May have already been known, but I have been up-to-date on leaks, and this was news to me.. Probably because I don't have a dev alpha. Interesting piece of info though

[BB10] Very Smart Browser, Typed In ".con" & Redirects You to ".com" Page. Simple, But Immensely Use-fwl97ceaa5tp5.jpg
    sf49ers and just_luc like this.
    12-22-12 12:01 PM
    Not sure why this is considered a particularly exciting feature.... For example, the default iOS browser has a dedicated ".com" button. Chrome lets you just talk into it. Just say, "crackberry dot com" and it fills in the URL window with "crackberry.com"
    12-22-12 12:21 PM
    Not sure why this is considered a particularly exciting feature.... For example, the default iOS browser has a dedicated ".com" button. Chrome lets you just talk into it. Just say, "crackberry dot com" and it fills in the URL window with "crackberry.com"
    Not sure why you particularly have to rain on his parade, useful feature, can't you leave it at that? And judging by the mic button in the BB10 keyboard, it will also let you speak it. Universal Search on BBOS already does that.
    Attached Thumbnails [BB10] Very Smart Browser, Typed In ".con" & Redirects You to ".com" Page. Simple, But Immensely Use-edshot-sat-dec-22-2012-6.33.06-pm-.jpg  
    kemj likes this.
    12-22-12 12:31 PM
    But the PB also has a dedicated ".com" button
    [BB10] Very Smart Browser, Typed In ".con" & Redirects You to ".com" Page. Simple, But Immensely Use-uploadfromtaptalk1356201191723.jpg[BB10] Very Smart Browser, Typed In ".con" & Redirects You to ".com" Page. Simple, But Immensely Use-uploadfromtaptalk1356201231688.jpg
    kemj likes this.
    12-22-12 12:33 PM
    May have already been known, but I have been up-to-date on leaks, and this was news to me.. Probably because I don't have a dev alpha. Interesting piece of info though

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A-FWL97CEAA5tP5.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	57.8 KB 
ID:	129224
    I if you look close you'll see a microphone icon, interesting though...
    12-22-12 12:35 PM
    At the above post, I didn't know you could hold .com and get the other extensions, and the reason why it's nice is because I don't use a .com button. I type.
    12-22-12 12:36 PM
    despite the dedicted .com button on my playbook, I still end up typing it out most times.. and once in a while I do type in .con, I think it's great that it will correct to .com. Thanks OP!
    12-22-12 12:37 PM
    But the PB also has a dedicated ".com" button
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1356201191723.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	32.6 KB 
ID:	129229Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1356201231688.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	61.2 KB 
ID:	129230
    You have a lot more space with a tablet.
    12-22-12 12:39 PM
    despite the dedicted .com button on my playbook, I still end up typing it out most times.. and once in a while I do type in .con, I think it's great that it will correct to .com. Thanks OP!
    Yes, exactly! This is my thinking.. My PlayBook has a .com button, which is convenient.. But two things.. It has much more space on the keyboard like the above person mentioned, so it was easy for them to throw that in there. But also, like you, a lot of the time I will type it in and misspell it from typing it quickly. I understand that iPhones also have a .com button, etc. Point being is that BB10 browser is smart enough to know what you MEANT to type. Sure the iPhone has a designated button like the PlayBook, but BB10 is the first browser to actually be smart enough to realize what you were TRYING to do. That's the whole point of this post, not because it's amazingly convenient or anything.. Obviously clicking a button that says ".com" would be faster, but the fact that this uses awesome recognition technology is the interesting part of all of this.

+1 for understanding my reasoning for posting this & not complaining like a few others.
    just_luc likes this.
    12-22-12 01:09 PM