I was just thinking that one of the most under-represented groups on the forums these days are BB10 users who still prefer the BB10 slab/VKB experience over other choices.

Post here if you are still using a BB10 slab as a daily driver. Feel free to elaborate on

1) why
    2) what sacrifices you've been willing to make

As many of you know, I still still carry my launch-day Z10 as my DD because it supports my high intensity MS Exchange-based work flows better than Android, allows me much more control over notifications, and provides a cleaner, simpler interface for writing. I use BlackBerry PKBS from 2004-2013, but am much faster on the BlackBerry VKB.

I don't want to deal with the Android run time, which under performs and sucks battery life on the Z10, so I double carry a KEYone for Slack and other apps, and I'm happy to leave it in my bag when I don't want the distractions. I also carry an extra battery for the Z10. I miss the VKB shortcuts and precise controls when editing long compositions, but not enough to give up the VKB.

Posted with my trusty Z10

PS. The occasional typo (as in the title of this thread!) doesn't bother me, as I proof read all of my professional correspondence anyway.
    09-13-19 10:32 AM
    It's still kinda sad to think about how good BB10 could have been it it was presented properly and caught on with the masses. The Hub and Flow and just the general design of native apps were a thing of beauty.
    09-13-19 10:50 AM
    Not a primary device, but I use my Z30 almost daily - mostly for tinkering or tech support.
    09-13-19 10:53 AM
    I loved the z30, display was awesome, vkb was fine on it, especially good - though I prefer pkb's like the passport because it also has that expansive screen. and keyboard shortcuts, I occassionally use one and got one back (z30) when the Leap disappeared in mysterious circumstances. It's used as needed if the passport is in the middle of a recharge - which is rarely, or as an extremely long day back-up device. Loved the z10 when I first saw it, and sometimes wish I still had it for the small carry proposition - but that's a compromise to sight and big screen reading preferences that i have ( though way back the playbook achieved that requirement fantastically). I used androids first and the z10 was an awesome relief in comparison.
    Don't have much times for games, but would appreciate them occasionally if it was iron-clad guaranteed they weren't data slurping,exhibiting general snooping / personal data collecting traits, or thirdly (least concerning) sucking up battery life. I used games pretty extensively on the playbook though.
    Flatman likes this.
    09-13-19 03:11 PM
    I think the only BB10 devices I haven't owned at one time or another are the Z3 and Leap.

The Z30 was my first BB10 phone and I loved it. Man, what a phone. It had among the larger screens available on a phone at the time. The external speakers were amazing. Battery life was good. It got me hooked on BB10.

If I were to get a BB10 slab again I would probably go for the Z10, mainly for its swappable battery.

I always wanted to try a Leap, though.
    09-13-19 11:50 PM
    Blackberry Evolve as primary, Z30 as personal device (just purchased brand new un used device last month) to replace previous Z30.
    09-14-19 09:51 AM
    Still using Z30 as DD, plan on using it until it turns belly up or something gets shutdown that affects my work flow.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-19 10:03 AM
    I think the only BB10 devices I haven't owned at one time or another are the Z3 and Leap.

The Z30 was my first BB10 phone and I loved it. Man, what a phone. It had among the larger screens available on a phone at the time. The external speakers were amazing. Battery life was good. It got me hooked on BB10.

If I were to get a BB10 slab again I would probably go for the Z10, mainly for its swappable battery.

I always wanted to try a Leap, though.
    I got a Leap when I found out my Z30 didn’t have AT&T LTE support. I loved both at time.

The DTEK were awesome for their place in time as well.
    09-14-19 04:41 PM