Hi everyone, I have noticed that this topic is heavily debated all over CB including threads that have nothing to do with the topic.

Let us settle the score in a more structured and civilised manner.

LET THE DEBATE BEGIN!!!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by damibond; 12-01-13 at 06:45 AM.
    11-30-13 12:27 PM
    settling the score on a more structured and civilized manner means listing pros and cons for each platform without being biased. And most of us know what they are.
    11-30-13 12:33 PM
    settling the score on a more structured and civilized manner means listing pros and cons for each platform without being biased. And most of us know what they are.
    Everyone has bias' though. For some the ability to customize the **** out of a phone is a pro, for people like me who don't have time, nor are interested in customizing a phone, a UI like BlackBerry 10 is great.

Posted via CB10
    XDrew42, bradu1 and RedFoxOne like this.
    11-30-13 12:35 PM
    I love the stream lined communication experience in bb10. Very refined and efficient. I can effortlessly utilize the hub etc to go about my day.

I am a power user in the means of communication. Android is too cumbersome as I find too many steps to carry out many of my critical functions.

Bb10 imho is the best mobile experience.

Android has many apps however with the Android runtime on bb10 we now have access to the majority of Android apps. Many of which work seamlessly.

Android allows for customization. However I am unaware of how many actually utilize that aspect out side of the realm of the tech savvy

Many users love Android. Very advanced in many aspects. However as a power user it is just not up to par in terms of power user capabilites of BB10
    Posted via CB10
    XDrew42, tonytraj17 and trbowser05 like this.
    11-30-13 12:40 PM
    Yawn

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 12:41 PM
    Android allows for customization. However I am unaware of how many actually utilize that aspect out side of the realm of the tech savvy

Posted via CB10
    Same can be said about sideloading apps on BB10. Only a small fraction of BB users know to do it.
    11-30-13 12:44 PM
    Same can be said about sideloading apps on BB10. Only a small fraction of BB users know to do it.
    We no longer have to side load bars. We can obtain app stores in effortless steps much easy than it is to down load and install a program on a pc.

Give end users more credit

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 12:45 PM
    We no longer have to side load bars. We can obtain app stores in effortless steps much easy than it is to down load and install a program on a pc.

Posted via CB10
    Are you talking about 10.2.1? It isn't even officially out yet. I am not going to bother with buggy leaks.
    11-30-13 12:47 PM
    I'm fairly confident by "the facts", Android beats BB10 (and iOS and Windows Phone) by a wide margin.Using facts basically means ruling out things completely subjective like GUI because those cannot be "factual".

People who claim Android are bogged down or buggy probably don't have much experience with Android and, even if it were true, it would mean that you would have to prove it with evidence instead of simply an anecdote. Like "Across 1000 different devices used by 1000 different individuals, the BB10 devices reboot X amount of times over a 7 day period vs X amount of times for Android."

What we have left would go something like this:
    APPS - Android has many apps. Blackberry's app selection is largely a subset of Android app store with many apps not fully functional or functioning properly
    DISPLAY - Android has a variety of display selection from <3" to >6". Blackberry has what? 3? Android also has a better selection of PPI and display types like AMOLED and SLCD
    OPENNESS - There are Android devices with unlocked bootloader.
    HARDWARE - Android has quad core Snapdragon 800 processors
    PRICING - BBRY is sells a Z10 with a Snapdragon S4 for ~400 USD. A Nexus 5 with a Snapdragon 800 can be had for ~350 USD.

And it goes on and on like this... It's because Android is so much better/more suitable for most people that its the top selling OS in the world.
    11-30-13 12:52 PM
    Much easier than downloading a program on a pc. Blackberry is claiming after all bb10 is a mobile computer

NO MORE SIDE LOADING!!!!!

Step 1) Google app store

BB10 Vs Android: The Facts-img_00000017.png

Step 2) select app store and click install

BB10 Vs Android: The Facts-img_00000018.png

Step 3) save and open file

BB10 Vs Android: The Facts-img_00000019.png

Step 4)install and open app

BB10 Vs Android: The Facts-img_00000023.png

Very simple execution that even a novice would have no difficulty obtaining a 3rd party app store.

I felt I would show just how easily it is to execute a simple function on bb10. Very easy and effortless

Just pointing out how simple it is to those that don't own a bb10 device and are commenting on the hassle. It really is this easy.

Hope it helps those new to installing app stores

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 225735
    Last edited by missing_K-W; 11-30-13 at 01:16 PM.
    11-30-13 01:03 PM
    Since this is about facts surrounding Android vs BlackBerry 10, I'll just post one fact.

In the matter of one week, over 10 million people activate a new Android-based device. In one week's time, the number of Android-based devices sold out number the total amount of BlackBerry 10 devices sold in its entire existence by a healthy margin.

If you want to take a closer look at it, in one month, just one Android-based device, the Samsung Galaxy S4, sold over 10 million units. That one month of sells, on only one device, far surpasses all of BlackBerry 10 sales so far.

Fact is, BlackBerry 10 is a commercial failure.
    Donvald, JeepBB, Bsbudd and 1 others like this.
    11-30-13 01:18 PM
    Since this is about facts surrounding Android vs BlackBerry 10, I'll just post one fact.

In the matter of one week, over 10 million people activate a new Android-based device. In one week's time, the number of Android-based devices sold out number the total amount of BlackBerry 10 devices sold in its entire existence by a healthy margin.

If you want to take a closer look at it, in one month, just one Android-based device, the Samsung Galaxy S4, sold over 10 million units. That one month of sells, on only one device, far surpasses all of BlackBerry 10 sales so far.

Fact is, BlackBerry 10 is a commercial failure.
    If Blackberry can profit from bb10 than it will be a success. BlackBerry doesn't have to be number one. Just profitable

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 01:20 PM
    Are you talking about 10.2.1? It isn't even officially out yet. I am not going to bother with buggy leaks.
    Yes. I have 10.2.1. If you wait for official that is great. You will love the update

If you decide to go with a leak. Be sure to back up and restore your device before and after

I find 10.2.1.1055 to be very stable
    Posted via CB10
    scmcc16 likes this.
    11-30-13 01:29 PM
    If Blackberry can profit from bb10 than it will be a success. BlackBerry doesn't have to be number one. Just profitable

Posted via CB10
    Since the purchase of QNX, the company has lost almost $3 billion on their new platform. And that figure only includes the purchase of QNX ($200 million) and the inventory write off for the PlayBook (estimated at $1.5 billion), and the Z10 ($1 billion). That figure would much higher if I had the totals for developing the new OS, marketing, all of the developer promotions and other expenses related to the new platform.

Bottom line, they haven't made a dime of profit off of the new platform. It has been a complete commercial failure and that isn't a opinion, it is a fact.
    Donvald, JeepBB, Drew808 and 13 others like this.
    11-30-13 01:29 PM
    Completely agree... once loved BB but they mucked it up...on that note: /end thread

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using CB forums app
    NinerJet9 likes this.
    11-30-13 01:36 PM
    Since the purchase of QNX, the company has lost almost $3 billion on their new platform. And that figure only includes the purchase of QNX ($200 million) and the inventory write off for the PlayBook (estimated at $1.5 billion), and the Z10 ($1 billion). That figure would much higher if I had the totals for developing the new OS, marketing, all of the developer promotions and other expenses related to the new platform.

Bottom line, they haven't made a dime of profit off of the new platform. It has been a complete commercial failure and that isn't a opinion, it is a fact.
    The potential to obtain and sustain profitability is there. When bb10 ceases to exist only then can one solidify a reason to pass judgment on an infant platform.

How the future plays out in the means of profitability can rectify the initial losses.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 01:36 PM
    The question is, can blackberry market BB10 as being fully compatible with Android and the apps? If that can be done, BB10 sales could take off.

Particularly for the 'prosumer' and would be great for enterprise, with the BB Balance feature fully demonstrated as secure BB10 for work and BlackBerry 'Blandroid' outside of the office.

Posted via CB10
    missing_K-W likes this.
    11-30-13 01:38 PM

Gotta break some eggs to make an omelet!
    mmarco, bradu1 and damien kupuku like this.
    11-30-13 01:38 PM

The majority of them do. There's no Tech Savvy to it.

Almost every Android device I see has been customized in some form or another. It's easy, doesn't require tinkering, and is one of the first things a first time Android user learns to do.

SwiftKeyed/Flowed via Tapatalk 4 Beta
    11-30-13 01:40 PM
    Each of the Big 4 mobile operating systems has their own pros and cons and depending on which one you choose largely depends on one's needs. Those who prefer a communication and multitasking centric device will go for a BB10 device. Those who prefer a simplified and smooth operating system with a great app and media ecosystem will prefer IOS. Those who like customization and modding as well as access to Google services at various sizes and options with plenty of apps will prefer Android. Those who like a refreshing and constantly moving and updating tiled interface with access to all of Microsoft's services will prefer WP8.

With that being said of course most people here will prefer BB10. There are things BB10 excels at, struggles with, and is on par with compared to the competition. There are also things that BB10 has that's a new and debate-ably improved way of doing things. The truth is that there is no operating system to be considered "best". I personally think that Android is the most well rounded because you can customize the home screen and set default apps to whatever you like, but I don't think its best. You really just have to try and experiment with all platforms to see what you really think suits you the most. Its all just personal preference really.
    Mecca EL, grover5, GG1 and 12 others like this.
    11-30-13 01:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    I honestly don't know if you are one of those "positive trolls" or if you actually do think all of those things you are saying.

But I hope you realize only those on crackberry are running leaks, and even a smaller subset in actuality.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB, bbq10l, mikeo007 and 5 others like this.
    11-30-13 01:55 PM
    I honestly don't know if you are one of those "positive trolls" or if you actually do think all of those things you are saying.

But I hope you realize only those on crackberry are running leaks, and even a smaller subset in actuality.

Posted via CB10
    Just the other day I was called the biggest Blackberry fan on CB. An honor I hold in high regards. Wouldn't waste my time on the forums unless I was a huge BlackBerry fan hope that clears that up

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 02:01 PM
    Every platform supporter can poke holes in other platforms. It's easy to do because no one platform has every imaginable feature built into their favored platform. Everybody can point out missing features or functionality on any platform. Every platform can produce examples of performance tests to proclaim their favored platform superior. Then of course are rebuttals which are rarely more than "That's just a gimmick" or "I don't need that so it's irrelevant."

11-30-13 02:07 PM
    No home button means that for me Bb10 wins hands down every time.

Does android sell more? Of course. It's only almost every other phone manufacturer selling it. Tim Hortons sells more coffee than my favourite coffee shop. My favourite coffee shop however has, imo, a far superior coffee.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 02:07 PM
    No home button means that for me Bb10 wins hands down every time.
    I'm at a loss as to why this seems to be a huge point on CB in recent months.

There is nothing inferior to having a home button. It's just a different method of UI interaction. It's neither better nor worse. Just different.

Rello, Saiga, JeepBB and 22 others like this.
    11-30-13 02:14 PM
436 123 ...