a couple times already, it would lead me to believe that it can be fixed with software. I migrated to the Z10 from my first gen Storm, so I know what its like to have a phone with bugs. Says something for buying a first gen phone before bugs can be fixed but I am loyal to BB and although I am being pressured to return this phone, I am betting it will be fixed in the OS update. I just wish/ hope BB is reading these threads and doesn't make us loyal users wait too long for an update.
    02-12-13 10:46 PM
    Hi everyone, i treid to wipe out the device, and i can tell the issue (up till now) is GONE ! its been around 26 hours so far and i didnt get any single Audio Lock/Silent/Not Working Issue... try to wipe your device and share your results please...
    02-13-13 03:50 PM
    Hi everyone, i treid to wipe out the device, and i can tell the issue (up till now) is GONE ! its been around 26 hours so far and i didnt get any single Audio Lock/Silent/Not Working Issue... try to wipe your device and share your results please...
    Would you mind if i used you and your device as a test subject. Could you follow up in a couple days to see if the problem has returned?
    02-13-13 05:22 PM
    Happened to my Playbook once, speakers and headphones. Restart fixed it. I'd chalk it up to the OS.
    02-13-13 06:29 PM
    Sure ! i'll be updating the post everyday with my results...
    Would you mind if i used you and your device as a test subject. Could you follow up in a couple days to see if the problem has returned?
    twstd.reality likes this.
    02-13-13 11:02 PM
    i'd like to know your results as well. was yours specifically to do with using the bluetooth, or random?
    02-14-13 02:47 AM
    Hi All, am not using any bluetooth or car system or anything like that. its just the device by itself... suddenly the audio dies on the device until you restart... anyways the wipe that i did DID NOT fix the issue and the issue is back again !!!! i think i have to take it to warranty to try and replace the device !!!
    02-14-13 01:12 PM
    Well if that is the case, there is quite a few Z10 users coming here and making things up. I currently have the same issue and came to crack berry to hopefully find a fix and not to be insulted by someone ( accusing me of being a basher). I have been a blackberry user since 2001 - 957 model and don't expect that sort of response from members here. nevertheless I agree that it is more than likely a software issue and an update will come shortly.
    02-14-13 08:27 PM
    I have used Blue tooth but it was happening prior to pairing my z10 with my car Stereo.

02-14-13 08:50 PM
    I've gone over 24hrs without the problem. And that's since I turned my blue tooth off.

02-14-13 09:04 PM
    It happened to me today as well. It seems to be an issue with Bluetooth connectivity. Happened after pairing the device with my car. Pressing the volume keys on the side showed the audio was locked. Going into settings showed that everything was turned on and should've been fine.

Turned the Bluetooth feature off and the lock icon went away. Volume back on. Should be an easy fix?
    02-14-13 10:51 PM
    all of your issues with the Bluetooth seems different than my issue, i never used BT to be honest !!! my issue is different and when my audio goes silent the only way to get it back to work is to restart the device !
    02-14-13 11:45 PM
    Yes, I'm seeing on another forum that it may be tied to the media player, let me see if I can find the post

02-15-13 08:52 AM
37 12