Ya that is an annoyance when you have to re-do the whole word. I thought an older version of Swiftkey did that, but perhaps it was on one of the other keyboards I used for a while. Either way..looking forward to trying it out!
    I *think* Swype does that.
    01-25-13 08:23 AM
    Bottom line is that swiftkey is the BASE. RIM could have stuck with the BASE but they didn't. Instead it was improved to the bb10 keyboard.
    01-25-13 10:53 AM
    I didn't pay that much attention to that, sorry.
    Thanks for that, looks pretty cool, I bet you were too busy having your face melted off by the other stuff at the Elite event to pay too much attention to any one thing!
    The space inference thing looks like it suffers from being over the space key. Even though SwiftKey is good, it often gets words mixed up when I type 3 or 4 in a row.
    Having predictions above the keyboard means I get 3 options.
    Looks like BB10s keyboard will offer just one over the space bar, at least at launch, they may tweak it later.
    Since its powered by Swiftkey, this will probably mean slower entries, one word at a time.
    Ah well, at least RIM's offering its customers a choice, a fairly high end virtual keyboard or the best of the best physical keyboards.
    01-26-13 04:02 AM
    Thanks for that, looks pretty cool, I bet you were too busy having your face melted off by the other stuff at the Elite event to pay too much attention to any one thing!
    The space inference thing looks like it suffers from being over the space key. Even though SwiftKey is good, it often gets words mixed up when I type 3 or 4 in a row.
    Having predictions above the keyboard means I get 3 options.
    Looks like BB10s keyboard will offer just one over the space bar, at least at launch, they may tweak it later.
    Since its powered by Swiftkey, this will probably mean slower entries, one word at a time.
    Ah well, at least RIM's offering its customers a choice, a fairly high end virtual keyboard or the best of the best physical keyboards.
    What I got from it is it fixes the two words written into one next time you press the space bar so you never get to write 3-4 words into one by mistake, the separated words on the space bar are just for reference really. As the guy said it means it never interrupts your flow when writing. So you never really sellect a correction, it's automatic when you press space.

With all the contextual prediction I doubt it will ever get it wrong.
    01-26-13 04:29 AM
    How I see it:

You write "hello" forget to press space and you write "world". You will see "helloworld" on the screen. When you press space to start the next word it will insert a space as well as another space between "hello" and "world" so you basically don't stop to correct anything or to select a correction, it's all done automatically, sort of like the existing double space click to enter a dot and a space. So your writing keeps flowing.
    01-26-13 04:34 AM
    Oh, what I suggested to them and they're looking into it is to insert a ? When you double click the space bar if it recognizes a sentence as being a question.
    Flexin likes this.
    01-26-13 04:37 AM
31 12