View Poll Results: BB10: Touchscreen or psychical keyboard?

Voters
205. You may not vote on this poll
  • Touchscreen; there's just no way that I'm gonna miss that big screen resolution

72 35.12%
  • Psychical keyboard; well you know, I just can't get away from the awesomeness of the 9900 keyboard

85 41.46%
  • Slider; I think I would prefer a slider for this time

48 23.41%
    Now that we are finally waiting for the new devices to be launched soon, which of the upcoming devices will you be getting and why?

I love it with a keyboard and always had, but I think I'm going for a change now with a touchscreen this time. I mean, I know I just can't miss the great keyboard that the 9900 had but a change is always good, I guess.

Cast away your vote!
    07-02-12 02:40 PM
    Its been said over & over that the first BB10 will be a Touch then the Keyboard to follow. But I would not be surprise that both will show up at the same time now with this delay.
    07-02-12 02:45 PM
    Touchscreen's also appeal to business users. It is much better having all that screen real estate to view spread sheets or read documents. I also do not have a problem with virtual keyboard, but I only use it several times for messaging.
    zakcooper40 likes this.
    07-02-12 02:47 PM
    I definitely want the device that will predict the future.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    07-02-12 02:49 PM
    I am a little tired of the touchscreen keyboard. I love my phone for all the stuff it enables me to do but really if the BB 10 with a physical keyboard has a good sound system, large screen(3.1"+) and a great camera I am definitely going that route. Slider would be cool too, depending on how thick of a phone it would be.
    07-02-12 02:51 PM
    I was wondering how would the games be on the BB10? I mean will its graphics be just like the iPhone with good quality and the games that will be included such as Angry Birds, Cut the Rop, etc? If that, then the touchscreen is definitely the answer to play games on it since it features a full, bigger screen with better resolution.
    Dapper37 likes this.
    07-02-12 02:58 PM
    After going back to the 9930, I've realized how important screen real estate is to me. I like being able to see as much content on one screen without having to scroll all over, or have to read teeny tiny font. After using touchscreen keyboards for nearly 2 years I've become pretty speedy. I'm looking forward to trading my 9930 for a 9850 to combine the BB experience with the screen real estate that I need. I have a feeling that a BB10 with a 4.2"+ screen will be pure heaven for me.
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    07-02-12 03:20 PM
    Physical keyboard. I cannot type anything coherent on a touchscreen.
    shemaree09 and sleepngbear like this.
    07-02-12 03:28 PM
    Are you sure you don't want the fortune telling "psychical" device?

shemaree09 likes this.
    07-02-12 03:32 PM
    or go back to fix it.

With a touchscreen, if I have a typo its so hard to go back and fix it. I end up just deleting everything and start over

Keyboard + trackpad =
    Revampd likes this.
    07-02-12 03:33 PM

LOL! just noticed that!
    07-02-12 04:18 PM
    or go back to fix it.

With a touchscreen, if I have a typo its so hard to go back and fix it. I end up just deleting everything and start over

Keyboard + trackpad =
    I've noticed it's easier for me to tap to correct something on a larger screened device. For example, when I had the MyTouch 4G I used the trackpad often to place the cursor to start to correct something. Then when I started getting 4.3" devices without trackpads, I found I was pretty darn accurate just using the edge of my thumb to place the cursor where I needed it to be. I'm really hoping the same will be the case on BB10.
    07-02-12 04:22 PM
    I voted for a keypad type BB10, but I'm not going to rule out an ALL TOUCH BlackBerry BB10 device. I've been using a keypad for approx 5yrs, maybe it's time for a change.......NOT
    07-02-12 04:27 PM
    I'd like a slider. Same specs as the full touch, plus the same screen size and resolution. But with a keyboard. I'd love that.

I'm willing to try touchscreen keyboard. But if I really need to type. I can pull out the keyboard. Best of both worlds.
    kbz1960, goaliegirl33 and sputneek like this.
    07-02-12 04:52 PM
    I think BlackBerry is going to have THE BEST touchscreens on the market. But I just love my physical keyboard.

I'll get a keyboard BlackBerry 10!
    07-02-12 05:00 PM
    Physical keyboard although a slider does not bother me.

Just out of curiosity, was there a reason for the 9900 mention in the poll or were you just
    trying to alienate the users of other full QWERTY BlackBerrys My vote was for the
    slider because I don't have the "awesomeness"
    07-02-12 05:12 PM
    I think BlackBerry is going to have THE BEST touchscreens on the market.
    From your lips to Thorsten's ears!!
    07-02-12 05:13 PM
    Touchscreen's also appeal to business users. It is much better having all that screen real estate to view spread sheets or read documents. I also do not have a problem with virtual keyboard, but I only use it several times for messaging.
    ...and then the whole touchscreen idea falls apart when you have to do any real editing
    of these documents, or at least that has been my experience.
    shaleem likes this.
    07-02-12 05:16 PM
    ...and then the whole touchscreen idea falls apart when you have to do any real editing
    of these documents, or at least that has been my experience.
    Word documents no problem, as for spreadsheets, any serious amount of work would be painful on either device, in that case I would rather use a laptop.
    07-02-12 05:22 PM
    Screen real estate is nice, so why fill it up with an on-screen keyboard?

It's as if people are forgetting about the Torch. Big screen when you need it, slide out keyboard when you need to type.

I will not buy a "slab" phone, nor will I buy a Bold/Curve style phone. Hopefully BB10 releases on a Torch too, or at the very least with an announcement of a Torch slider in the works.

Otherwise I'll grab a Torch 9810 with OS7 on it. Form factor selection is just as important as OS in my opinion and there's no sense in having a great OS on a piece of hardware that doesn't let you work with it the way you want.
    07-02-12 05:23 PM
    Wait a sec, launched soon??? LOL

Touchscreen for me.
    07-02-12 05:25 PM
    Screen real estate is nice, so why fill it up with an on-screen keyboard?
    When you're viewing a document, spreadsheet, webpage, pic, app, video, etc you see the full thing. The keyboard only pops up when you tap inside a text box. Surely you know that.
    07-02-12 05:46 PM
    When you're viewing a document, spreadsheet, webpage, pic, app, video, etc you see the full thing. The keyboard only pops up when you tap inside a text box. Surely you know that.
    Indeed I do know that. However, given the option of havin the on-screen keyboard pop-up and take up half the screen or sliding out the physical keyboard and still seeing what I'm doing, I'll take the slide out keyboard any day of the week.

That's the nice thing about the Torch. It works the way the user wants it. BlackBerry users are always complaining that the phone isn't customizable like Android devices are - here's one way that the Torch IS flexible in ways a slab phone or Bold/Curve phone isn't.

The PlayBook's on-screen keyboard drives me nuts taking up half the screen.
    go1ndr and pantlesspenguin like this.
    07-02-12 05:51 PM
    I agree with SSBTECH, after years of using the awesome BB keyboard, I absolutely hate using a virtual keyboard--even the one on my 9810. In fact I had to use one this morning to look something up on my wife's Kindle Fire that was handy-great tablet by the way--anyway, as I was typing in Google search for a store, I realized that I was typing with one finger and even then, with countless mistakes. I know you get used to it, but I just don't think I'd be happy with a virtual keyboard--and I sm in business and use my 9810 constantly sending emails and texts/calendar, etc. can't imagine replying to 100+ emails a day on a virtual keyboard. Just my 2 cents worth.
    ritesh likes this.
    07-03-12 02:35 PM

I'll settle for just the next PowerBall number. Otherwise, must be a keyboard for me, please.
    shaleem likes this.
    07-03-12 03:05 PM
112 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD