I do get a kick out of how critical simple aesthetics are to the mass market. It is kind of a shame that a smoking hot OS with brilliant innovations and design aren't likely to get as much of a chance if the device that houses it isn't exceedingly sexy. It is certainly the unfortunate rule of American society anyway; looks are apparently everything.

Written from BitPusher's BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    Why would you want an ugly phone? Or an ugly anything for that matter? And why can't a "smoking hot OS with brilliant innovations" be housed in a sexy form? It's not like the two are mutually exclusive.
    10-05-12 02:43 PM

... meanwhile Android and iOS provide hte user the same interface that has existed for 5 years now. it's not RIMM that is repeating their mistakes. It is Apple and Google not learning from RIMMs mistakes.
    I agree on the iOS front, but certainly not Android. 4.1 is nowhere near what Android was a few years ago. Huge changes and improvements (I still don't like it though but getting closer).
    10-05-12 03:20 PM
    RIMM gets accused of resting on it's laurels. meanwhile Android and iOS provide hte user the same interface that has existed for 5 years now. it's not RIMM that is repeating their mistakes. It is Apple and Google not learning from RIMMs mistakes.
    This is so lame, i don't even know where to start. Anyone who claims Android 1.5 and Android 4.1 offer the same interface needs to be sent for urgent mental evaluation.
    10-06-12 04:22 AM
    And steal design ideas from other manufacturers?

Would the "Same mistakes all over again" be the one where they created a keyboard that made the phone look like a berry, but is was the most functional keyboard ever and still is? That kind of mistake?
    Nope, i'm talking about the kind of mistakes that have put RIM in the position where they are in now. Whatever those are, i'll leave it to individual interpretation.

Tapatalk for BlackBerry�
    10-06-12 11:32 PM
    Is BB10 making the sme mistake all over again? What are you talking about? The real question is..... Are the trolls still making up stuff to complain about?
    I'm talking about the reasons why RIM is in the position it is in now.

I wish we can all save them on our own but reality is, you'll be needing to capture a new market to regain users and make BB10 a success. Unfortunately, that includes impressing the "trolls"...unless you think our business alone will keep RIM afloat. As BlackBerry advocates, we'll probably buy anything RIM gives us. But RIM needs to look for growth outside our circle.

Tapatalk for BlackBerry�
    Roo Zilla likes this.
    10-06-12 11:43 PM
    There are only so many ways you can design the exterior or a phone. However, I think Blackberry is doing fine in this regards. I love my 9860. Have you seen how slick it looks?
    As for hardware. Holy crap! It has the best hardware! I'm not kidding. Snapdragon S4 Pro quad krait. No phone has it yet! 2 GB ram? QNX system? These are some of the best in the world!
    Not sure what you're smoking but get your facts straight.
    The only reason BB has down downhill is due to lack of apps and advertising. Now that RIM has gotten back on track, we can only hope for the best.
    10-07-12 12:56 AM
    well we can only speculate and hope blackberry can reclaim the throne given to apple (which is shared with android)
    10-07-12 04:31 AM
    Is BB10 making the sme mistake all over again? What are you talking about? The real question is..... Are the trolls still making up stuff to complain about?
    No ability or facts to express so you call them a troll????

Weak,,very weak.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    10-07-12 05:16 AM
    I maybe off topic here... but I think RIM should seriously start thinking of marketing the phone in a big way so that it starts catching eyeballs... From what I have seen on the DevAlpha B... I want it now... that's how effective the videos were for me... I have come a long way using cell phones and have used the NOKIA's, Motorola's, Samsung, and now the BB's... so they better start showing off the Alpha Devices to the public... just two months to January and I can't stop twiddling my thumbs for the 10's.... I own the 9860 now and it is hard to type but the phone is a really good looking one.... I have another colleague going for them...

I still think the the QWERTY phones will look solid and very very top end as they always have... like the 9900...
    10-07-12 01:18 PM
    well we can only speculate and hope blackberry can reclaim the throne given to apple (which is shared with android)
    What has 10 shown you that would make you leave the android/apple ecosystem where you can get any app you want and come over to the bb side? Flow and multitasking are not going to cut it. Notsexy
    10-07-12 03:25 PM
    RIM's problem has never really been hardware. I understand that some will see the traditional Blackberry form factor as "old fashioned," but I think a better term is "classic." Essentially, it's the ThinkPad of mobile phones - conservative, stylish, and unpretentious. That's a good thing, and, camera aside, the 9900 was a really good update on that design.
    10-07-12 03:46 PM
    What has 10 shown you that would make you leave the android/apple ecosystem where you can get any app you want and come over to the bb side? Flow and multitasking are not going to cut it. Notsexy
    Those are exactly the reasons I am leaving Android. I may just be a software/tech geek, but i find those VERY sexy.
    10-07-12 03:46 PM
    BlackBerry has always been better on the inside than outside. If you want something pretty buy a cat. You want a quality phone that is secure buy BlackBerry.
    10-07-12 03:51 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD