Has anyone actually managed to sync iTunes library on BB10? Link fails every single time I try it, I've resorted to attempting to mount the SD card and move the files manually, but the Z10 gives me an error doing that as well somewhere along the way. It also fails every time I attempt to format the card. I really just can't seem to get much done on this phone that's anything other than daily simple tasks. I hate to say it, but I'm pretty far into "I should just move on" I like the OS a lot, I'm really really trying to not give it up, but I can't do something as simple as a sync and enjoy media on my drive in my car (i've voiced in detail my issues with bluetooth and bb10 already)

Is there some trick that anyone has gotten to get it to sync with iTunes? Every other OS handles this fine.
    11-29-13 07:56 PM
    My, my wife's Z10's, have synced with iTunes perfectly from day one of use. In fact, we both purchased Z10's because of our large iTunes library which contains approximately 400 full albums of music. We started by buying and installing 64 gig SDXC cards manufactured by SanDisk. Those cards must then be formatted by the Z10 to operate to their full potential. You must tell the phone to do this task as it is not automatic. It takes only a very short amount of time.

After that, the phone should be ready to receive your iTunes library through Link, but you must have first set up Link to find your iTunes library on your base computer when syncing music files. When you are setting up the Link software on your base computer you should be able to tell Link to sync music files from your iTunes library. Then you must import that library to Link. You have to tell Link to grab all of the iTunes library into Link's memory. Once done, and it might take some time (in my case a lot of time) Link will show some of your album covers in a music files field. Then attach your Z10 to Link and tell it to sync to your newly imported iTunes library. Again, depending on the size of your iTunes library, the sync could take some time. Sit back, relax and let Link to its thing. It will eventually transfer all of the iTunes library, including album art, to the Z10. Again, it should work perfectly if you properly imported your iTunes library into Link before you try and sync with your Z10.

Enjoy!
    katiepea likes this.
    11-29-13 08:18 PM
    I have been syncing with iTunes, and it has worked fine. I just updated to BlackBerry Link 1.2.1, I'll be trying to sync iTunes next week.

Posted via CB10
    katiepea likes this.
    11-29-13 09:20 PM
    In the beginning iTunes synched fine with Link however somewhere down the line it stopped. Link has been giving an error saying unable to sync. I have the latest software for both iTunes and Link. I've just given up and just add my music manually through my computer onto my memory card.

Posted via CB10
    katiepea likes this.
    11-29-13 09:27 PM
    My, my wife's Z10's, have synced with iTunes perfectly from day one of use. In fact, we both purchased Z10's because of our large iTunes library which contains approximately 400 full albums of music. We started by buying and installing 64 gig SDXC cards manufactured by SanDisk. Those cards must then be formatted by the Z10 to operate to their full potential. You must tell the phone to do this task as it is not automatic. It takes only a very short amount of time.

After that, the phone should be ready to receive your iTunes library through Link, but you must have first set up Link to find your iTunes library on your base computer when syncing music files. When you are setting up the Link software on your base computer you should be able to tell Link to sync music files from your iTunes library. Then you must import that library to Link. You have to tell Link to grab all of the iTunes library into Link's memory. Once done, and it might take some time (in my case a lot of time) Link will show some of your album covers in a music files field. Then attach your Z10 to Link and tell it to sync to your newly imported iTunes library. Again, depending on the size of your iTunes library, the sync could take some time. Sit back, relax and let Link to its thing. It will eventually transfer all of the iTunes library, including album art, to the Z10. Again, it should work perfectly if you properly imported your iTunes library into Link before you try and sync with your Z10.

Enjoy!
    i'm using a 64 gb sandisk, bb10 won't format the card, it errors every time. formatted card in computer, then put it in phone. link won't sync my 55gb library. it has failed over a dozen times now, it never even starts, just says "starting sync for 20 minutes then fails" so it's failing on multiple fronts for me, the phone won't format the card, link won't sync my data, i'll just manually drag files until it works i guess. thank you.
    11-29-13 09:36 PM
    I feel your pain!
    For awhile (which felt ages for a music jut like mylsef) my link was not syncing with iTunes.

I updated both link, my windows os, and my z10 to 10.2.1 and now everything is seamless. Every time I add a song to a play list that I have synced, it syncs lovely over wifi.

By updated, I uninstalled both link and also iTunes and then reloaded the newest versions.

I really hope this works for you.
    I truly feel your pain.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 10:47 PM
    i'm using a 64 gb sandisk, bb10 won't format the card, it errors every time. formatted card in computer, then put it in phone. link won't sync my 55gb library. it has failed over a dozen times now, it never even starts, just says "starting sync for 20 minutes then fails" so it's failing on multiple fronts for me, the phone won't format the card, link won't sync my data, i'll just manually drag files until it works i guess. thank you.
    Sounds like you've got a problem with the SD card. Can you try a different card, say a 32gb or smaller that you know is good? Be sure to format in the phone prior to doing sync.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 01:59 AM
    Oh, also I had trouble if I had the SD card encryption turned on in the phone. Once I deactivated that, lots of SD related things started working better. That was on a much earlier os, so it may be OK now.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 02:00 AM
    I would try returning the chip to factory formatting with you computer and then drop it into your phone. Then tell the phone to format the card. It should yeild about 59 gig of formatted memory for use by the phone. My phone measures 59.3 gig of formatted space. Assuming your iTunes library has been imported into Link, it should then sync with the phone. I am running the latest edition of Link and 10.2.1.1055 and all works very well.
    11-30-13 10:32 AM