Was having some problems with my 9930 wheras Podcasts are concerned so I called RIM with a ticket # from my cellular provider....
    ...After approx 30 minutes I was provided with a detailed answer as to why I was having problems.
    ...On 4 April 2012 RIM "Released" ( as in dropped ) Support of their native Podcast Application.

Thus, I was able to see the App in my list of Apps yet I couldn't find it in Blackberry App world.....
    ...My icon within the Blackberry Podcast App to manually add an RSS Feed ( to subscribe to a podcast ) vanished.

RIM is uncertain if they will have the ability engineered into their BB10 phone to be able to support a native Podcast Application....
    ...Did anyone else use the Podcast App that came with their BB7 phone or am I in the minority of Blackberry users who appreciated this?
    ...I came right out and asked WHY RIM opted to do this to people who bought their new phone - the answer, the phones couldn't hack it and it was too much trouble.
    hpjrt likes this.
    11-04-12 03:13 PM
    PlayBook has lots of podcast apps so BB10 will for sure!
    11-04-12 03:56 PM
    I used the native podcast app in Beta... But they broke it when it was released. It never worked correctly after that. I spent the money for Podtrapper and haven't looked back. Except that the BB app that came pre-installed is picking up various podcasts that I subscribe to and putting them in the playlist. I need to constantly go thru the app and delete from there.
    11-04-12 04:08 PM
    I used the native podcast app in Beta... But they broke it when it was released. It never worked correctly after that. I spent the money for Podtrapper and haven't looked back. Except that the BB app that came pre-installed is picking up various podcasts that I subscribe to and putting them in the playlist. I need to constantly go thru the app and delete from there.
    According to the RIM support tech I spent nearly 30 minutes with on the phone today....
    ...BB7 and the ability to subscribe to Podcasts is OVER - it's done.
    ...And anyone with a OS7 device that initially supported the Native Podcast App is now inop after the previous Podcast update.

The Update itself was the mechanism by which RIM released what little functionality the native app had.

If anyone knows how I can again subscribe to Podcasts without paying money for an App......
    ...Especially one the Blackberry App store has that's not even supported any longer.
    ...I would appreciate it.

With everything else a BB7 can't do why in the world did RIM opt to add their Native Podcast to that list?
    11-04-12 05:32 PM
    Lol, this thread motivated me to reinstall the BB podcast app on my 9850.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    11-04-12 05:33 PM
    Native podcast app sucked anyways. Better off paying for PodTrapper, it's a way better app..but alas you will have to shell out some cash for it. Most third party apps are much better anyways..
    Bye bye podcast app, no biggie!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Barljo likes this.
    11-04-12 05:41 PM
    Sorry, I don't buy it.

My 9780 and 8520 can manually subscribe to any rss feed I tell them to. The PlayBook has no issues either (and people on NA can browse the catalog).

Last beta zone test for podcasts simply removed the catalog. RIM may be dropping the catalog, but I find it silly to drop an app that is working fine.

OP, go to rroyy.com.com and download the latest podcasts app from there and see what happens.

Edit: So, out of the box, OS6/7 devices have an icon for podcasts, but that is just a lame player with bare minimum features. If you want it to work properly, you must download the app. I don't know why the OP can't download it from AppWorld, but going to rroyy.com will solve the issue.
    Last edited by diegonei; 11-04-12 at 09:58 PM.
    11-04-12 07:46 PM
    I really hope Versatile Monkey develops Podtrapper for BB10, I LOVE IT! It has been absolutely rock solid. (I think) they were one of many developers I sent e-mails off to asking if they are supporting BB10, this may be especially important if BlackBerry doesn't have a native app for podcasts. Pythons, Podtrapper works great, throw Versatile Monkey a few bucks and enjoy a great app.
    Barljo likes this.
    11-04-12 09:31 PM
    FWIW, the native podcast app on OS6 is fine with the exception of one feed. I think it is an XML interpretation issue.

http://kfi-am.clearchannel.com/cc-co...arkSecretPlace

What sucks on OS6 is the video codec could be better. None of the Al Jazeera videos work. you just get the audio. They do work on the Playbook.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    11-04-12 09:53 PM
    RIM dumped it's support for the Native App with BB7 - kind of odd they would do that prior to at least waiting for BB10...
    ...Just goes to show you at the end of the day what RIM thinks of it's customers outside of huge business.
    11-04-12 09:57 PM
    RIM dumped it's support for the Native App with BB7 - kind of odd they would do that prior to at least waiting for BB10...
    ...Just goes to show you at the end of the day what RIM thinks of it's customers outside of huge business.
    Fine man, spread whatever "news" you want and ignore posts with actual solutions. Anyone can claim they talked to an insider, but so far, fact is that we have a working podcasts app.

And that is true on OS5, 6, 7 and Tablet. Can't see it changing for BB10.
    11-04-12 10:02 PM
    The podcast app seems to still work for me on OS6. Why would they drop support for OS7 that is still regularly updated and on current devices, but still support an OS that is on old devices that has seen maybe 2 minor build updates all year.
    11-04-12 11:32 PM
    Fine man, spread whatever "news" you want and ignore posts with actual solutions. Anyone can claim they talked to an insider, but so far, fact is that we have a working podcasts app.

And that is true on OS5, 6, 7 and Tablet. Can't see it changing for BB10.
    I've got a Playbook and it has no issues with Podcasts....
    ...Is your Playbook running BB10? Mine isn't.

What is the solution for BB7?
    ...Other than an App that isn't supported any longer by the creator that costs 10 bucks?
    11-04-12 11:36 PM
    I am using the BlackBerry podcasts app on my Bold 9930. Seems to work. I subscribe to several podcasts.

Not sure what you mean.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-05-12 12:13 AM
    I use it on my 9900 & also used it on my 9700 no problems
    11-05-12 12:41 AM
    Alright, I've got a 9790 anf I know I have a podcast icon here somewhere which I've been meaning to use to get my Spanish back up to scratch. Will try it this morning and let you know...

And what's rroyy.com? Had a quick look just now on my phones browser and saw what I thought was lots of archive downloads from os 5/6/7.
    11-05-12 04:13 AM
    i just like the one on the iphone ,the RSS subscribtion is quite difficult to use
    11-05-12 04:20 AM
    Just did it. Went to the podcast app, chose "search", hovered the cursor over the link and chose "copy" from the menu, hit escape/back and that link was selected in the podcast app. I listened to it as a preview but when I tried to download the full podcast it said I had to turn off mass media storage or insert a card. As I have 4gb left out of 6gb of built in memory I won't be inserting a card just yet so I need to work that one out. But the podacst app seemed to work just fine otherwise....
    11-05-12 04:33 AM
    Yeah, because this dude is obviously just trolling... Look at how his posts are worded. So many bored people out there, haha
    11-05-12 06:36 AM
    I use the native podcast app on my 9900 on a daily basis and have no problems with it. It's not as good as the PodKicker app that I use on Android, especially in terms of finding feeds, but it gets the job done.
    11-05-12 07:23 AM
    I am using the BlackBerry podcasts app on my Bold 9930. Seems to work. I subscribe to several podcasts.

Not sure what you mean.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Run the update for the podcast App and see what happens....
    ...Post the results here in this thread.

You will get something that looks like this.

BB10 may not have the ability to subscribe to Podcasts?-photo.jpg

BTW, that's the Native Podcast App.

Oh, SicCorrado I'm afraid I'm not a troll...
    ...I would bet I've owned more RIM products than you have.
    ...I just call BS on things when I see them - I want tools not excuses.
    11-05-12 08:22 AM
    Haha, yeah, ok... First of all it appears you are in the browser. Second, you use what's app, so we know you're probably not up on things
    11-05-12 09:04 AM
    BB10 may not have the ability to subscribe to Podcasts?-ql_1211585955.jpgBB10 may not have the ability to subscribe to Podcasts?-ql_1211590128.jpg

You were saying?
    Last edited by SlcCorrado; 11-05-12 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Took a couple attempts, but here are pics of BB Podcast running
    11-05-12 09:14 AM
    Just did it. Went to the podcast app, chose "search", hovered the cursor over the link and chose "copy" from the menu, hit escape/back and that link was selected in the podcast app. I listened to it as a preview but when I tried to download the full podcast it said I had to turn off mass media storage or insert a card. As I have 4gb left out of 6gb of built in memory I won't be inserting a card just yet so I need to work that one out. But the podacst app seemed to work just fine otherwise....
    After you open your podcast app, go into options from your BB menu, there should be an option for storing on internal memory or SD card.

So anyway, my podcast app is working fine.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    11-05-12 10:12 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	QL_1211585955.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	17.1 KB 
ID:	124727Click image for larger version. 

Name:	QL_1211590128.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	124728

You were saying?
    Update your Podcast App then get right back to me LOL.
    11-05-12 12:25 PM
41 12