I don't think Android is a hot mess. You can always avoid a bad Android by just picking the other largely equivalent Android on your carrier.

Back in mid-late 2010 things were a bit messy, but I can't really say it's messy now.

But bitter people will always overexaggerate.

Don't think BB10 is beating Android or iOS. Sometimes you're just too late. They needed BB10 over a year ago. I think even Microsoft will be able to overcome them now that Windows Tablets are coming out later this year. That's another massive failure that cost them - the Playbook - for that matter.

They have no ecosystem and by now it's a bit late to try to play catchup.

Not true, I'm selling both my flagship android and ip 4s to own there bb10 device, I own a business and my bb torch still does more then these phones without having to download apps, if the new blackberrys anything like there own, business wise, then they will make a big come back, you can't forget blackberrys were the top for close to 8 years.
    08-13-12 04:36 PM
    Posting in a manner that wont get called out for trolling and wont lead to me being banned. Here goes nothing!

While I am in business myself, I understand how difficult it is to succeed, and I understand the importance of customer service which leads to return business. My original posts which were probably year or so ago were based off of poor experience with blackberry. My cousin just said moments ago, he is pissed, and he wont buy one again. The sad thing is that bb10 maybe amazing or it maybe more of the same old. Not sure many will jump at it. I originally went with it cause, it seemed like a legit business phone, and it was the best on the market at the time. Times have changed, no innovation, creativity or anything has been brought to the table while, other companies are delivering.

If london was available today, it could be something I would take into consideration especially with the S4 chip being assumed for the S3 instead of the quad core chip. Seems like a knock off to me when the selling point is quad core to begin with or so I would believe.

To win back customers, the price of the phones need to be adjusted, and more realistic. The current phones are less then spectacular and priced higher then the galaxy and other androids with higher and better specs. I fail to comprehend this but, its likely why they are in the position they are. bbm was not enough to keep me. London best be something fierce to even get me to consider it again.
    I'll jump to it, and I own both android and ip4s, and will sell both to own a bb10 device... And my torch is still a better business phone for getting things done, ip's like a toy for games apps etc, and android still doesn't have there top/newest os running on more then 10% of there phones. Rim is doing what it took both apple and google several years to come up with, and they will have apps and all aswell with more coming. On top of there bbm with video call and a lot of features the iPhone still doesn't have
    08-13-12 04:40 PM
    I will be buying a BB10 device but I'm not selling my Galaxy Nexus for it. No way I am going to only have one device when I will be using an unproven mobile OS that has nowhere near the same ecosystem as the one I currently have.

I will make BB10 my main device to try it, but my Galaxy Nexus will be there as backup because it is reliable, doesn't lag, has great battery life and is running the latest OS.
    08-13-12 05:41 PM
    and android still doesn't have there top/newest os running on more then 10% of there phones.
    Android is an OS. It is not a manufacturer. Android is not a phone.

what you are complaining about is not an Android problem, it is a manufacturer problem. Get a Nexus device and you will be on the latest OS, otherwise you we be left behind for a few months. Or, you can root and install a custom ROM. it is extremely simple. But if you want your carrier/manufacturer to hold your hand, you will have to wait.

There are choices with Android, it seems like for what you want, you made the wrong choice.
    Last edited by avt123; 08-13-12 at 05:47 PM.
    08-13-12 05:44 PM
    Not true, I'm selling both my flagship android and ip 4s to own there bb10 device, I own a business and my bb torch still does more then these phones without having to download apps, if the new blackberrys anything like there own, business wise, then they will make a big come back, you can't forget blackberrys were the top for close to 8 years.
    How does your personal situation make the quoted post not true?

Not saying either is correct, but that's a pretty senseless statement to make.
    08-13-12 05:47 PM
    I'm on board OP I think it can and will beat DROID. Once BB10 is released and lives up to all promises then people will be coming out of the woodwork praising it.
    08-13-12 05:48 PM
    I'm on board OP I think it can and will beat DROID. Once BB10 is released and lives up to all promises then people will be coming out of the woodwork praising it.
    You may be right, the Motorola DROID family of phones is a much smaller target than the entirety of Android handsets available on the market.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    08-13-12 05:52 PM
    not even close...
    Agreed. Google has already trumped the OP's arguments with Android OS 4.1 which is very fast, fluid, and rich in features. For BB10 to beat Android, it will have to maintain an effective fight to outdo android all the way to 2014. As it stands right now android 4.1 is every bit as good as what we know about BB10 so far, and has a massive ecosystem and user base already up and running.
    08-13-12 11:28 PM
    Who knows. I know that after using the DROID RAZR with ice cream sandwich for a while now I have come to appreciate the elegance of the playbook. Not talking about the app selection or even polish on the os. Just the feel of navigating around and the gestures. Obviously a lot of this will carry over and be improved upon in blackberry 10. It gives me a lot of hope for blackberry.

Sent from my flip-phone.
    08-14-12 12:58 AM
    All due respect but this all sounds very similar to when the Storm was first released, when the playbook was first released, and when BB6 was first released. Sure they may be putting their all into BB10, But its still just a few demos here and there until we see the phone and final OS actually released.
    Exactly. People are talking as if we've really seen bb10, when really we've seen only controlled demos of the UI. We haven't seen any real features yet.

Posted from Crackberry.com App for Android
    08-14-12 01:24 PM
    Very unlikely that BB10 will ever beat Android. Android is open source, everyone can use it. BB10 is closed source, and even IOS struggles to keep up with the Market share war. BB10 will however carve out a good following with the untapped markets and the corporate crowd, with a reasonable portion of mainstream consumers.
    08-15-12 05:30 AM
    Very unlikely that BB10 will ever beat Android. Android is open source, everyone can use it. BB10 is closed source, and even IOS struggles to keep up with the Market share war. BB10 will however carve out a good following with the untapped markets and the corporate crowd, with a reasonable portion of mainstream consumers.

Android Runtime and the new BB10 UI will make the open source widget heavy Android Source look very undesirable. That is their plan afterall. There are videos online from RIM employees discussing the runtime in where they say that they are "tracking the source" Depending on the state of BB10 we may see a more polished version of the runtime that directly compete with other android headsets

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-15-12 05:57 AM
    Doubtful unless

a) Significant OEMs leave Android

b) BB10 is licensed on a similar basis to Android
    08-15-12 07:14 AM
    Android Runtime and the new BB10 UI will make the open source widget heavy Android Source look very undesirable. That is their plan afterall. There are videos online from RIM employees discussing the runtime in where they say that they are "tracking the source" Depending on the state of BB10 we may see a more polished version of the runtime that directly compete with other android headsets

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    , They are going to end Runtime soon because of Piracy issues...
    08-15-12 07:33 AM
    It has potential to, where did majority of iOS and Android users come from recently?(BB) They're familiar with BB. Liked it in the early stages until it was surpassed, given it can show a new BB experience that doesn't freeze up, they can take some of them back. Android has a lot of people sitting around not receiving an update because they didn't get one of those high-end phones.
    08-15-12 02:32 PM
    If BB10 can replicate most of what I can do now on my current device, I will definitely consider it. Of course, being invested in my current environment means that RIM will really have to woo me by blasting one out of the park with regards to third party functionality.

I think for most people, it will boil down to the ecosystem.
    08-15-12 02:36 PM
    im not sure about the old ones but the newer androids barely lag especially if they're coming up with project butter to smooth out everything. besides, android overall has higher specs since the phone producers only make hardware
    08-15-12 03:06 PM
    I don't understand why one platform has to 'beat' another? Who cares what's the most popular as long as you use the device that you like? I use the phones I do because they meet my needs and they make using them enjoyable. I can't care less what name is branded on the phone.
    Prince_Poppycock likes this.
    08-15-12 09:15 PM
    I have been using Windows Phone 7.5, it's a refreshing change to the apps centric iOS and Android, both of which may have their own hidden merits. However, being a pass BB user (BB Curve) BB has one thing I think will be superior: solid security within the system. No one offers no where the level of security for enterprise or casual user use than BB, that's undeniable. To suggest otherwise would be in denial of the basic laws of physics. The advent of BB10 does fire a warning shot across the bow of both iOS, Android and somewhat to some extenet Windows Phone. RIM has been a solid performer in the pass. It's agreed they dropped the ball when touch screens and apps became the main stay of modern smartphones. Question is, have they really gotten so much a jump on RIM in terms of solid innovation ? If i answered yes I would be subscribing to the thought that apps, and hardware specs independent of UX/UI doesn't matter at all. Let us be honest here, the UX/UI is secondary to bragging rights of OEMs nowadays.

I have looked at the past "awesome" smartphones reccently form Apple, Samsung and HTC, there's not one real sign of innovation. When BB msgr came out it allowed for cmmunication between BB's unlike any other smartphone. BB was the quintessential "businessman's" phone, we all know that, that's a fact. The iPhone came along, and now there was a shift form essential communications to more simpler way of interaction, which led to the "fool proof" nature of the OS. Android quickly follwed. Innovation took second place to apps and hardware specs and shine. The more apps you have the larger your "ecosystem", never mind none of your other devices were natural extensions of this "ecosystem". NFC by nature as a technology is innovative, but lets look pass the implementation to the point where we ask, how does this make my business/life/play easier, how does it aid in productivity. Eleven finger touch, may have it's applications also, but it's not exactly earth moving. So after watching a dozen and a half BB10 videos, it's only fair to assume that RIM has done it's homework and have sought to innovate form the standpoint of the serious business/yet casual UX/UI based phone. Only time will really tell if RIM sinks or swims. I back the underdog all the time. People/fans love a great comeback story , and what better comeback story than RIM reliving it's glory days as one of the top smartphone creators of our time. Will it be easy, i would be a fool to believe so, but is it possible ? Very well may be the begining of a new shift in UX/UI and OS's in general. The shot has been sent across the bows of the old gaurd. A great shift I anticipate is coming. Cheers !
    RECOOL likes this.
    12-18-12 10:05 PM
    I disagree with "Nobody professional uses an Android". Also, the Galaxy S3/Note 2 doesn't lag from what I've seen. I'm thinking of upgrading my Torch to a Note 2 today, but I still want a playbook though.

As for phone battery pulling, am I the only one who doesn't experience this any more? My OS 6 seems to run fine, after only getting 14 phone replacements. The phone only lags when it's loading my memory card (24gb/32 used).\

Edit: All I've gained from 6 pages of this thread is that just get an Android unless you love BB.
    Last edited by ankoil; 12-19-12 at 06:17 AM.
    12-19-12 05:35 AM
    I disagree with "Nobody professional uses an Android". Also, the Galaxy S3/Note 2 doesn't lag from what I've seen. I'm thinking of upgrading my Torch to a Note 2 today, but I still want a playbook though.

As for phone battery pulling, am I the only one who doesn't experience this any more? My OS 6 seems to run fine, after only getting 14 phone replacements. The phone only lags when it's loading my memory card (24gb/32 used).\

Edit: All I've gained from 6 pages of this thread is that just get an Android unless you love BB.
    This thread is 7 months old. It seems to come back every 3 months or so.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    12-19-12 06:56 AM
271 ... 91011
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD