I know this is a big Apple Week, and the iphone 6 posts on a BlackBerry site prove that theory. However, BB10 continues to grow, mature and spread in the shadows of android and ios. BlackBerry is virtually silent and yet it is working. Not in the US, but elsewhere. I always believed BlackBerry needed to get out of the publics eye for a while to let things calm down. Let the hard stance subside, so minds can slowly be opened to BB10. Now I will share what is actually going on in an engineering firm. A friend of mine, who uses an iphone, asked me the other day, where did I get my android apps. I was confused and text him back at his work why? He was in a hurry and said I will explain later. So I said 1mobile and Amazon. So on the weekend I see him and he tells me that several guys have bought the z10 units at work and love them. They were side loading apps and he said that I just downloaded them. So they wanted to know how/where. I said well if they know how to side load, tell them to side load snap. Anyhow, on Tuesday he asked if he could borrow my old z10. He wants to test drive it and is saying he is getting a BlackBerry. He also stated that at work now if you carry an I phone, you carry a little girls phone. I know a lot of people around me that are going Bb10. Our Rogers store all but buried BlackBerry, but now they have them back on display. So as long as BlackBerry keeps a low profile, continues to improve BB10, and keeps producing higher end devices, then these types of scenarios will continue to take root.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 09:26 AM
    Interesting that people are much more interested in learning about my Z10 than my Q10. When I have the Q they ask why do I still have a BB. When I have the Z they let me show them the features. I try to explain that they both have the same OS but the Q is better for typing and the Z just has a bigger screen. I wonder what they will say about the Passport!!

Posted via my Q10 or Z10
    garrett lajoie likes this.
    09-11-14 09:39 AM
    This scares me. I know BlackBerry is all about fluid communication. I'm afraid though, that eventually they'll stop making physical qwerty devices. I mean I sort of doubt it at the same time, but I wouldn't be too surprised if it happened.

Posted via Q10RR
    09-11-14 10:40 AM
    Interesting that people are much more interested in learning about my Z10 than my Q10. When I have the Q they ask why do I still have a BB. When I have the Z they let me show them the features. I try to explain that they both have the same OS but the Q is better for typing and the Z just has a bigger screen. I wonder what they will say about the Passport!!

Posted via my Q10 or Z10
    They will still be more interested in the Z10. Full touchscreen, no keyboard. That's the reality of how the consumer market is.
    09-11-14 11:29 AM
    As the ecosystem issue is solved, BBRY will become a more sufficient option for more people.
    09-11-14 11:57 AM
    Best mobile os only getting better bb10 ftw

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 12:15 PM
    When it comes to bigger screens between the Z10 and the Q10 the answer is obvious. I've used and liked both phones, but there's one point that I've noticed right away, typing on the Q10 gives you more real estate. When the pop up keyboard on the Z10 goes up, it covers almost half the screen, so when messaging it leaves you with just two conversation spots, the reply and yours. The keys on the Q10 are smaller that the virtual keyboard on the Z10 so it makes sense. Just a small observation.

Posted via world class Q10 !!
    Playbook007 likes this.
    09-11-14 12:35 PM
    Did you think that because Apple released a new phone that BB would suddenly stop functioning?
    09-11-14 12:38 PM
    BlackBerry 10 Os is surely going to get a response in the coming years.... after all people will get bored at some point with the IOS and ANDROID, because there is nothing very interesting going on with both the Platforms.

People need change, and I think BlackBerry OS 10 will surely be the change.. maybe it will take a little more time.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 01:14 PM
    BlackBerry 10 Os is surely going to get a response in the coming years.... after all people will get bored at some point with the IOS and ANDROID, because there is nothing very interesting going on with both the Platforms.

People need change, and I think BlackBerry OS 10 will surely be the change.. maybe it will take a little more time.

Posted via CB10
    Problem being that while folks have been saying this for years, it hasn't happened. The end of iOS and Android has been a talking point for quite some time.

Saying the competition doesn't have anything interesting going on is somewhat interesting in and of itself.

Thankfully, it doesn't seem BBRY is betting it's future on people needing change.
    09-11-14 01:42 PM
    Did you think that because Apple released a new phone that BB would suddenly stop functioning?
    No not at all. Just sharing a moment in time my friend.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 04:03 PM
    No not at all. Just sharing a moment in time my friend.

Posted via CB10
    Lol, I know. But it does seem like when Apple makes their announcements that people think that BB has to immediately have an answer to it. They have an executed plan that hasn't changed and people wanting some type of immeidate reaction from BB just need to calm down (I don't mean you but there is always a knee jerk reaction from people).
    09-11-14 04:19 PM
    I post allot about my BlackBerry experience and I am more frustrated with the pricing of their new products them I am with the OS and functionality. I love 10.3 on my z30 and after four days, the more I use it, the better I like it.

Being from the USA, I feel I am isolated from the BlackBerry World, my carrier T Mobile no longer is licensed to sell BlackBerry products and I am not changing carriers because I like their plans and service.

I am not happy with the passport pricing as I have been seeing the pre order pricing in other countries and was hoping they would have priced it to get folks to cross over and take a chance on BlackBerry OS10, but looks like another z10 launch, overpriced.

All I can do is wait until it's launched and hopefully they have an unlocked version on the BlackBerry store, I will see what the price is and make my decision from there. 500-600 US, I am all in, anything more then that, I will wait until the price come down to reality.

Sent from my Lovely z30 on T Mobile USA (10.3.0.1154)
    Last edited by bakron1; 09-11-14 at 06:46 PM.
    09-11-14 04:47 PM
    I have a Z30 currently on AT&T and love the phone. I think some people may want to check out BlackBerry again when the passport comes around if the price is competitive but it will never bring the masses away from their iPhone and Android. Maybe a few more security problems could help bit the problem is just like it is in my house. I have the BlackBerry and sings it praises often but no one else from my wife daughter or son will consider it. It iPhone or in my daughters case android period.

It will be a slow claw back in my opinion. If some people will start using it the os would sell itself now. Just have to overcome the terrible launch they had.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 05:09 PM
    Thats what they like about it? ... tge ability to put android on their phone... Why is android so appealing on BlackBerry? Its not a good feature

Swordsmanship & Western Martial Arts Channel C000C9AF6
    09-11-14 05:16 PM
    This scares me. I know BlackBerry is all about fluid communication. I'm afraid though, that eventually they'll stop making physical qwerty devices. I mean I sort of doubt it at the same time, but I wouldn't be too surprised if it happened.

Posted via Q10RR
    By the Passport & Classic with no upgrade to the Z10 or Z30 - Z3 I don't consider much an upgrade to the Z10 (just the same device larger display) ... you should NOT be worried. Also considering the 9983 ... rest assured ... the corporeate/enterprise and government users WANT and STILL DEMAND QWERTY baby!

add Jamaican 80's juice jingle; modified "QWERTY is my #1"
    (Qwench-aid is Caribbean equivalent to Kool-Aid).
    09-11-14 05:44 PM
    I post allot about my BlackBerry experience and I am more frustrated with the pricing of their new products them I am with the OS and functionality. I love 10.3 on my z30 and after four days, the more I use it, the better I like it.

Being from the USA, I feel I am isolated from the BlackBerry World, my carrier T Mobile no longer is licensed to sell BlackBerry products and I am not changing carriers because I like their plans and service.

I am not happy with the passport pricing as I have been seeing the pre order pricing in other countries and was hoping they would have priced it to get folks to cross over and take a chance on BlackBerry OS10, but looks like another z10 launch, overpriced.

All I can do is wait until it's launched and hopefully they have an unlocked version on the BlackBerry store, I will see what the price is and make my decision from there. 500-600 US, I am all in, anything more then that, I will wait until the price come down to reality.

Hey Bakron.....you are in a tough spot. You live in the USA and it's true the carriers are making it tough on BlackBerry in that market. In Canada it seems Rogers is coming back to BlackBerry month by month. Displays are getting better, the z30 finally has arrived to the displays and for $0.00 for now on a promotion. Plus our updates role out on time. Now as for pricing let me share this with you. My daughter has an iphone 5 with a broken screen. She was holding off fixing it, but she wants the iphone 6. So now some of the glass has fallen out and she is away at university. I tell her to go get it fixed and I will order you the iphone 6. So I order the device and my company rep tells me as soon as they arrive I will let you know. Then I get the BBM message. "Dad, is it the 16 or 64 you ordered?". My reponse..."16 gig."........"oh, but I have a 32 now with only 6 gig to go..."

"Well just get a 64 gig sd card at Walmart for $32.00 and problem solved"......."Dad you know iphones don't have slots.......and they only make the 16 or 64 now, I don't know why but that's how it is...hugs"

Now Bakron, if this is true I know why.....because the 16 is short on task and the 64 is a money rake. this phone I bet will cost $900.00 bucks. Now add all the ecosystem requirement......

All of a sudden BlackBerry's most expensive device isn't so bad, and with Blend, use any cheap tablet/computer.......

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 08:58 AM

You may have to wait a year! Nothing wrong with that but don't expect Z/Q10 price scenario to repeat.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 09:18 AM
    UPDATE: So I deliver the z10 last night, get him started on Wifi only. The device I gave him to try is locked by Rogers and he has to use Bell.....service up at camp. So we go over the basics, set up Bridge to his playbook.....yes he has a playbook....and download some BlackBerry apps along with an android app for his security cameras. Now remember I am only lending him my old z10 for him to try, as I don't want him to convert and have regrets. You know what he does next? He grabs his laptop and says ok now let's unlock it and transfer my sim....."what you know how to unlock it". He is not that computer savy but all of a sudden he knows this? (engineering department must be busy). I say....."whoah.....lets give it the weekend ok? Let's make sure.....he says "Ok, but I have already seen enough and the guys at work love their z10's.". Then his son comes along and says the new BB's are nice but I don't think I can run one....they are complicated no? I laugh.....i showed him three gestures. How to get to the Hub, settings, and close an app......"Can you do that? " I asked.....he chuckles and says "ya....of course". Then I said "then you can run this phone". Well the questions began to fly.......I bet within 6 months the entire family will be BlackBerry with ipads.....except for of course the daughter....they must have an iphone.....its a girl thing"

Posted via CB10
    gokulesh likes this.
    09-12-14 09:18 AM
    This is better they do it that way. I think the Q10 is the gr8test phone out until the passport that is

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 09:30 AM