In less than a week, the PlayStation 4 will launch (Nov 15th). Xbox One follows in a week's time (Nov 22nd)

Sony has the Playstation app ready for download on Android and iOS. You'll be able to buy games, queue up downloads, experience 2nd screen functionality, control the PS4 UI and stream video etc.

Microsoft has the Xbox One Smartglass app ready for iOS, Android, Windows Phone and Windows 8. You'll have pretty much the same features as the Playstation app, perhaps more fleshed out since Smartglass has been in existence for much longer.

Also add to this list the custom apps from game devs to provide more granular info on Battlefield and Call of Duty.

Question is, none of these apps are available for BB10. SHouldn't BlackBerry be doing more to get these on board? It isn't as dire as the instagram situation, for example, but this could end up being a reason why some people are reluctant to switch to BB10.
    11-10-13 08:56 AM
    In less than a week, the PlayStation 4 will launch (Nov 15th). Xbox One follows in a week's time (Nov 22nd)

Sony has the Playstation app ready for download on Android and iOS. You'll be able to buy games, queue up downloads, experience 2nd screen functionality, control the PS4 UI and stream video etc.

Microsoft has the Xbox One Smartglass app ready for iOS, Android, Windows Phone and Windows 8. You'll have pretty much the same features as the Playstation app, perhaps more fleshed out since Smartglass has been in existence for much longer.

Also add to this list the custom apps from game devs to provide more granular info on Battlefield and Call of Duty.

Question is, none of these apps are available for BB10. SHouldn't BlackBerry be doing more to get these on board? It isn't as dire as the instagram situation, for example, but this could end up being a reason why some people are reluctant to switch to BB10.
    Honestly, phone selection has little to do with console purchase. Does it provide added value? Absolutely. But it's probably going to dissuade a small segment of the population from adopting BB10.

If I'm buying a console, it's for gaming. Having additional features like the use of my smartphone are added bonuses, but not a necessity.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 09:01 AM