I'm still running 10.0 on my Z10, thanks to Verizon, but I think I disagree with Kevin on the updates needing to come (and be released) by every carrier, at the same time.

At this point in time, I just don't think Blackberry has that luxury. The problem is that the updates aren't to add features necessarily, but also to fix bugs ... my fiance's Z10 has been randomly resetting from day 1. If there is an OS update to fix that, it needs to be rolled out as soon as possible, regardless of everyone else. It is more important for Blackberry to have a solid product that its users can recommend versus having everyone be either happy or miserable at the same time. It sucks, A LOT, that I still don't have my update, but i'm glad that people, with other carriers, are using up-to-date software, and can spread a positive word about the phone. Being a heavy Blackberry user, I know the product is good, and has good things to come, but the average user doesn't.
    07-15-13 07:05 PM
    I think Kevin would agree that if it takes this long its a bad idea. The goal would be to have the carriers be tons quicker and have it done and ready in 2-3 weeks tops
    07-15-13 07:07 PM
    I'm not sure where your Kevin quote is coming from, but it would seem to me that his idea makes sense if the releases are done on the faster carriers schedule and not all having to wait for the slowest carrier.
    07-15-13 08:32 PM
    He mentioned something along the lines of every carrier releasing different updates hurts BB. Some apps require 10.1 and some people were still on 10.0 and such. Thus the fragmentation occurs. The thought was even though carrier A was ready to go they would have to wait until B and C were ready and then it would roleout to all at the same time basically. This way everyone is on the same OS for the most part and devs dont have to worry about making apps/games that work on all possible OS versions out there.

Feel free to correct me if anyone remembers differently.
    07-15-13 08:39 PM