I think bb10 interface needs bit of a redesign. To me after 3 years it's getting bland. I don't consider "removing ghastly grey boxes" a redesign.

They should give it to a world class designer and let him go nuts (not too much) ...

Also they need to utilize the reverse hub gesture. Currently there's nothing there

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 12:28 PM
    There are certain things I miss from Playbook OS that should have come over to BB10, otherwise I don't think the resources are there

"Correct me grammar fascists! I'm ready!"
    BoldPreza likes this.
    04-04-15 12:43 PM
    I've never really liked the UI. I was disappointed when it came out. For me i prefer the Windows UI.

BB Proud
    04-04-15 12:57 PM
    I like the interface. It's better for them to concentrate on removing the bugs, prior to any cosmetic undertaking.
    04-04-15 01:03 PM
    I think bb10 interface needs bit of a redesign. To me after 3 years it's getting bland. I don't consider "removing ghastly grey boxes" a redesign.

They should give it to a world class designer and let him go nuts (not too much) ...

Also they need to utilize the reverse hub gesture. Currently there's nothing there

Posted via CB10
    Bb10 os is 2 years old, not 3.

And yes, I want a redesign too. But unfortunately, that would introduce new bugs and costs for support. It'd be a mess. And they'd be right back where they were 2 years ago.

But yes, if possible, I'd also like a redesign

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 01:17 PM
    I don't think BlackBerry 10 needs a redesign yet. BlackBerry has made a great job with its new OS and 2 years afters its birth is a completely different OS that it was.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 03:56 PM
    How hard can it be to throw some basic geometric shapes around the screen, and quantize/bin color ranges down to about 6 pastel colors (bye bye alpha transparency).

Boom, redesign... a la Android.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 04:04 PM
    Well, assuming they haven't completely gutted all of the talent at TAT they should definitely give them some time to work on it and improve it.

Have you seen the Nokia N9s UI?

Just copy it, straight up. Add the hub. We're rocking.

It's already more than halfway there already.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 04:06 PM
    I think they need to concentrate on selling some devices first. Then they can make them pretty.

Be classically hip with the BlackBerry Classic
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-04-15 04:07 PM
    Rumors are that 10.4 will have a lot more TAT influence. I guess they finally decided after 4 years to put them to use. I remember they had so many cool proof of concept demos, all the way back with the PlayBook, but they never really fully utilized that acquisition IMHO.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    04-04-15 04:17 PM
    Wasn't it rumored that Gary Klassen going to Sweden with TAT was supposed to be about some UI innovations? Of course, with the massive cuts and such, who is to say any of that work wasn't also scrapped. It seems like lately many things are going toward the way Android and iOS do things. More of a me too rather than something unique.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 04:22 PM
    You need to be more specific: aesthetics or flow?

To me, both are good, flow being industry standard.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 04:31 PM
    Redesign it? You must be kidding, the fragmentation would be awful, it's not easy for devs to keep changing their Apps to work on a new UI design, getting 10.3 and 10.2.1 to work on the same App is enough of a pain.

Then there's the learning curve, changing it all the time would be so annoying, people get used to how something looks and works, you learn to hit a button there, look on that part of the screen for something without even thinking about it.
    04-04-15 04:44 PM
    How hard can it be to throw some basic geometric shapes around the screen, and quantize/bin color ranges down to about 6 pastel colors (bye bye alpha transparency).

Boom, redesign... a la Android.

Posted via CB10
    This. Some basic aesthetic redesign. I mean the virtual keyboard is living proof. Imagine you could choose red on black as the accent for the keyboard or choose other colors...

Look at the lock screen of the LG G3 and it's home screen... then look at both on bb10... levels

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by spikesolie; 04-04-15 at 07:12 PM.
    pttptppt likes this.
    04-04-15 06:51 PM
    Rumors are that 10.4 will have a lot more TAT influence. I guess they finally decided after 4 years to put them to use. I remember they had so many cool proof of concept demos, all the way back with the PlayBook, but they never really fully utilized that acquisition IMHO.
    IIRC, the core TAT team left/ was let go quite a while ago (during Heinz time itself).

But yeah, more of TAT's work on BB10 UI, UX can never hurt!

 Q5 / Z30
    04-04-15 07:05 PM
    People aren't satisfied.

I look at iProducts and aside from a few colours here or tweeks to icons....nothing has really changed since they came out.

I'm more concerned about marketing plans (or lack thereof) before a redesign of the OS.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    04-04-15 07:19 PM
    I think what OP is trying to say is that the UI isn't bling bling enough for him. Yes BB10 design does look dull like their icons and graphics seems like something from 4 years ago. He's looking for bright coloured tiles like Windows OS or Android completely 1 dimension icons and Apple opaque backgrounds. Maybe 10.4.0 will change all that.

In terms of the structure of the OS, hands down BlackBerry wins because of their efficient gestures and easy navigation. They can improve with new added features here and there to make it better but I can't see them change the entire OS for a prettier UI.
    04-05-15 04:24 AM
    Please, please, please leave it as it is. The last update nicely re-did the appearance of the icons and handily reduced the size of each individual icon. I now have my folders on a page and a half; the icons are straightforward and informative. I look at my wife's iPhone 6 Plus and shudder. The BB phones are devices for helping users organise themselves and their daily lives. The UI fulfils this purpose admirably. I do not want something that looks like a child's (or teenager's) comic. The system works. The latest update has, for me, gone smoothly and keeps my Z30 completely relevant.

Sent from my Z30
    Mr Mozi and gvs1341 like this.
    04-05-15 04:50 AM
    A few improvements that I would like to see:

swiping between open apps, I still miss that feature from good old Playbook times.
    flicking frames up to close apps, like on iOS, I think this is a cool & fun feature.
    I also think the calendar needs a major redesign, the current one is confusing and over complicated.
    Mr Mozi, herol, unical and 2 others like this.
    04-05-15 05:43 AM
    Redesign it?? No way! It's awesome now! It just needs to stop getting like android and bring more features
    04-05-15 07:32 AM
    Yes BB10 design does look dull like their icons and graphics seems like something from 4 years ago.
    Well they are still using a GPU from three years ago across the majority of their devices, even one released a few months ago and another getting ready to release, so they do have hardware limitations on what they can pull off compared to any of the competition. Even the ones not using powerhouse processor will have improved GPU technology in them compared to most BlackBerry offerings. That said I get the feeling that Chen will keep things "vintage", because just like the Classic, that it was he thinks the customers want. I don't think most people here truly grasp how much the recent hardware choices are going to prevent BlackBerry from doing some things the competition will be unless they start fragmenting the OS experience between high end and low end devices.

Posted via CB10
    spikesolie likes this.
    04-05-15 07:52 AM
    This. Some basic aesthetic redesign. I mean the virtual keyboard is living proof. Imagine you could choose red on black as the accent for the keyboard or choose other colors...

Look at the lock screen of the LG G3 and it's home screen... then look at both on bb10... levels

Posted via CB10
    Customizations would be nice per my teen who just acquired the LG G3. As for the OS, I like it quite a bit.

Posted via Classic
    04-05-15 08:14 AM
    I think customization will come eventually.

Z30something
    04-05-15 09:54 AM
    I'd like the option of more color schemes other than light or dark. Red, green, blue, purple, orange.... depending on the color of case I put on it.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 10:47 AM
    I'd like the option of more color schemes other than light or dark. Red, green, blue, purple, orange.... depending on the color of case I put on it.

Posted via CB10
    Yes! I want more color schemes!!!

I also want:
    *an updated look to the quick settings as they look very dull.
    *BlackBerry Assistant needs huge performance improvements and visual
    *Also custom fonts
    *Dark Hub
    *Custom/Third-party keyboards (like swiftkey) or have BlackBerry make their own skiftkey-like optional keyboard

Posted via CB10
    theonecid likes this.
    04-05-15 11:49 AM
112 123 ...