View Poll Results: BB10: Touchscreen or psychical keyboard?

Voters
205. You may not vote on this poll
  • Touchscreen; there's just no way that I'm gonna miss that big screen resolution

72 35.12%
  • Psychical keyboard; well you know, I just can't get away from the awesomeness of the 9900 keyboard

85 41.46%
  • Slider; I think I would prefer a slider for this time

48 23.41%
    If they came up with a BB10 phone exactly like the BB Bold 9900 , I would get it in a heartbeat.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Well, since you may have seen the leaked pictures of the BB10 N series already, I guess you would be getting it in a heartbeat.

What about you guys? Seriously, the N series looks like ALOT of the current 9900 series already. Nothing has been changed except it has abit of bigger screen and the buttons including the trackpad have been removed. Are you still going to get the N series or changing your mind to the L series now?
    09-27-12 08:44 PM
    A BlackBerry isn't a BlackBerry without a keyboard! That's why it's named BlackBerry becasue it looks like an actual blackberry with its buttons! And that is one of the strongest qualities of BlackBerry is its keyboard! Nothing else compares..

Having a physical keyboard is one of the main reasons why I use a BlackBerry. There will never be a touchscreen keyboard that is as accurate and efficient as a physical qwerty keyboard because you are just pushing on glass not really knowing if you are pressing the right button..

Physical keyboard is the way to go!!
    study_lady likes this.
    09-27-12 09:01 PM
    Fixing typos on Android I find most times is tedious to do and other times easy. I think it depends on what application I am trying to fix the typo on. On an iPhone its very easy to accomplish. It's something I will have to test out when the BB 10 arrives.
    09-27-12 09:14 PM
    I'm really torn between a full touch or physical keyboard!
    The touchscreen really looks cool, and with all the gestures on a phone with a physical keyboard seems awkward.. but blackberry has always been about the keyboard for me!!
    oh no!
    11-05-12 11:19 PM
    Physical keyboard ftw! I'm looking forward to get my hand on it!
    11-06-12 03:53 PM
    Waiting for the slider for sure, only makes sense to me
    Someone said that you can't use it one handed, I don't have any problems doing that. Like anything else, you get use to it.
    11-06-12 09:23 PM
    Touch based BB10 will hold the first phone which is completely perfect for me and fits what I have been looking for in a phone for about 4 years: A completely touch based phone.

You can lock and unlock and change volume etc all using the touchscreen. You never have to use any of the buttons. Which means there are no moving parts to wear down, and being LCD (at least the first L-Series) there will be no pixel wear (burn in).

I guess the first thing to wear out would be the battery but then you can replace this. So I guess the phone will work until the screen's backlight LEDs wear out which is probably around 10 years.
    11-08-12 02:28 AM
    You can lock and unlock and change volume etc all using the touchscreen.
    Volume? No, there are volume keys on both the Dev alpha devices that we've seen so I'm sure there will be the same on the full touch BB10 device.

I like the buttons on the side - need something to skip tracks with when the phone is playing music in the car (can't operate touch screen while driving).

I don't care how nice the full touch is, I'm waiting for a Torch style slider. Bigger screen than the N series (hopefully) and a proper keyboard too.
    11-08-12 02:36 AM
    Volume? No, there are volume keys on both the Dev alpha devices that we've seen so I'm sure there will be the same on the full touch BB10 device.

I like the buttons on the side - need something to skip tracks with when the phone is playing music in the car (can't operate touch screen while driving).

I don't care how nice the full touch is, I'm waiting for a Torch style slider. Bigger screen than the N series (hopefully) and a proper keyboard too.
    Yes but the PlayBook has volume buttons but I never use them either. I always use the volume setting on the settings menu. Similarly the PlayBook has a sleep/wake button but keep never use this.

I'm happy for the device to have buttons as well its the fact that you don't ever have to use them if you prefer to use touch versions instead.
    11-08-12 03:03 PM
    I voted for the physical keyboard and I love having a keyboard to type on since I suck with a virtual one but looking at that full touch BB is making me consider it.
    01-22-13 10:42 PM
    I can't really say because I haven't used either phone. I suspect the Keyboard, but, if the touch screen is near perfect keyboard wise, it would make sense to go with that one....simply for the bigger screen. That is something I like about the torch 2 even though the keyboard is tiny
    01-22-13 11:45 PM
    I prefer physical keyboards, and for my next phone if i get a blackberry because i love mine i would like it be like the Torch 9810 as i love the look of that phone so if i go for Blackberry 10 i would love the N Series or a Slider one
    01-23-13 12:25 PM
112 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD