Please don't meddle in the UI, new features are okay, but everything else should just stay.
    I recently had a business meeting and tried to check dates in 2014 and 2015, so, open the calendar and swipe down to see the overview...no reaction?Huh?
    Very embarrassing... after the meeting I found out that you just have to swipe to the left now.

Calendar app, Camera app, ...dear BlackBerry team, I will always welcome complete new features, but please don't meddle in the existing features.

Posted via CB10
    ssbtech likes this.
    05-05-15 05:39 AM
    If there's one thing they need to update, it's that they need to bring that grey boxes back. Seriously, that thing has a purpose: it makes sure you can read the text below the icon. I hate the fact that it's gone

EDIT:
    Also, bring back either the squircle or the blue circle, or even better: a blue-black squircle. I liked the fact that the circle was blue, it helped to provide something cheerful in the black-grey-white world.

Z10 STL100-1/10.3.1.2576
    I didn't really like the boxes but I agree losing them has made it tougher to see them. I switched to a darker wallpaper and that helped a lot.

BB10 Interface needs an update!-img_20150505_085724.png

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 07:57 AM
    I think it was cleaned up nicely with 10.3.1, but definitely in terms of usability I think it's time for an update.

Swiping between apps like on the PlayBook, swiping away apps like the PlayBook all things I miss.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 11:15 AM
    Same here. That's part of what I'm saying. Aesthetics is part of marketing

Posted via CB10
    They need to hurry up and let us select our own background images for BBM and SMS while they're at it! How long have people been begging for this..

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 11:35 AM
    I think it was cleaned up nicely with 10.3.1, but definitely in terms of usability I think it's time for an update.

Swiping between apps like on the PlayBook, swiping away apps like the PlayBook all things I miss.

Posted via CB10
    ^agreed. The PlayBook app switcher, especially with its powerful multitasking (such as videos still playing when minimized, camera still recording) was such an impressive, aesthetically pleasing, and convenient feature.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 11:38 AM
    I think they need to concentrate on selling some devices first. Then they can make them pretty.

Be classically hip with the BlackBerry Classic
    ?? Part of the draw to a platform is its aesthetics (among many other things).

Rarely do people buy something based purely on functionality. Ignoring aesthetics is suicide for a product.

Not to say BB10 isn't great looking--just saying that design and user experience are ALWAYS important and should never be just some afterthought that is only tackled once absolutely everything else is perfect. It is something that should be consistently improved.

I definitely like the updates in 10.3.1. Especially the white keyboard option (I'm one of the tiny minority that happen to absolutely loathe the insanely-popular-amongst-CB-users "dark theme". I can see perfectly, I don't need something so ultra-high contrast, and barren).

I would love to see some tasteful use of transparency as well. When done appropriately, transparency can make a UI look extremely modern and futuristic.

Via CB Android on BB10 (jst 4 kiks)
    Last edited by mnc76; 05-05-15 at 12:30 PM.
    spikesolie likes this.
    05-05-15 12:15 PM
    And app-pinning...

I miss the old days when the most-recent apps sorted first. I used to think I wanted app-pinning so the Active Frames wouldn't move, but in practice I don't use them like the icons in a Windows 7 Task Bar, I think of them as Recent Apps... especially since there's no "Back" in BB10 to go back an app like in Android.

So even though the Frames reshuffled as I opened and switched between apps, it all made a kind of consistent sense. The apps I was using most often were also the most convenient to return to.

On the other hand...

On Home screens, I'd like my icons to stay where they're dropped (like Android), rather than reflow into the upper-left (like iOS). It makes it easier for "muscle memory" to remember where an app is.
    05-05-15 12:43 PM
    And app-pinning...

I miss the old days when the most-recent apps sorted first. I used to think I wanted app-pinning so the Active Frames wouldn't move, but in practice I don't use them like the icons in a Windows 7 Task Bar, I think of them as Recent Apps... especially since there's no "Back" in BB10 to go back an app like in Android.

So even though the Frames reshuffled as I opened and switched between apps, it all made a kind of consistent sense. The apps I was using most often were also the most convenient to return to.

On the other hand...

On Home screens, I'd like my icons to stay where they're dropped (like Android), rather than reflow into the upper-left (like iOS). It makes it easier for "muscle memory" to remember where an app is.
    FYI: I only realized this recently, but the bottom 4 active frames still work like they did before on 10.2.1 -- they change position based on the last one used (don't stay pinned).

katesbb likes this.
    05-05-15 01:57 PM
    FYI: I only realized this recently, but the bottom 4 active frames still work like they did before on 10.2.1 -- they change position based on the last one used (don't stay pinned).
    Thanks for this tip, I didn't realize that! Interesting. Almost like before, as long as I keep four+ apps open and stay on the second Active Frames screen

It's helpful for me, but I'd hate to have to explain the Frame sorting logic to anyone new. I guess each screen has it's own rules!
    05-06-15 12:17 PM
    And app-pinning...

On the other hand...

This is true, all true.

The old days makes it easy to switch back and forth between apps that you're currently using the most. I guess you can simply pin apps, but I find that to be not so useful, but maybe it's because I'm on Z10 and not Passport

Z10 STL100-1/10.3.1.2576
    05-06-15 08:20 PM

It's helpful for me, but I'd hate to have to explain the Frame sorting logic to anyone new. I guess each screen has it's own rules!
    I agree, it's a bit odd. What's even odder is that it only works if all 4 bottom active frames are on. If you have 3 bottom frames (e.g.: 7 total frames), it keeps them in position between switches. With 8 total frames, then all of a sudden, the bottom 4 act like pre-10.3... crazy

05-07-15 09:36 AM
    Couldn't have said it better. Look at this and tell me this isn't boring
    I mean even seriously

Attachment 345973

Posted via CB10
    Agreed! Compare the BB10 text messaging app (or even BBM) to Whatsapp (notice the *free* custom background).

BB10 Interface needs an update!-picsart_1431009952971.jpg

Last edited by mnc76; 05-07-15 at 10:18 AM.
    05-07-15 09:48 AM
112 ... 345