There is no doubt BB10 can be powerful and fast but at the same time it can be incredibly slow and I wonder why is that?

Browser sure can be fast on some sites yet super slow on others or not work at all, www.filmtrackr.com is a simple site that simply doesn't work and i've noticed I can't stream BBC live radio either.

Sending a picture to Twitter, the compose screen appears supere fast but the if you want to mention somebody there's a 2-3 seconds delay from when you type @ until the contacts screen appears so you can search the particular person you want to mention. You might think that's not that long but this process has to be repeated for every contact you want to mention and those seconds add up to a lot.

Oppening apps is slow, background apps like Twitter and Facebook should open faster if not instant and they're also slow to close. If you close Twitter for example and you realize you forgot to do something you have to wait 2-4 seconds until you can tap the icon again and then another 2-3 seconds while the app opens.

So how can an OS be slow yet fast at the same time? How can it multitask like a mofo yet be so slow at simple/non intensive tasks.

And don't get me started about Oppening settings, that can take 5 seconds sometimes.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by belfastdispatcher; 10-11-13 at 03:47 AM.
    10-11-13 03:14 AM
    There is no doubt BB10 can be powerful and fast but at the same time it can be incredibly slow and I wonder why is that?

Browser sure can be fast on some sites yet super slow on others or not work at all, www.filmtrakr.com is a simple site that simply doesn't work and i've noticed I can't stream BBC live radio either.

Sending a picture to Twitter, the compose screen appears supere fast but the if you want to mention somebody there's a 2-3 seconds delay from when you type @ until the contacts screen appears so you can search the particular person you want to mention. You might think that's not that long but this process has to be repeated for every contact you want to mention and those seconds add up to a lot.

Oppening apps is slow, background apps like Twitter and Facebook should open faster if not instant and they're also slow to close. If you close Twitter for example and you realize you forgot to do something you have to wait 2-4 seconds until you can tap the icon again and then another 2-3 seconds while the app opens.

So how can an OS be slow yet fast at the same time? How can it multitask like a mofo yet be so slow at simple/non intensive tasks.

And don't get me started about Oppening settings, that can take 5 seconds sometimes.

Posted via CB10
    I hadn't noticed this, but I decided to try what you said. What is www.filmtrakr.com? Strangely, it opens a Verizon page for me. Weird. And yes, I do see what you mean about twitter. It took close to 2 seconds for me. I have previously noticed twitter taking some time to open, but I don't remember that from before. I think that's relatively new to me, and I don't know if it's since the last leak I loaded or the last update to the twitter app. Honestly, I just figured it was because I was on a leak. What are you running? My settings on the other hand is instant. No wait whatsoever.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 03:39 AM
    I hadn't noticed this, but I decided to try what you said. What is www.filmtrakr.com? Strangely, it opens a Verizon page for me. Weird. And yes, I do see what you mean about twitter. It took close to 2 seconds for me. I have previously noticed twitter taking some time to open, but I don't remember that from before. I think that's relatively new to me, and I don't know if it's since the last leak I loaded or the last update to the twitter app. Honestly, I just figured it was because I was on a leak. What are you running? My settings on the other hand is instant. No wait whatsoever.

Posted via CB10
    I'm running the official vodafone uk OS Q10SQN100-3/10.1.0.4633

Filmtrackr.com is a website for keeping a track of what film at what stage you have in your cameras.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 03:45 AM

Filmtrackr.com is a website for keeping a track of what film at what stage you have in your cameras.

Posted via CB10
    So strange! I'm Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1725 I wonder why it's taking me to a Verizon page. (I think it's a Verizon error page, nothing really on it but the logo). I mean, I'm not on Verizon.

So I'm guessing the twitter slowdown happened when they updated twitter then. I really don't think it was like that before. Don't think many on here notice because I think most others use Blaq. I use the native twitter app though, blaq offers too much for me. Lol! I practice KISS. (Keep It Simple Stupid)

Well, long story short, I don't have an answer. I've been pretty useless to you. Lol! Sorry.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 03:51 AM
    So strange! I'm Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1725 I wonder why it's taking me to a Verizon page. (I think it's a Verizon error page, nothing really on it but the logo). I mean, I'm not on Verizon.

So I'm guessing the twitter slowdown happened when they updated twitter then. I really don't think it was like that before. Don't think many on here notice because I think most others use Blaq. I use the native twitter app though, blaq offers too much for me. Lol! I practice KISS. (Keep It Simple Stupid)

Well, long story short, I don't have an answer. I've been pretty useless to you. Lol! Sorry.

Posted via CB10
    Lol, I left a c out of the website, try www.filmtrackr.com and try tappin the menu button on the top right corner.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 03:57 AM
    BB10 Dilema: Slow and Fast-img_00000326.png
    BB10 Dilema: Slow and Fast-img_00000327.png
    BB10 Dilema: Slow and Fast-img_00000328.png

Ah! You tricked me! :-)

It seems to be working. Looks like it anyway right? If it is, might be time for you to take a leak. Mines working very well for me.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 04:06 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000326.png 
Views:	956 
Size:	233.8 KB 
ID:	209780

Name:	IMG_00000327.png 
Views:	956 
Size:	218.7 KB 
ID:	209781

Name:	IMG_00000328.png 
Views:	953 
Size:	43.9 KB 
ID:	209782

Ah! You tricked me! :-)

It seems to be working. Looks like it anyway right? If it is, might be time for you to take a leak. Mines working very well for me.

Posted via CB10
    Tap the menu button you see at the top right corner though, that doesn't work for me.

Edit: sorry, I see now it did work thanks. Hope the official 10.2 will come soon, don't want to install leaked versions.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 04:11 AM
    The second picture is what pops up when I hit the menu button. The third is when I hit the register button that's in that menu. It seems to be working for me. I don't know what would be different in the browser between 10.1 and 10.2 to make it work though. Hopefully someone with some knowledge will jump in here and can help.

Gonna crash for the night but I'll check back tomorrow. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    belfastdispatcher likes this.
    10-11-13 04:13 AM
    My z10 is ridiculously slow at opening and closing apps.. it's pathetic.. takes like 5-7 seconds to open twitter about the same to close.. (when the icon is done flashing)

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 04:21 AM

Posted via CB10
    Because BBOS is sooooooo much better.
    You wanted to hear that, right?

Posted via CB10
    Settings app should still be written in Air, on that OS.
    No wonder it's sluggish.

That changes with 10.2 as well.

Browser sure can be fast on some sites yet super slow on others or not work at all, www.filmtrackr.com is a simple site that simply doesn't work and i've noticed I can't stream BBC live radio either.

Posted via CB10
    Works on my Z10, just like the other user has shown.

@Topic:

What exactly are you trying to accomplish with that topic?

My z10 is ridiculously slow at opening and closing apps.. it's pathetic.. takes like 5-7 seconds to open twitter about the same to close.. (when the icon is done flashing)

Posted via CB10
    I use Blaq, and it opens in 2 (max 3) seconds...
    Even BelfastD says, that his Twitter opens in 2-4 seconds.

Posted via CB10
    Uzi likes this.
    10-11-13 04:28 AM
    So is the BB10 OS written on more then one programming language, why would they write the settings in Air to begin with?

I just got a response from the Filmtrackr website:

"For some reason the javascript for the menu doesn't work on BlackBerry browsers. I'll fix it at some point, but I don't have immediate plans to get to it."

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 04:44 AM
    Using the twitter app.. 7 seconds was a bit of an exaggeration but 2-5 usually the higher end.

Side loaded apps like instagram and snapchat majority of the time take 4+ seconds

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 04:46 AM
    yes it can behave very oddly sometimes???
    10-11-13 05:14 AM
    The Twitter application is way too slow. Someone should fine tune that application. It should not take that long to do basic functions.
    10-11-13 05:22 AM
    can't get that site to open on my computer. is it a site?
    10-11-13 06:22 AM
    what leak are you running?
    10-11-13 06:24 AM
    I think the language the apps are programmed in make a big difference as far as performance is concerned - Native, Air, HTML5 or re-packaged Android.
    10-11-13 09:31 AM
    I have been noticing issues like this more and more, and hope that 10.2 will fix the lag issues. The phone might start up quickly, but it takes forever for Hub to open, and then once it does, it takes even longer to sync accounts and get everything updated. All in all, I think the phone takes ~5+ minutes to actually restart and become usable.

Another thing I'm noticing is lots of lag with text messaging...I click on one message, it actually opens another, then switches, then the text loads, then any images load. Sometimes the input bar doesn't pop up and remains at the lower part of the screen, so I have to exit the text, re open it, etc.

Love the functionality of the OS, but seems like 10.2 can't come quite quick enough...
    10-11-13 11:15 AM
    I don't know what the aversion is to loading a leak, especially one that is so well documented like 10.2.0.1767. Waiting for a carrier to release a needed software update, at least here in the USA, is an exercise in futility.

I am not having the issues you all are having. The only time I experience lag is when I open a ported app after a backup or after install and reboot of a new OS.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    10-11-13 11:39 AM
    I've only noticed a few things that seem to be on the slow side for me. Texts can take a little bit to open, the hub definitely takes to long to fully load up Imo...can't wait for 10.2 for the cascades settings...

Overall though I am loving the speed of the OS. For a 2 generation old processor, I think they got great performance out of it that will only get better as the OS matures
    10-11-13 11:41 AM