OP you must have a laptop from 1990 on a dial up connection of your BB's browser is faster. BB's are still the WORST mobile browsers out there period. It's not even close, they aren't even in the ballpark.

And on another note, this is the same old RIM that has always been late and screwed up deadlines. I remember when Thorsten took over and he commented on how important deadlines are and that under his realm RIM would meet its deadlines. Kevin an everyone else in here gushed over him and how much he was going to change things. Please, same story different day.
    Last edited by donnation; 06-30-12 at 11:22 AM.
    06-30-12 11:18 AM
    I agree with the OP. I think we should make pathetic excuses for RIM and always support their terrible out-of-date products and decisions so they never improve themselves and always will be at the bottom of the barrel. If we actually complained or encouraged them to produce the best services and products - and deliver them at the time they promised, they might actually be a successful and reputable company. Yikes!
    Splange likes this.
    06-30-12 11:25 AM
    they have shipped only 1.6 million so far. So they cant sell 2 million based on the fact
    Mr. Gag would never let the facts get in the way of a good story...
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    06-30-12 11:26 AM
    im with the OP. from when it was gona be released to now q1 of 2013 isnt that much longer.
    bb10 with be nothing short of amazing. fact is my 9900 running os7 is great. ppl say os7 is dated software but take a good look at ios, it oldschool. ppl are simply I-washed.

Rimm is alive and kicking, and will blast through the gates with bb10..
    06-30-12 11:30 AM
    Then they should not have stated a projected date. Or maybe expanded it.

Yes, though, they are known for missing dates and push backs.

I was hoping for different this time.

IF a BlackBerry 10 is released in 2013, I'll still get one.
    I agree with the exception I'm still getting one. I do plan on getting one but that will depend on how it is and if I see change from now until then. I will not if it is still lacking feature and function along with more delays to things. The apps for me are meh.
    06-30-12 11:34 AM
    im with the OP. from when it was gona be released to now q1 of 2013 isnt that much longer.
    bb10 with be nothing short of amazing. fact is my 9900 running os7 is great. ppl say os7 is dated software but take a good look at ios, it oldschool. ppl are simply I-washed.

I-washed
    06-30-12 11:36 AM

Except that

1. It's the second delay. That means BB10 has gone from Early 2012 to Q1 2013. That's a long time.
    2. The fact that it's being pushed back again raises the question of whether the OS is ready. How do we know it's going to be amazing if they can't even build it properly
    3. They're missing the single most important quarter of the year. Christmas and back to school shoppers aren't gonna be buying blackberry

People are not "i-washed". BBOS7 is really uncompetitive, hence why BB10 is/was so important. BBOS7 was a stopgap, but it's still a ways behind iOS and ICS/Jellybean.
    06-30-12 12:38 PM
    I just hope when the other companies show their new devices. And RIM sees all their bells and whistles they better come up with Outstanding Features to Blow them out of the park!!
    06-30-12 12:53 PM
    OP you must have a laptop from 1990 on a dial up connection of your BB's browser is faster. BB's are still the WORST mobile browsers out there period. It's not even close, they aren't even in the ballpark.

And on another note, this is the same old RIM that has always been late and screwed up deadlines. I remember when Thorsten took over and he commented on how important deadlines are and that under his realm RIM would meet its deadlines. Kevin an everyone else in here gushed over him and how much he was going to change things. Please, same story different day.

The browser on my 9810 is good. I compared it to the browser on the IPhone 4S and to me it seems like almost the same thing. The only thing I can't play is flash...but I have the playbook for that. So with my phone and playbook I feel like I'm getting a rich internet experience - the only thing I dislike is the checkerboarding ☺
    Last edited by anthogag; 06-30-12 at 12:59 PM.
    06-30-12 12:55 PM
    The browser on my 9810 is good. I compared it to the browser on the IPhone 4S and to me it seems like almost the same thing. The only thing I can't play is flash...but I have the playbook for that. So with my phone and playbook I feel like I'm getting a rich internet experience - the only thing I dislike is the checkerboarding ☺

Not everyone has a playbook or even a tablet though. You shouldn't need to buy a tablet to get a rich internet experience.

And checkerboarding is a serious problem. I'm not sure how much of it is the browsers fault (ie software problem) and how much is the hardware.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    06-30-12 01:11 PM
    OK, you have 1+ million Playbooks sold over 14 months and almost 2 million iOS and Android devices sold DAILY.

As for more consumers, well, there aren't too many PBs left on the shelf.

In any case, it's not smaller developers that will attract more consumers, but the major players, for whom 1+ million devices is something they don't want to bother about.

Also, the 4G Playbook is another phantom at this stage. Even if it releases, most probably RIM will not sell more than a few tens of thousands of those.
    It's sad. We still have the $199/$249/$299 points. We have 7 16gb, 5 each of 32 and 64...and no one wants them. We have always pushed playbook at our store but after the firesale started demand has fallen sharply.

Flip side? I had my $150 touchpad in the food court the other day (it's dual booted ICS/WebOS) and someone offered me $400 for it. Lol.

I got blisters on me fingers! from using Tapatalk.
    06-30-12 01:14 PM
    Then they should not have stated a projected date. Or maybe expanded it.

Yes, though, they are known for missing dates and push backs.

I was hoping for different this time.

IF a BlackBerry 10 is released in 2013, I'll still get one.
    The thing that made this different for me was Thorsten flat out saying they were laser focused and did not have the option to miss the date. He said it point blank. I hoped this meant this was different.

And then they missed the date.

I got blisters on me fingers! from using Tapatalk.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    06-30-12 01:18 PM
    I just hope when the other companies show their new devices. And RIM sees all their bells and whistles they better come up with Outstanding Features to Blow them out of the park!!

If they did that the devices would be delayed further. Right now Thorsten's saying that the hardware is completed and they're taking this extra time to work on the software which they're having problems with. Meaning that the L and N series will have the exact same bells and whistles that were slated for Q4 2012.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    06-30-12 01:27 PM
    The best one I have heard is the reference to the Black Knight, "It's just a flesh wound..."

Flash is nearly dead. Android and Windows have true multi-tasking, and most people don't care anyway. Apps on tablets matter more than phones in my view. The PB has sold due to (1) BB faithful (which are dwindling) and (2) cheap price (sold at a loss). How anyone can assume selling a device at a loss spells success or a viable business model just blows me away. They had to lower the price to 40% of the original to sell them. They are awesome little devices, but the world does not care at the moment.

BB10 being delayed is a huge event, not a "so what" event just for RIM's health and reputation. Maybe the media has had it out for them, but now this just adds to the people that like bashing RIM's fun. It is piling on in terms of missed dates, beta software, lack of apps, stale device designs in the touch screen area, and a lack of an upgrade path for devices. The last 3 BB's I had could not be upgraded to each new OS. That is BS! Give me at least one upgrade cycle to keep me.

Don't forget it has only been 18 months since the BB OS reached a state where battery pulls were not an every other day thing to resolve issue. They have released one decent touch screen device almost 3 years after touch screens became the platform of choice for the masses, and their first two were horrible devices (I owned both.) BB in 2010 had too little memory, too little processing power, and a crappy browser until BB6. The screens sucked as well. Referencing a late 2011 BB is not referencing what most caused most BB users to move to Android, iOS and WP. BB7 came after the major move to other platforms, and this miss of BB10 makes it more remote that those former BB users will come back to RIM, me included. The keyboard will only keep so many people. They did not invent that keyboard and others can replicate it quite easily.

I left BB in mid-2011, and I was thinking I would come back in late 2012. Now I don't know if I am willing to even look at BB10 in 2013. You may love your BB and/or your PB, but you are in love with a product from a company that may not make it. That should worry you. Even if they do make it, they may not be strong enough to even keep you if the app developers leave. A RIM 10 times smaller, is less of a draw for app developers and carriers alike.

I hope they come back, I really do. Those of you saying everything is OK are in complete and utter denial.
    Last edited by dbw1000; 06-30-12 at 08:21 PM.
    06-30-12 08:18 PM

Unfortunately, that should have been happening years earlier while "arrogantly" choosing not to change their mode of operation while other smartphones companies stepped up their game. You have to go back a few years and read the statements made by the former CEOs regarding where they(RIM) were headed,the road maps, and what they didn't think would ever be needed for BlackBerries to be successful against a new iPhone and other struggling smartphones. Listed famous quotes Well, fastforward....no one is laughing at the iPhone, Android is eveywhere, Nokia and Samsung are back. Remains to be seen if Major Stockholders and the Board, and other major players still have confidence in RIM and not give in to the tremendous pressure to do something, anything, but wait until next year.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 06-30-12 at 09:51 PM.
    06-30-12 09:04 PM

Why are you so sure its going to be released Q1 of 2013?

How can you describe iOS as "old school" when your phone is running OS 7. That OS has been around since 1999. BB OS 7 and Symbian are the last pre-iOS smartphone operating systems still on the market and both are on their way out.
    06-30-12 10:03 PM
    Because genius, the competition will have put RIM further asunder (what do you think, that money they have is endless???), app writers will continue to NOT write for RIM, there will be a new iPhone and great Android phones with apps we need, not just games. And I have a Torch 9810.....I've had BB's since there were BB's, and you think this is a great phone. You don't know jack about what a 'great' smartphone is, BB or otherwise. And, RIM misses the holidays, billions of dollars, they get squat, guess who does get it. Aw, doesn't matter, RIM is Canada's pride and joy, they will watch it slowly sink into the abyss.
    Thanks for the bashing--glad I could give you something to do to keep busy. This thread was only meant to say that not everyone is that upset about BB10's release date being moved up and would like to see more useful threads rather then bashing threads.

Some 70Mil BB owners seem to be quite happy with their BBs and I'm one of them--nothing more. A lot of us on here actually have a stake in BB (stock wise) and are certainly not happy with the events of the last couple of years--but that aside, the new generations of BB's work well and if you are in business, that is what you want-a phone that you can count on. The newest torch 9810 series and 99xx series work great and are very dependable. End of story-glad I could make your day! Thanks to all that support the purpose of the thread.
    kstock and Blacklatino like this.
    07-02-12 04:52 PM

Considering how long you have been on this site, I'm more than a little surprised that you would stoop to bashing anyone on here.
    LOL-I have 11 computers and laptops and several tablets, as well as phones in my business and the 9810 with 7.1 (thanks Mecca) brower is as fast as any Apple/PC or any android and iPhone that I've seen. Countless threads on here backing this up. Regardless, thanks for bashing me, glad I could make your day.
    Last edited by go1ndr; 07-02-12 at 05:01 PM.
    07-02-12 04:58 PM
    RIM as a biz organisation should know better. it should not go the way of Palm Inc with its webOs and palm pre which came too late to change fortunes of the moribund company. RIM should release the BB10 now with advanced and innovated BBM which is what BB is best at.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    07-02-12 06:19 PM
    I don't object to waiting for BB10, not for only a few months, but there's a much more troubling issue of overall credibility. I'd like to say the delay isn't an issue, but it is.
    Yeah. That kind of sums it up for me too.

Sent from my flip-phone.
    07-02-12 06:57 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD