R.I.P. BlackBerry 10 OS.

There has been much comment this past wee while regarding Facebook/WhatsApp abandoning BB10. Some people are blaming BlackBerry for not developing their app, some folk are blaming Facebook for killing BlackBerry's access to their APIs.

It does not matter. What BlackBerry now has with BB10 is an operating system which does not support two of the - like it or not - most popular mobile communications tools. It is like going back say ten or fifteen years and trying to sell a new phone which can't send text messages. IMHO, if BlackBerry is truly committed to BB10 (it is after all still selling BB10 devices) then it needs to sort this FAST. At the very least, it needs Mr Chen to make a comment (as far as I am aware he is silent on the issue). Perhaps it is BlackBerry's way of quietly killing the OS and pushing people towards the Priv to save development costs.

Personally, I have a Priv and a Passport. BB10 is such a smooth and slick OS - Android on the Priv may be secure but it can never come close in terms of usability and productivity.

I would love to be wrong about all this. I would love to be able to say all of us early adopters and supporters of BB10 have not been royally shafted by this situation but that would be a lie.

R.I.P. Blackberry 10 OS, you died too young.
    03-26-16 07:08 PM
    Yes yes it's dead now let it rest in peace

Posted via CB10
    03-26-16 07:10 PM
    For the record, Chen did speak out on this: Finally some words from John Chen - Page 4 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

But I would agree it's time to let BB10 rest in peace. The focus has to be on Android and whether Android will allow BlackBerry to keep making BlackBerry's. I want a Vienna.
    03-26-16 07:21 PM
    R.I.P. BlackBerry 10 OS.

There has been much comment this past wee while regarding Facebook/WhatsApp abandoning BB10. Some people are blaming BlackBerry for not developing their app, some folk are blaming Facebook for killing BlackBerry's access to their APIs.

It does not matter. What BlackBerry now has with BB10 is an operating system which does not support two of the - like it or not - most popular mobile communications tools. It is like going back say ten or fifteen years and trying to sell a new phone which can't send text messages. IMHO, if BlackBerry is truly committed to BB10 (it is after all still selling BB10 devices) then it needs to sort this FAST. At the very least, it needs Mr Chen to make a comment (as far as I am aware he is silent on the issue). Perhaps it is BlackBerry's way of quietly killing the OS and pushing people towards the Priv to save development costs.

Personally, I have a Priv and a Passport. BB10 is such a smooth and slick OS - Android on the Priv may be secure but it can never come close in terms of usability and productivity.

I would love to be wrong about all this. I would love to be able to say all of us early adopters and supporters of BB10 have not been royally shafted by this situation but that would be a lie.

R.I.P. Blackberry 10 OS, you died too young.
    Nothing Blackberry can do now. The death sentence was signed by Mark & JIM. BBM should have been multi-platform earlier. Whatsapp came and filled that void. The wasted time on the Playbook and resulting lost of developer trust and lack of apps when BB10 arrived.
    Like you I agree the BB10 OS systems is great OS that has "gone too soon"
    Jermanicus likes this.
    03-26-16 07:22 PM
    Boy we really needed another one of these threads.
    RoseBud68, bakron1, gebco and 5 others like this.
    03-26-16 07:29 PM
    Funny thing is I never use either app and don't have them installed, granted I abandoned Blackberry a while ago, but I don't have either on my iPhone.
    03-26-16 07:38 PM
    Boy we really needed another one of these threads.
    You are entitled to your opinion

As am I.
    03-26-16 08:03 PM
    You are entitled to your opinion

As am I.
    I agree, but you probably could have added it to the other 100 threads on this topic.
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    03-26-16 08:04 PM
    Yep, there are enough active threads on this topic already.
    03-26-16 08:19 PM