What is Blackberry going to do to fix the BB10 issues?
    Just let them die?
    WHAT about Uber, WhatsApp, Facebook, Linkedin Twitter, Wae, etc. I love my devices, Z10, Z30, Playbook and my amaing Passport, but I can't almost do anything today!
    Come on!!!! Something MUST be done!

Posted via CB10
    11-15-17 06:28 AM
    Just let them die?
    WHAT about Uber, WhatsApp, Facebook, Linkedin Twitter, Wae, etc. I love my devices, Z10, Z30, Playbook and my amaing Passport, but I can't almost do anything today!

Posted via CB10
    Yes. It's called buy a newer OS supported device. There's numerous to choose from various OEMs.
    MikeX74 likes this.
    11-15-17 06:32 AM
    I have three Passports and am planning to use them over the next few years. I'll prefer a mobile site. I don't mind having a droid tablet in the car or elsewhere for all apps. I prefer luxury over all in one pita google system.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    rayporsche and Qorax like this.
    11-15-17 06:41 AM
    Yes. It's called buy a newer OS supported device. There's numerous to choose from various OEMs.
    Really?! It's that the point? It can't be.
    11-15-17 06:46 AM
    Really?! It's that the point? It can't be.
    Seriously?? You can search all through CB regarding this for the last 18-24 months. BB left the hardware business 12 months ago. They're done with BB10 for all intents and purpose..
    11-15-17 06:59 AM
    Seriously?? You can search all through CB regarding this for the last 18-24 months. BB left the hardware business 12 months ago. They're done with BB10 for all intents and purpose..
    Right, but it's nice for us to know that BB10 devices can still (with workarounds if needed) be used for something other than calls, sms and e-mail. Like WhatsApp at least, one of the most widely used messaging app, which can't be accessed using the browser unlike Facebook, twitter etc...

If as of 2018 they would only be able to do calls, sms and e-mail then they would basically almost become dumb phones with a qwerty keyboard, and their resale value would plummet below oblivion
    11-15-17 09:40 AM
    Right, but it's nice for us to know that BB10 devices can still (with workarounds if needed) be used for something other than calls, sms and e-mail. Like WhatsApp at least, one of the most widely used messaging app, which can't be accessed using the browser unlike Facebook, twitter etc...

If as of 2018 they would only be able to do calls, sms and e-mail then they would basically almost become dumb phones with a qwerty keyboard, and their resale value would plummet below oblivion
    And that's pretty much what's happened if you've checked prices lately... Especially all the apps listed in post that I originally replied to. Many are no longer BB10 supported.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    11-15-17 09:44 AM
    And that's pretty much what's happened if you've checked prices lately... Especially all the apps listed in post that I originally replied to. Many are no longer BB10 supported.
    No more native support I get as BlackBerry left the OS to die. But I'm talking about workarounds, apk's etc. Just hoping that there are some solutions. I mean there was even this year a couple of indian videos on YouTube where they were showing how to use WhatsApp on BB7 on devices like the 9700.
    11-15-17 09:47 AM
    How can you possibly be surprised that these things have stopped working and that they will never be fixed? Folks here have been explaining that almost daily for years, and it is exactly what happened to other platforms when they stopped being actively developed (and due to BB10 being closed-source and having "hardware root-of-trust", it is impossible for outside developers to do anything of consequence to update the OS itself, making the situation worse than some other platforms).

Technology, and in particular, mobile technology and anything connected to the internet, evolves DAILY, which is why ACTIVE development is required. As soon as active development ceases, a death clock is started, and 3 years is about the average time remaining.

Coincidentally, BB10 has been out of active development for a little over 3 years now. The former BB10 team was laid between 3 and 4 years ago, and have long since moved on to other companies. The buildings they used to work in were sold off and a year ago, BB officially announced that they were out of the smartphone business entirely (except for licensed Android phones made by others).

BB10 slowly breaking down and losing third party app support is exactly what should have been expected. In fact, WinPhone users are experiencing exactly the same thing right now as that OS is in the same situation.

BB is out of the smartphone business, and virtually out of the consumer market entirely, so you can't really be their customer going forward - so they don't really care about the value of your old phone. They already lost billions of dollars on BB10 and have no interest in spending another penny on it.

No one is saying that you shouldn't continue to use BB10 for as long as it works for you if that's what you want, but any hope of fixes or updates to extend its life should have been forgotten long ago. It will never happen. Elvis has left the building.
    11-15-17 10:34 AM

BB is out of the smartphone business, and virtually out of the consumer market entirely, so you can't really be their customer going forward - so they don't really care about the value of your old phone. They already lost billions of dollars on BB10 and have no interest in spending another penny on it.

No one is saying that you shouldn't continue to use BB10 for as long as it works for you if that's what you want, but any hope of fixes or updates to extend its life should have been forgotten long ago. It will never happen. Elvis has left the building.
    As a STORM and PlayBook owner... I know that BlackBerry didn't "care" about customers when they were in business. Now that they are out..... those expecting them to "fix" anything will have a very long wait.

Do wonder how much new inventory is still out there, and how many enterprise devices will make it into the market place. Might have been better for the brand if BlackBerry had scrapped those written off devices in stead of selling them. As this will go on for years....
    11-15-17 01:44 PM
    As a STORM and PlayBook owner... I know that BlackBerry didn't "care" about customers when they were in business. Now that they are out..... those expecting them to "fix" anything will have a very long wait.

Do wonder how much new inventory is still out there, and how many enterprise devices will make it into the market place. Might have been better for the brand if BlackBerry had scrapped those written off devices in stead of selling them. As this will go on for years....
    Naa. Chen aggressively liquidated inventory, and while some retailers may still have a few, there certainly isn't much left NIB.
    11-15-17 02:35 PM
    get the BB10 phone!
    Classic if you have small hands
    Passport for better performance on Android apps

honestly I had a Passport, but sold it because of the size and came back to Classic. but if whatsapp and other android apps I use starts to crash all the time, I will buy the keyone.

Posted via CB10
    Qorax likes this.
    11-16-17 01:22 AM

Posted via CB10
    Seriously?

Here's an example for you. General Motors killed the Pontiac car line after the 2009 model year, in an effort to avoid BANKRUPTCY.

So, why don't you buy a 2009 Pontiac and go to your local GM dealership and demand that they MUST fix it on warranty.

Blackberry already lost BILLIONS of dollars trying to get BB10 to catch on - it didn't, they LOST all that money and switched over to Android and got OUT of the handset business in order to AVOID BANKRUPTCY.

That's the hard reality. If YOU want to put up the money to buy BB10 and fix it, by all means go ahead.
    11-16-17 12:27 PM
    Are there a lot of people complaining and hitching about app support? On a BlackBerry? LMAO.

11-17-17 07:23 AM
    There's probably a lot of people complaining about the apps support but not as much as the people complaining about the people that still want to use BB OS10 or legacy devices....
    Qorax and i_plod_an_dr_void like this.
    11-17-17 07:52 AM
    Are there a lot of people complaining and hitching about app support? On a BlackBerry? LMAO.

Newbies.... still BB10 devices out there. Folks finally moving on from BBOS and moving to the next step.... They see these 3 and 4 year old discounted phones that look very attractive for the price, and don't bother to find out the limitations. Then they come here for solutions, and find out there aren't solutions for all these issues.... which is why most of us know they "retired" BB10.
    11-17-17 08:00 AM
    ... the people complaining about the people that still want to use BB OS10 or legacy devices....
    I don't think anyone here does that. Most people, like myself, agree that if you are happy with BB10, then more power to you.

The problem occurs when BB10 die-hards can't see through their own veil and disingenuously recommend BB10 to newbies, or when they argue a continued fictitious business case for the defunct OS.
    11-17-17 08:15 AM
    I don't think anyone here does that. Most people, like myself, agree that if you are happy with BB10, then more power to you.

Really ? not everybody here feels like you or agree or express their opinions in the same manner that you do and you may say all you want but you know it buddy......

The problem occurs when BB10 die-hards can't see through their own veil and disingenuously recommend BB10 to newbies, or when they argue a continued fictitious business case for the defunct OS.
    Totally agree with you on this statement specifically in the 'disingenuously recommend BB10 to newbies' part and 'the continued fictitious business case for a defunct OS'............
    11-17-17 08:31 AM
    The Russian government loves sailfish OS. They make a strong business case for a Google free OS. I know there are many more cases being made to stick with BB10.

i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    11-17-17 09:32 AM
    @rayporsche, I certainly didn't say "everybody" - just "most".

There are always jerks who need to denigrate other peoples' choices to make them feel better about their own.
    rayporsche likes this.
    11-17-17 10:33 AM
    True that
    11-17-17 01:20 PM
    The Russian government loves sailfish OS. They make a strong business case for a Google free OS. I know there are many more cases being made to stick with BB10.

Strong case as in they are saying they support it, or strong case in that they are using Sailfish.... you can find lots (and lots) of stories on how Russia (government not the people) loves Sailfish and "planned" to buy device. Have yet to see what devices they actually bought or could buy at this point. Right now Jolla's focus is on having users buy a two year old Sony Xperia X phones, Root it, Void the Warranty and install a Sailfish Subscription on it. Few of the XDA forums recommend it as a daily driver as it's buggy and apps support is poor.... it's just a cool experiment.

Cases for sticking with BB10.... BlackBerry is a business, and there weren't enough "cases" to make BB10 a viable product three years ago when Chen pulled the plug. And THAT hasn't changed.
    11-17-17 01:44 PM

Sorry, you have lost. What case?
    11-17-17 08:10 PM
    Totally agree with you on this statement specifically in the 'disingenuously recommend BB10 to newbies' part and 'the continued fictitious business case for a defunct OS'............
    Here's to someone in Waterloo getting off their laurels and maybe retreat to meditate to medicate their high anxiety and mental blockage over the smartphone-auto-mobile convergence....and then get the engine started to make BlackBerry's QNX based BB10x smart-car-phone firing up your next generation auto-mobile. The car phone reunion is only a motion rebuild away.

rayporsche likes this.
    11-18-17 02:03 AM
    Looks good and sounds good to me. https://us.blackberry.com/software/s...ackberry-10-os no disclaimers of dysfunction. : ).

11-18-17 06:11 AM
50 12