View Poll Results: BB10: How do you want incoming calls to be?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes; I'd love to answer the calls as the way it is now

15 93.75%
  • No; I believe the same old "green & red" buttons is much better

0 0%
  • Other; please specify below

1 6.25%

If you take a look at the very first video of BB10 when it was first leaked, you will notice the way of the incoming calls has been implemented at 0:16 of the above video. Is this how the way it is even in the Dev Alpha? Because whether you agree with me or not, I'm starting to LOVE that! I seriously hate what the iPhone currently does which is slide the bar to the right to open up the screen and when you wanna answer to the call it's the usual "Ignore" and "Answer" like most of the devices out there. So what do you guys think about this? Are you with me on this?

Also, we seriously need a new way of unlocking the screen rather than pressing the top button like the current BB's do.
    09-17-12 03:40 PM
    I'm with you on answering calls, but I kinda like the physical button for locking/unlocking.
    09-17-12 03:49 PM
    Your poll answers are exactly the same. The old green and red buttons IS the way it is now.

Personally I do not really care as to the method for answering and ending calls as long as it is intuitive from the start. As to unlocking the device, keep the physical button.
    09-17-12 06:57 PM
    I'm with you on answering calls, but I kinda like the physical button for locking/unlocking.
    Totally agree. One of the reasons I went back to BB from iOS is because you HAVE to swipe to unlock on the iPhone, even if you don't have a password and you press the "lock" button to u lock the phone. I like how with BB, the "lock" button completely u locks the phone without a need to swipe as well.
    09-17-12 10:31 PM
    Your poll answers are exactly the same. The old green and red buttons IS the way it is now.
    I think the OP meant "exactly the same" in how BB10 is set up in the video in his post.

Personally I do not really care as to the method for answering and ending calls as long as it is intuitive from the start. As to unlocking the device, keep the physical button.
    I like the physical lock/unlock button too.
    Last edited by berryaddictnoza; 09-17-12 at 10:52 PM.
    09-17-12 10:50 PM
    I seriously hate what the iPhone currently does which is slide the bar to the right to open up the screen and when you wanna answer to the call it's the usual "Ignore" and "Answer" like most of the devices out there.
    That's not how it works. If the phone is locked, sliding will answer the call (double clicking the sleep button will reject the call). If the phone is unlocked (like while you're browsing or have an app open), then it shows you the "answer" or "decline" screen. It's either or, not both.
    09-17-12 11:14 PM
    I almost never use the top physical button on my 9900. I use the "k" shortcut to lock, then any key or screen touch brings up the password entry screen, then enter my "super fast/stealthy" pw.

As far as answering, I'm almost always on my BT so I answer or ignore by voice command.
    09-17-12 11:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD