The BlackBerry 10 commercial shown at BBW showed the date of June 26th...probably means nothing but I remember hearing about people speculating if that date means anything to RIM...

Well tomorrow is the 26th, so thought I would get a thread going about what it may mean, most likely nothing, but never know if they may announce something, or show off a couple new features...can't wait till tomorrow now!
    06-25-12 03:48 PM
    I feel it is just a date they chose.

But what do I know?

(also, I wonder how many people will say "they never said June 26, 2012 lol" or something along those lines)
    06-25-12 03:53 PM
    What commerical?

I guess this would be a good time to show something. Next will will be all talk about comparing ios 6/ windows 8/ android jelly bean.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2
    06-25-12 04:00 PM
    they have the earnings call on the 28th, i highly doubt you hear a peep out of them until that date
    06-25-12 04:09 PM
    they have the earnings call on the 28th, i highly doubt you hear a peep out of them until that date

Oh I did not know that, but would there be a possibility that they announce some new features to drown out the negative press the earnings call will create?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-25-12 04:12 PM
    Oh I did not know that, but would there be a possibility that they announce some new features to drown out the negative press the earnings call will create?

They could announce everything and still be unable to drown out the negative press.
    06-25-12 04:15 PM
    They could announce everything and still be unable to drown out the negative press.

I dont think thats the case...people are becoming aware that BlackBerry 10 is coming and thats all that matters now. The media has covered so much negative numbers surrounding RIM and their low numbers will not be a shock because even non-shareholders know that RIM's sales have dropped drastically and they arent selling devices...so they will not announce anything that will shock anyone (unless its better than people think, but it wont be any worse)

So thats why I am thinking if they announce some good stuff surrounding BB10 it may help their earnings call because media outlets will say things like "RIM announced today that they sold less devices than the previous quarter and are losing money on devices and have unsold devices in their warehouse. This is not anything shareholders didn't expect, but they did wow people with the official announcement of BB10. BB10 looks very slick and very promising and despite bad numbers, RIM is putting all of their efforts into the BB10 basket and it looks very good. We are all waiting for BB10 phones to ship and until that day we can assume will be losing money on BBOS 7"

lol thats my very fast take on the possible story coming out of all of this if they announce or show BB10 off more before their earnings call. gives the media the inside view on what BB has to offer and how their earnings call will be reflecting previous mistakes and the old RIM I should say and it does not indicate what RIM and where RIM will be in 6 months with BB10 out.

06-25-12 04:50 PM
    I honestly think its just a date they randomly selected for the commercial.
    I don't think has any real significance.

But then I could be wrong.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    06-25-12 05:20 PM
    I honestly think its just a date they randomly selected for the commercial.
    I don't think has any real significance.

But then I could be wrong.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

Oh I totally agree this is just to get people chatting...it absolutely could be just a random date, but 2 days before their earnings call...maybe its something

Maybe its an update to BB10 Dev Alpha devices opening up more features

06-25-12 05:30 PM
    I dont think thats the case...people are becoming aware that BlackBerry 10 is coming and thats all that matters now. The media has covered so much negative numbers surrounding RIM and their low numbers will not be a shock because even non-shareholders know that RIM's sales have dropped drastically and they arent selling devices...so they will not announce anything that will shock anyone (unless its better than people think, but it wont be any worse)

So thats why I am thinking if they announce some good stuff surrounding BB10 it may help their earnings call because media outlets will say things like "RIM announced today that they sold less devices than the previous quarter and are losing money on devices and have unsold devices in their warehouse. This is not anything shareholders didn't expect, but they did wow people with the official announcement of BB10. BB10 looks very slick and very promising and despite bad numbers, RIM is putting all of their efforts into the BB10 basket and it looks very good. We are all waiting for BB10 phones to ship and until that day we can assume will be losing money on BBOS 7"

lol thats my very fast take on the possible story coming out of all of this if they announce or show BB10 off more before their earnings call. gives the media the inside view on what BB has to offer and how their earnings call will be reflecting previous mistakes and the old RIM I should say and it does not indicate what RIM and where RIM will be in 6 months with BB10 out.

There earnings release will only fuel the "RIM IS DEAD" theory.

Also, earning calls generally aren't the place for future features...I suspect all things officially regarding BB10 will be very quiet until around BlackBerry Jam Americas (BBDevCon)
    06-25-12 05:42 PM
    If a BB10 device isn't coming out until the 4th quarter, RIM really shouldn't give away everything about it or you will get the other major players tweaking their OS's to do whatever good features BB10 may have as possible options and that lapse would give them time to do it!

I really hope BB10 is awesome and not too buggy at launch. Also RIM has to get the high profile apps or it is doomed to fail with BB10. Of course none of this matters to me yet... that is until they officially announce a QWERTY BB10 device!
    06-25-12 05:54 PM
    There isn't a sound anywhere in the galaxy loud enough to drown out the negativity
    that this earnings call will garner
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 06-25-12 at 06:31 PM.
    06-25-12 06:05 PM
    If a BB10 device isn't coming out until the 4th quarter, RIM really shouldn't give away everything about it or you will get the other major players tweaking their OS's to do whatever good features BB10 may have as possible options and that lapse would give them time to do it!

I really hope BB10 is awesome and not too buggy at launch. Also RIM has to get the high profile apps or it is doomed to fail with BB10. Of course none of this matters to me yet... that is until they officially announce a QWERTY BB10 device!
    I'd rather have them take their time and polish everything up than release a buggy BB10 device.
    06-25-12 06:21 PM
    Yeah the earnings call is set to trigger a new wave of negative press and hammer the stock further.
    The 26th June would have been significant if RIM were clearly on an orchestrated publicity trail (which for a moment we thought they were when they started shouting wake up in Australia) but no. No chance, they are too persecuted to do stuff like that.
    If I were RIM I would launch a teaser site too (anyone know of any domain names they recently registered? We could get a device name from that) but having just got a new CMO that would be a stretch.
    06-25-12 07:30 PM
    I think the commercial is this
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEPYYo0-gfc[/YT]

I'll add a screen cap...
    Last edited by mikelcal; 06-25-12 at 07:47 PM.
    mphillips828 likes this.
    06-25-12 07:44 PM
    Here is the screen cap... The highlighted message says RE: Updates... it is a tuesday, and RIM has been known in the past to update on tuesdays, but its probably nothing.
    06-25-12 07:49 PM
    Doing a little bit more digging around Greg Hislop is a RIM employee he is a Team Lead - InfoDev Production at Research In Motion

Here is his linked in profile
    Greg Hislop | LinkedIn
    06-25-12 07:53 PM
    This is starting to get creepy for an internet forum.

So expect an update on June 26th at 1:37pm? That's where this is headed.. lol
    06-26-12 04:10 AM
    This is what I am hoping for...its very quiet out there so would guess that there is nothing coming, but I always welcome new big or little updates!
    06-26-12 10:56 AM
    No news is good news?
    06-26-12 01:07 PM
    Well... after seeing several BB10 commercials and BB10 JAM, the new BB10 sure looks hot and exciting. But too bad, there is no phone to actually play it with to see how well it performs...nor does it look like there is going to be enough "beef" on their AppWorld.

The waiting game is killing me....

My Blackberry Torch 9810 is slowly dying on me. I don't have any extra apps installed that would cause the slow down. Just out of the box and that's it.

Accessing the phone seems slow.

Accessing the camera for that instant snapshot felt like forever for the camera to turn on... time to access the app, time for the app to load, time for the camera to get focus, and ready to take pictures. By the time it was read to take picture, 5 minutes had past. 5 minutes of that "Kodak Moment" is gone. My wife's iPhone could access the camera faster and take pictures faster. :/ I just got roasted by my wife's iPhone.

Before anyone tells me the usual technical troubleshoot, I've been there done that...SEVERAL times. To the point where I am losing my pride and loyalty on my Torch 9810.

Feeling lost whether to wait for BB10 or not...still remembering every video of BB10...

The past weekend, I stopped by at a Best Buy Mobile Store. I was curious and thought I browse a bit. I saw that they have two phones on live demo. I ended up spend the whole day playing with the live demo on the HTC One X.

Wow. I was soooooo IMPRESSED. My love for Blackberry was beginning to melt away... I was blown away just how fast HTC One X is in browsing and accessing apps. Especially with the camera and its burst mode... Wow.. I was trying so so so very hard to resist HTC One X's performance, capability, and features...

I've gone home that day and did more research on BB10 for more stuff on camera and other features such as video chat for skype, live messenger, yahoo and gtalk... after few days of searching... my hope for RIMs bounceback, my shares on RIM, and my hope for BB10 does not look so rosey.

So here I am... .staring at my once loved Torch 9810...

How shall I put it? Like an old girlfriend whom you once loved was getting dry. Till you met someone else with same passion, same interest, same loving and romantic feeling that felt like an eternal soulmate....yes...
    06-26-12 06:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD