At some point, you're going to have to come to terms with the fact that Android is not BB10, and Android was built with a different UI that isn't going to be replaced with BB10's. You can customize things to make it a little closer to BB10 if you insist, but it's never going to be BB10.
    03-12-17 02:33 PM
    Yep that's what most BlackBerry android users will use, but it's not really the gesture that we want, it's the flow. Basically, with those shortcuts you can't actually peak into the hub and immediately return to your app without the need to lift a finger.
    It's definitely the best you could get from a launcher though.
    ^ This is what it was trying to say. The Launcher app approach, while useful, is not the same as having the OS support a given work flow directly across all applications. There is more to work flow than switching / opening apps.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    03-12-17 02:35 PM
    At some point, you're going to have to come to terms with...
    CrackBerry.txt
    tar0n likes this.
    03-12-17 02:54 PM
    At some point, you're going to have to come to terms with the fact that Android is not BB10, and Android was built with a different UI that isn't going to be replaced with BB10's. You can customize things to make it a little closer to BB10 if you insist, but it's never going to be BB10.
    I'm pretty sure it's possible to make it exactly like BBOS10. As in: indistinguishable.

The only reason it's not, is because that costs development time and money.
    03-07-18 03:56 AM
    I'm pretty sure it's possible to make it exactly like BBOS10. As in: indistinguishable.

The only reason it's not, is because that costs development time and money.
    No, it isn't - at least, not if BB wants to maintain Google certification and have access to the Play Store, which I assure you are high priorities for their 3 licensees.

Google controls Android and sets a number of specs and limits on how Android performs. They're even limiting things like gestures - probably because they're planning to incorporate more gestures into the base OS and don't want third-party changes to conflict. But those limits, and the very architecture of Android vs. BB10, would prevent them from being clones of each other.
    03-08-18 11:54 AM
    No, it isn't - at least, not if BB wants to maintain Google certification and have access to the Play Store, which I assure you are high priorities for their 3 licensees.

Google controls Android and sets a number of specs and limits on how Android performs. They're even limiting things like gestures - probably because they're planning to incorporate more gestures into the base OS and don't want third-party changes to conflict. But those limits, and the very architecture of Android vs. BB10, would prevent them from being clones of each other.
    Ah yes, that's true. Legally they probably can't.

Which makes the choice for Android all the sadder. I've been using it for about a week now and Android is just plain horrible compared to BBOS10. Hate it.
    03-08-18 12:28 PM

Most of what you assume, is absolutely incorrect. The only limits to android is the developers imagination. Google sets SUGGESTED specs, but there's nothing stating that "X, Y, and Z can't be done". Android had gestures in mind, from the beginning. Because OEM's haven't implemented it, is the OEM's choice. Gesture implementation has always been native on my device, in some form or fashion, and apps that offer User Programmable gestures have been available for quite some time.
    Attached Thumbnails Bb10 gestures on android-97788.jpg  
    03-10-18 04:01 PM
    You can set swipe shortcuts that you can access from anywhere. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...03cb9072d4.jpg
    I have mine set to go up and right to the hub, up and left to BBM and straight up for Google search.
    is this a built-in Android option or you installed an app?
    *totally new to android from bb10 and trying to make my transition easier

thanks!
    05-24-18 01:34 PM
    is this a built-in Android option or you installed an app?
    *totally new to android from bb10 and trying to make my transition easier

thanks!
    Only available of DTEKs and Priv.

Nougat devices and beyond don't have this feature.
    05-24-18 02:26 PM
34 12