1st time poster. A little background to start. I am a long time BlackBerry fan. Family has some iOS. Have tried some Windows stuff in the past. So we're a little skitzo - technically speaking.

Tonight I was trying to rip some old cd's and put them on my wife's iPad. I know many will tell me how easy it is. But I spent way too long reading how to suggestions and Apple tech help blogs. She wants to play music wirelessly on her Bose wave radio.

Finally I told her to just play them from her B9900.

I just got a Z10. So I just copied the mp3 files from my Windows 7 Ultrabook to the music folder on my Z10. Took all of 3 minutes.

Sometimes we take for granted things that BlackBerry does so easily.

There's something to be said for simple elegance.
    03-25-13 07:52 PM
    A regular old file management system is great. You still have to hand it to iOS for 'overall' simplicity though. I love the BB10 OS, it isn't as immediately obvious or "discoverable" as iOS, but really great when you learn all the ins and outs.
    03-25-13 07:57 PM
    1st time poster. A little background to start. I am a long time BlackBerry fan. Family has some iOS. Have tried some Windows stuff in the past. So we're a little skitzo - technically speaking.

Tonight I was trying to rip some old cd's and put them on my wife's iPad. I know many will tell me how easy it is. But I spent way too long reading how to suggestions and Apple tech help blogs. She wants to play music wirelessly on her Bose wave radio.

Finally I told her to just play them from her B9900.

I just got a Z10. So I just copied the mp3 files from my Windows 7 Ultrabook to the music folder on my Z10. Took all of 3 minutes.

Sometimes we take for granted things that BlackBerry does so easily.

There's something to be said for simple elegance.
    Well I don't have a Z10 but I hear what your saying about Apple products, ran into the same nonsense when I bought my wife an ipod. That being said pretty much all phones except apple handle music this way, its nothing special to BB.
    03-25-13 07:59 PM
    The effieciency gap between iPhone and BB10 is huge. Especially in a business deployment. If BB10 can accomplish tasks much more quickly then iPhone, which is obvious that it does. This reflects countless man hours saved per year using a BB10 device.

Think of the sheer man houf savings per year with 100+ device deployments in an enterprise case. iOS holds none in this regard alone.
    03-25-13 08:39 PM
    lol it literally takes me seconds to get a song from my pc to iOs.....
    m1a1mg likes this.
    03-26-13 10:40 AM
    Year, i dont see the issue... If ripping the cd and transfer wirelessly through iTunes is too complicated, it'll only take you a couple of seconds to transfer it wirelessly directly from your PC to your iPad, like ematsui just wrote.

This is pretty much a basic smartphone feature these days...
    03-26-13 10:59 AM
    Its not that it is too complicated, but I find drag and drop much faster and simplier.
    Acumenight likes this.
    03-26-13 11:04 AM
    iOS is the simplest, most plain and boring thing ever. So iOS wins.
    03-26-13 11:05 AM
    Isn't this a blackberry forum. Maybe you would be more helpful to ios users on imore.
    03-26-13 11:14 AM
    iOS is the simplest, most plain and boring thing ever. So iOS wins.
    Congratulation! You win!...something......gotta to be something to reward you...i mean anything....just anything......oh well....cest la vie! on to the next post.
    03-26-13 11:37 AM
    Congratulation! You win!...something......gotta to be something to reward you...i mean anything....just anything......oh well....cest la vie! on to the next post.
    Haha I'm just messing with you, people.
    Well, I have mixed feelings on this one. USB mass storage makes moving stuff to the Z10 a breeze, but when it comes to wireless file transfer iCloud is way easier to set up than WiFi sharing on the Z10 for the average consumer.
    03-26-13 12:24 PM
    You have to install iTune first.
    03-26-13 01:08 PM
    You have to install iTune first.
    You have to install iTunes and update it every 8 minutes which requires a restart of your Windows computer and it looses all your iTunes settings.
    03-26-13 01:13 PM