I'm due an upgrade in a few months and have been considering my options. I'm 99.9% sure I will be waiting for the new BB10 I just hope its worth the wait.

After the sneak peaks of the OS will be like I'm just wondering if anybody has any thoughts as to when we will start to see hardware designs leaked or official that will keep me dreaming and feeling its worth holding out for.
    RIM we need you, don't make me buy android or apple

What is the normal time frame for these things?
    Will RIM keep it quite until the last minute?

Post your thoughts or wishful thing below.

Loving my PB2.0 bored of my 9300
    07-18-12 10:30 AM
    We are still about 6 months out from release , but I would hope we would start seeing some hardware leaks shortly and then again we may not know until they announce, ala Apple.
    07-18-12 10:40 AM
    I too am (nearly) due for an upgrade (Bold 9860/OS 6). I believe them when they say that release is Jan./13. And it has been confirmed that an all touch AND full qwerty will be available simultaneously. As far as marketing? Dunno. As was mentionned in an interview Thor said there will be a lot of "noise" in late fall this year (ala iPhone 5, WP 8 and Android OS 5 releases). I believe they'll wait until that hype has blown by to start agressively marketing it/them. There seems to be more and more interviews with RIM's new CMO Frank Boulben, he's being a little coy and hush hush but maybe he'll start spilling some beans as release nears.
    07-18-12 10:51 AM
    If the Dev Alpha device is any indication, we should see a bigger than 4 inch device, much in the same vein as an Android phone, and with a HD display for sure...

BlackBerry 10 Alpha Dev device specs and features | CrackBerry.com

Pretty much the benchmark to work towards for BB10, isn't it? If you live and breathe BB , this will be a dream device, suffice to say.
    07-18-12 11:07 AM
    The dev alpha is a TI dual core 1.5 ghz with 1gb RAM same resolution as the playbook. Its a pretty powerful device and from small leaks from N4BB some get the impression that the BB10devices will have a qualcomm snapdragon S4 chipset similar to what is in the US spec Galaxy S III. I would hope they release the pro version which is a quad core
    07-18-12 02:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD