This may have been discussed numerous times before, and people will be getting tired of reading and hearing about this sort of stuff, but my idea is different.

BB10 was delayed to Q1 2013, and we all are heartbroken that we have to wait that much longer for the amazing OS and RIM saviour!

My theory and thought process took me to the idea that RIM is saving their butts in the long run by pushing the release date back to Q1. It sucks at the moment for consumers and media can have a field day on RIM missing another release date.

I had this thought that RIM is just pushing it back so that no matter what they will NOT release it later than they initially promised or said, this way they have that additional time IF NEEDED.

I feel that it is just a lifeline for RIM to put a later date out there and now in a month people will be thinking its going to be Q1, but what if they work hard and things just click and work out perfectly and they are able to complete it and get the software completed by November 2012, and since they said they have the hardware completed they can release the phones for the Christmas holiday season.

This would make RIM look amazing seeing as they released it before 2013 and before their date of Q1 2013, and make media outlets have good things to say about the company, and also if BB10 is a knock-out like many believe it will be, then it will be that much better marketing and media publicity for RIM.

I still have a feeling it will be ready and released before Q1 2013 and that was just a kind of "safety" zone they gave themselves JUST IN CASE they encounter unexpected difficulties (which I am sure they will because things are never going to work out perfectly).
    07-04-12 12:34 PM
    That would be a crazy bet ...
    07-04-12 12:36 PM
    When it's released all will be forgive and the stock shall rise high!!!
    Blacklatino and VerryBestr like this.
    07-04-12 12:37 PM
    It will not be released before Q1. One can hope that they polish off what they need to so that it is a market-ready product, and maybe have a little extra time for that, but there's no way they'll release ahead of target.
    07-04-12 12:37 PM
    No idea, but I try not to think about it any more.

BB10 may be on the horizon but the keyboard 10 is farther away. Damn it !

My Bold is still like new anyhow & still not bored of it.
    madman0141 likes this.
    07-04-12 12:42 PM
    OP... for every hope you will see 10 naay sayers on this thread. They will say they have never delivered before so why now...yada yada!

I agree with you, why not set the expectation for Q1 and deliver before....that has always been a crowd pleaser.

I am an optimist, always have been. I have no time for negativity, it produces nothing but negative results.
    07-04-12 12:44 PM
    At this point I am taking a it will happen when it happens approach. There is nothing we
    can do to control the release or will the device into existence so why stress over it.
    07-04-12 12:50 PM
    Not stressing over anything I have my Bold 9900 and it still works perfect for me now, and will still be a great phone when BB10 drops, but I will definitely get BB10 when it releases, and I will not be sad if it releases in January or February.

It comes when it comes totally, and I was just stating my opinion that as a company they are just giving them EXTRA time to perfect the OS and they initially said later in 2012, so maybe they have met some difficulties and just extended their timeframe just to be safe, but no one knows if tomorrow they will fix an issue they may be having and that could result in a 2 week earlier release.

I am being positive about the situation seeing as I am Canadian and would love to see RIM succeed and become the company they were a few years ago.
    07-04-12 12:59 PM
    While very possible it is ready for release early, I believe they will take that extra time to really polish and fine tune everything.

It's already delayed till Q1, no need to push it out early for "good press".
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    07-04-12 01:03 PM
    Not stressing over anything .
    I think you misunderstood my post I wasn't intimating YOU were stressing, I was
    simply saying I choose not too
    07-04-12 01:13 PM
    I think you misunderstood my post I wasn't intimating YOU were stressing, I was
    simply saying I choose not too
    ahh lol okay!
    07-04-12 01:18 PM
    In reality it's probably a better time for the release. In Q4 2012 all eyes will be on the new iPhone and BB10 would get minimal attention. By the time January or February rolls around the new iPhone will have less of the spotlight.
    07-04-12 01:42 PM
    With all 3 of the competition releasing their next Gen phones this year, there's a snowball's chance in he11 of me waiting for Thor and company to finish waffling.
    07-04-12 02:04 PM
    With all 3 of the competition releasing their next Gen phones this year, there's a snowball's chance in he11 of me waiting for Thor and company to finish waffling.
    Okay, and that's you. There are likely many others in the same boat.

HOWEVER, yes, there actually IS a little benefit to releasing later, out of the crunch. Likely to get more media attention, for one thing. The retailers like to push what's new, too, and by that time the iPhone 5 will have already been out for a bit. Some users may have taken it and not liked it. BB10 may be more affordable.

For a user who spends little time watching the new product announcements, walking into a store in February, the BB10 might just have more appeal.
    07-04-12 03:02 PM
    Just had this idea about the remarks made around the iPhone 5 releasing...if BB10 releases in say Jan, Feb then it will give the market a time to cool down from the iPhone 5 hype and give way for BB10 to release untouched by other phones...

The problem with this is that if we are thinking about this strategy, would Apple not be thinking of this as well?

We all know Apple released their last iPhone in October last year, and there are rumours surrounding an iPad Mini...what if Apple does not want BB10 to have the hype alone come the new year and release the iPad Mini come Sept/Oct and release the new iPhone 5 right before Christmas so that the hype will still be around when BB10 releases..

Apple fanboys will have their iPad Mini to tide them over until the iPhone 5 releases 2 months later...lets hope Apple isn't thinking about this, and if they are lets hope they just want to release iPhone 5 ASAP (although Apple fans will clearly wait the additional 2 months for a phone, so they may understand their current market will wait around for much longer)
    07-04-12 03:25 PM
    This train of thought is ridiculous. Yes, Blackberry will get more hype come February; but, it'll miss out on the Christmas shopping season! Not only that, it might suffer from a period of post holiday spending retraction.

It depends on which matters more: less advertising when everyone is spending or more advertising when no one is spending.
    07-04-12 03:38 PM
    I actually do believe RIMM is going to file for bankruptcy before BB10 is release... or they are going to get bought out for their patents and Blackberries will be scrapped. Mark my words.
    07-04-12 03:42 PM
    I actually do believe RIMM is going to file for bankruptcy before BB10 is release... or they are going to get bought out for their patents and Blackberries will be scrapped. Mark my words.
    this thread is getting crazier by the post, how do you go bankrupt with billions in cash, no debt, you couldn't do it if you tried
    07-04-12 03:55 PM
    this thread is getting crazier by the post, how do you go bankrupt with billions in cash, no debt, you couldn't do it if you tried
    When people stop buying your phones/products because they are vastly inferior and no updates for a long time there is no revenue generated. With vastly superior products on the market it is inevitable. With millions/billions being invested in gearing up to produce similar products that are already on the market (and have been for years) RIMM will only suffer more and more losses. Only a vastly superior product or breakthrough by RIMM will keep them afloat. RIMM stock price is down 75% from a year ago. Loss of $0.37 per share and they will be laying off 5,000 employees.

Again... they have 2.2 billion in cash which is great for them. It might keep them afloat by Q1 of 2013 when they release BB10. By then iPhone iOS and Droid OS will be even farther ahead of them. They will be sinking money into an OS that is still inferior.

RIMM is a sunken ship with one oxygen tank keeping the executives alive... underwater... hoping a lifeboat comes along to yank them from the ocean and tell them they will be all ok.
    yanicmb likes this.
    07-04-12 04:11 PM
    When people stop buying your phones/products because they are vastly inferior and no updates for a long time there is no revenue generated. With vastly superior products on the market it is inevitable. With millions/billions being invested in gearing up to produce similar products that are already on the market (and have been for years) RIMM will only suffer more and more losses. Only a vastly superior product or breakthrough by RIMM will keep them afloat. RIMM stock price is down 75% from a year ago. Loss of $0.37 per share and they will be laying off 5,000 employees.

Again... they have 2.2 billion in cash which is great for them. It might keep them afloat by Q1 of 2013 when they release BB10. By then iPhone iOS and Droid OS will be even farther ahead of them. They will be sinking money into an OS that is still inferior.

RIMM is a sunken ship with one oxygen tank keeping the executives alive... underwater... hoping a lifeboat comes along to yank them from the ocean and tell them they will be all ok.
    if Apple can come from nowhere, so can RIM with BB10, except RIM still has solid sales, granted less than expected, so just keep it realistic for a change, the race is on
    07-04-12 04:21 PM
    if Apple can come from nowhere, so can RIM with BB10, except RIM still has solid sales, granted less than expected, so just keep it realistic for a change, the race is on
    Is RIMM going to completely revamp their design of their phone and OS? Even with a complete overhaul their ecosystem is nonexistent and developers think of them last. It is an uphill battle for them for years and years.

One more major advance by either Apple or Droid and the Blackberry won't be able to catch up.

Again... they will either get bought out for their patents or they will go bankrupt (yes I know that is an extreme) by the time BB10 comes around. They will be behind the curve for a long long time.
    07-04-12 04:38 PM
    Is RIMM going to completely revamp their design of their phone and OS? Even with a complete overhaul their ecosystem is nonexistent and developers think of them last. It is an uphill battle for them for years and years.

One more major advance by either Apple or Droid and the Blackberry won't be able to catch up.

Again... they will either get bought out for their patents or they will go bankrupt (yes I know that is an extreme) by the time BB10 comes around. They will be behind the curve for a long long time.

you can safely forget about bankruptcy, never gonna happen, also you don't know BB10, so just wait till you see what happens next, at any rate RIM and its BB10 are getting no respect at all, so there is only upside from here for RIM
    07-04-12 05:19 PM

I see you just joined and don't list what you have. Did you perhaps just get laid off from somewhere?

On topic, when it is.
    07-04-12 05:20 PM
    I see you just joined and don't list what you have. Did you perhaps just get laid off from somewhere?

On topic, when it is.
    Nope... still working at IBM after 12 years. My wife's company just forced her to get a BB Torch 9810 with AT&T. Really frustrating phone. Tried to use BB Maps... blocked. Tried to get simple apps that I take for granted on my iPhone... not there. Google maps is there... reduced version and clunky. Tried to do simple tasks... took 3-4 more steps. OS not very intuitive. Ecosystem nonexistent. Keypad is clunky and small. Screen size much smaller. The phone actually put up an hourglass as it was "thinking" when I simply clicked the back button... laughed.

There was nothing on this phone that I could get behind and say... "well thats cool". Or "I'm impressed with the way they did this". There also wasn't anything advanced or creative. I feel like I am using a phone I had in 2006.

I've decided this is the only reason her work forced her to get this phone: it isn't fun. I believe they are relying on it staying stale and boring. I believe the notion that BB is the "corporate phone" is outdated and inaccurate. I believe companies know that iPhones and Droid phones have more potential for their employees to download games and "waste time" having fun... and they don't want that. However with that comes with a vast array of lost productivity with apps that can do powerful business related tasks and lost time doing simple tasks and/or not having access to advanced tools on the more advanced phones (iPhone / Droid).

At the end of it all... I can totally understand why RIMM has declined heavily in the last couple years and why their products are so inferior... and why BB10 has been pushed back. When I got my first iPhone I spent hours discovering the amazing potential and simplicity of the phone... when I got my wife's phone she was ready to throw it out the window on the first day and I told her I would check it out and show her how to do the simple tasks she loved to rely on... I'm still trying to figure this phone out. I'm still trying to install simple apps that are free on iPhone/Droid and/or are key to making your phone do more that just call/text/email.

I have no doubts that you can direct me to "workarounds" to use the phone... but a phone right out of the box that needs workarounds is horrible. I have no doubts that there are some fun cool apps... finding them is a chore in itself. A phone right out of the box should make you want to use it... not throw it out the window. I want to believe people that have used BB forever just simply don't know what they are missing. But being someone that has used an iPhone for that last 4 years going back to a BB is just painful.

And yes I am new here. I came here to get help and answers to some question. What I have found are a lot of people frustrated with their BB. I don't blame them.
    07-05-12 11:28 AM
    Nope... still working at IBM after 12 years. My wife's company just forced her to get a BB Torch 9810 with AT&T. Really frustrating phone. Tried to use BB Maps... blocked. Tried to get simple apps that I take for granted on my iPhone... not there. Google maps is there... reduced version and clunky. Tried to do simple tasks... took 3-4 more steps. OS not very intuitive. Ecosystem nonexistent. Keypad is clunky and small. Screen size much smaller. The phone actually put up an hourglass as it was "thinking" when I simply clicked the back button... laughed.

There was nothing on this phone that I could get behind and say... "well thats cool". Or "I'm impressed with the way they did this". There also wasn't anything advanced or creative. I feel like I am using a phone I had in 2006.

I've decided this is the only reason her work forced her to get this phone: it isn't fun. I believe they are relying on it staying stale and boring. I believe the notion that BB is the "corporate phone" is outdated and inaccurate. I believe companies know that iPhones and Droid phones have more potential for their employees to download games and "waste time" having fun... and they don't want that. However with that comes with a vast array of lost productivity with apps that can do powerful business related tasks and lost time doing simple tasks and/or not having access to advanced tools on the more advanced phones (iPhone / Droid).

At the end of it all... I can totally understand why RIMM has declined heavily in the last couple years and why their products are so inferior... and why BB10 has been pushed back. When I got my first iPhone I spent hours discovering the amazing potential and simplicity of the phone... when I got my wife's phone she was ready to throw it out the window on the first day and I told her I would check it out and show her how to do the simple tasks she loved to rely on... I'm still trying to figure this phone out. I'm still trying to install simple apps that are free on iPhone/Droid and/or are key to making your phone do more that just call/text/email.

I have no doubts that you can direct me to "workarounds" to use the phone... but a phone right out of the box that needs workarounds is horrible. I have no doubts that there are some fun cool apps... finding them is a chore in itself. A phone right out of the box should make you want to use it... not throw it out the window. I want to believe people that have used BB forever just simply don't know what they are missing. But being someone that has used an iPhone for that last 4 years going back to a BB is just painful.

And yes I am new here. I came here to get help and answers to some question. What I have found are a lot of people frustrated with their BB. I don't blame them.
    Can understand. I'm a little leary of new users as I think there will be plenty disgruntled RIM employees who were laid off that would love to go wherever and bash them true or not.

BTW does out of the box include apps you must download and or buy to make it do what you want or is that also using a work around?
    07-05-12 11:51 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD