As good as BB10 there are things about it that I agree are unpolished. 10.2.x solved many problems, but there are still some minor bug problems that reminds me that BB10 needs more polish.

One example is when selecting a group of words, the floating quick selection bar that has the copy, paste, etc buttons don't always move out of the way. It sometimes blocks the screen where my thumb is trying to go.

I also feel that when I use the blue cursor word selection tool with the round hanging handle, it feels elastic. When I move the cursor around, the cursor bar lengthens and shrinks as I move my thumb. Blackberry might have done that intentionally, but it makes selecting text less precise for me because it's hard to guess were the cursor will be when the bar keeps expanding and shrinking.

Overall BB10 is good, but I do think it needs some more polish.
    Doggerz likes this.
    05-14-14 01:35 AM
    Today I have a 4 hour appointment. As such it shows up as a little vertical line for today's date which is great. But if the day is selected the entire box is one bright blue colour. All I see is one bright blue box and I have to select another day just to see the appointment lines which makes what's supposed to be a quick glance into a multi step process.

Sometimes it works where the lines appear as an an inverted colour but mostly it's just a bright blue box

Posted via CB10
    I have my calendar in agenda view and have no problems seeing what my day holds. I also like the fact that I can view my appointments in the Hub. I have zero complaints with the calendar app.

Sent from my Q10 or Z10.
    05-14-14 07:37 AM
    Lol you got a leak in the early development stage.. it wasn't meant to impress you. Smh people and attitude

Posted with zee flicking coolest smartphone evah
    The 10.2.1 leaks had all the main features too. that didn't impress me much either. And guess what? The official wasn't a ton different from the leaks
    05-14-14 12:29 PM
    The 10.2.1 leaks had all the main features too. that didn't impress me much either. And guess what? The official wasn't a ton different from the leaks
    Your problem then

05-15-14 12:00 AM
    Yeah I figured it out but thanks for the tip. The point is less about if I can change it and more about that I shouldn't have to OOB just to see the appointments properly.

Posted via CB10
    Not sure if this would work better for you but if you are just concerned with today for a quick glance set up your calendar to default to agenda view from the general settings. You can also try schedule if you like that better.
    Then every time you open calendar it will be the day and your agenda / schedule.

Posted from my awesome Q10
    05-15-14 12:23 AM
    As good as BB10 there are things about it that I agree are unpolished. 10.2.x solved many problems, but there are still some minor bug problems that reminds me that BB10 needs more polish.

One example is when selecting a group of words, the floating quick selection bar that has the copy, paste, etc buttons don't always move out of the way. It sometimes blocks the screen where my thumb is trying to go.

I also feel that when I use the blue cursor word selection tool with the round hanging handle, it feels elastic. When I move the cursor around, the cursor bar lengthens and shrinks as I move my thumb. Blackberry might have done that intentionally, but it makes selecting text less precise for me because it's hard to guess were the cursor will be when the bar keeps expanding and shrinking.

Overall BB10 is good, but I do think it needs some more polish.
    drag the bubble all the way down with your finger (like your are selecting more text than is needed) to elongate the bar and move it horizontally/verically to make your selection. the text selection is done at the tip of that elongated bar. it seems (to me) that they did it this way so your finger does not get in the way and you can actually see what you are selecting.

tap and hold to select the word. keep holding to select the sentence. keep holding to select the paragraph. keep holding to select everything. if it's in your way, tap elsewhere to remove.
    05-15-14 01:54 AM
    what OS are you on? on my z30 I have a blue colored calendar too and it looks nothing like what you posted up. it's much darker and I can see the bars/lines fine.
    05-15-14 01:57 AM
    Before anyone gets their knickers in a twist over that comment, don't see it as an insult to bb10. I mean it in that bb10 has huge potential that it simply is not fulfilling yet.
    I think if bb10 can last the next few years and keep up with and adapt to new technology (wearables looks like the new focus) then it can be a real player as it matures and devs get used to it

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    It's normal. iOS 7 has a ton of features that the first iOS didn't. The current Android is infinitely faster than the first and has features. Windows Phone 8 is much better than 7 etc. Yet all of them have things I still don't like.

I'm glad to see BlackBerry moving along. The pace is faster and better than in past days (cough - PlayBook, Storm), i've enjoyed each update, there is still more to do.

The trick is holding on while they naturally mature the platform.
    05-15-14 02:10 AM
    what OS are you on? on my z30 I have a blue colored calendar too and it looks nothing like what you posted up. it's much darker and I can see the bars/lines fine.
    OP's situation was resolved, but to answer your question, if you check his screenshot about halfway down page 1 of the thread, you'll see that what you have to do is click on the day in month view, it will open the day, then go back to month view. The day you selected is in bright blue (today's date will remain in shaded blue).

The first time I checked this (once I understood that OP was talking about month view), I tested it on a day that happened to have an all-day event as well as other events during the day. The all-day event causes a dark grey vertical bar that the during-the-day events contrast against. But when there is no all-day event, the default blue calendar colour is virtually indistinguishable from the highlighted colour.

On the general topic of the OS being unpolished, after I bought my Q10 in June 2013, I started a list in a Remember note of problems/issues/bugs I identified, to keep track of them. I then started translating these notes (it got so long I had to start another) into a spreadsheet to write them out more clearly for others to understand, and gave up at around 100 entries, which I accumulated in a month or two (and I don't even use BBM, Facebook or integrated email!!!!).

With various OS updates, some of these issues have been resolved (especially many of the Twitter issues I had). But many still remain, and I've finally started picking a few of them off in some of my recent posts today, in the hopes that describing them in detail will help these issues be identified and resolved.

- RG>
    delroyj likes this.
    05-15-14 02:19 AM
    BB10 is just over one year old. Has come a long way in that time. Is now more feature rich the IOS and that's a fact.. Future proof!

C0007CCC8 PING BlackBerry info Channel
    05-15-14 08:34 AM
    It is. Full stop.
    Great, 'cept you got to wait at least until the end of the year to get this re-polished OS, unless of course you risk loading up a leak! Sheesh!

Careful! Z10 in action!
    05-15-14 08:39 AM
    Great, 'cept you got to wait at least until the end of the year to get this re-polished OS, unless of course you risk loading up a leak! Sheesh!

Careful! Z10 in action!
    Okay? Other manufacturers some only release =1 os update a year anyway m

05-15-14 10:29 AM
    Your problem then

Lol good conversation.
    Doggerz likes this.
    05-15-14 05:34 PM
    The HUB needs some major love :imo:

Sent from my Z10-Warbird
    05-16-14 01:52 AM
    The HUB needs some major love :imo:

Sent from my Z10-Warbird
    What's wrong with the hub??

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    spikesolie likes this.
    05-16-14 04:14 PM
    What's wrong with the hub??

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    People's undying unsatiafaction

05-16-14 05:33 PM
    "BB10 will be fully polished when OS7.1 can no longer do things that 10 can't. When no other OS has basic options like call blocking that 10 can't match. Then it's fully polished. "

So true! BB 10 will be finally polished when it can do everything that BlackBerry OS7.1 did and better that OS7.1 couldn't ever do as well iron out any bugs still left.

? Posted via CB10 on my ? Z30
    05-16-14 08:22 PM
    People's undying unsatiafaction

It's (Z10) as great as the fanbois make out? :meh: nothing ever is...

Pluses and minuses are equal in my humble opinion...

Sent from my Z10-Warbird
    05-17-14 06:22 AM
43 12