I know this has probably been asked before so I apologise if that's the case, but I want to know if switching back is right for me.

I use an iPhone for personal use (another iPhone for business) and I'm really not happy with it, totally miss the fluid BB10 experience and physical keyboard. I'm not a massive app user, but I do need a few things.....

Facebook Messenger
    Whatsapp
    Google Play Music

I'm happy messing around to get these working if need be.

I don't want to spend a fortune as I don't use my personal phone as much anymore (or I would just get the Priv), Blackberry Classic/Passport is what I'm looking for.

Thoughts Crackberrians?
    zer0ten likes this.
    11-13-17 02:59 PM
    Google play music I got on my phone, we'll the z30 haven't installed it. I prefer spotify. It still work well I use passport and will continue too. Hasn't slowed down for me.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-17 03:14 PM
    Your right... it's been asked - about once a week.

BB10 reach it's peak two years ago, it's not getting any better and support for older Android 4.3 apps is fading, support for BB10 apps is even coming to an end. What works today, might not in six months... or if it does, might not work to it's full potential. Like WhatsApp Android apps if WhatsApp finally pulls support at the end of the year.

If they don't patch KRACK... using Wi-Fi might become a big issue.

SEARCH the forums and you'll get a better idea.
    greenjoe and mbirth like this.
    11-13-17 03:18 PM
    All three apps are only available as Android apps working under the BB10 Android Runtime. Expect them not to be as fluid, suck battery, and have degraded notifications.

Only the Lite version of Facebook Messenger will work (no video calling), and the other two require workarounds.

BB10 is no longer receiving updates or security fixes.

Phone, email, and SMS should work fine for a while.
    11-13-17 03:19 PM
    I use an iPhone for personal use (another iPhone for business) and I'm really not happy with it, totally miss the fluid BB10 experience and physical keyboard
    I've been using a Passport alongside an iPhone for a while. While BB10 is pretty much fluid and fast I admit using iOS was generally equally enjoyable experience. PKB was and still is the key BB10 differentiator (another being the Hub) especially when churning out those long work emails, it's so much easier than typing out on glass. I don't use FB or Google Music services but surely iOS wins hats down in overall versatility. Now that Apple finally 'discovered' gestures the ux gap will close and iOS will probably prevail but until that happens I'll be still happily carrying two phones ;-)

Posted via CB10
    11-13-17 05:50 PM
    If you just need a physical keyboard, a Priv can probably be found for pretty cheap these days. I wouldn't recommend any BB10 device until BlackBerry comments on KRACK though.

BB10 is no longer receiving updates or security fixes.
    That's a bit of an exaggeration, 10.3.3.3057 just rolled out a few weeks ago. OP shouldn't expect new features or timely updates though.
    glwerry likes this.
    11-13-17 05:58 PM
    If you just need a physical keyboard, a Priv can probably be found for pretty cheap these days. I wouldn't recommend any BB10 device until BlackBerry comments on KRACK though.

That's a bit of an exaggeration, 10.3.3.3057 just rolled out a few weeks ago. OP shouldn't expect new features or timely updates though.
    In 11 months, a single fix (for Vodafone 4G) was issued. It was posted in July. Pretty much about as close to nothing as one can get. It was also the only activity on the BlackBerry servers since February - including alphas and betas.

For the sake of the OP, zero updates should be expected.
    11-13-17 06:06 PM
    In 11 months, a single fix (for Vodafone 4G) was issued. It was posted in July. Pretty much about as close to nothing as one can get. It was also the only activity on the BlackBerry servers since February - including alphas and betas.

For the sake of the OP, zero updates should be expected.
    I doubt they'd go from 10.3.3.2163 to .3057 for a a single carrier fix (it would be a smaller increment like .2876 -> .2888), there's certainly more to the update. I agree that no one should expect updates for BB10 at this point but that doesn't mean it's abandoned in the same way that BBOS is.
    11-13-17 06:22 PM
    I doubt they'd go from 10.3.3.2163 to .3057 for a a single carrier fix (it would be a smaller increment like .2876 -> .2888), there's certainly more to the update. I agree that no one should expect updates for BB10 at this point but that doesn't mean it's abandoned in the same way that BBOS is.
    To a layperson, this seems to be a tallest midget argument.....
    11-13-17 06:32 PM
    The diff analysis would beg to differ. Honestly, there isn't much else.

Build numbers are autogenerated based on date too.
    11-13-17 06:54 PM
    To a layperson, this seems to be a tallest midget argument.....
    Eh, I'm always for accuracy. Otherwise we end up with hundreds of hope/calling out threads anytime there's movement or an executive reiterating what they've said since 2015.

The diff analysis would beg to differ. Honestly, there isn't much else.

Build numbers are autogenerated based on date too.
    BB10 build numbers don't match up to any dates though. Regardless, that doesn't rule out more than just a 4G fix, especially with some of the apps that were updated (file picker, calculator, call log, etc). We'll just have to wait for BlackBerry to publish their release notes.
    11-13-17 07:14 PM
    I just asked basically the same question on another thread and for my purposes, emails and texts, I may indeed get a BB10 device again.,but it will NOT be my daily driver. I travel just about 3 1/2 weeks out of the month and will probably just keep it in the hotel for replying to emails and such ay the end of the day. As a. Matter of fact, just posted on mkt place inquiring about a z30 or PPSE.
    11-13-17 07:16 PM
    I just asked basically the same question on another thread and for my purposes, emails and texts, I may indeed get a BB10 device again.,but it will NOT be my daily driver. I travel just about 3 1/2 weeks out of the month and will probably just keep it in the hotel for replying to emails and such ay the end of the day. As a. Matter of fact, just posted on mkt place inquiring about a z30 or PPSE.
    If it's just for email, then why not get a K1?
    app_Developer and co4nd like this.
    11-13-17 07:20 PM
    I’m contemplating that as well, I’ve asked in several threads if the att k1 has the screen lift issue and awaiting a response.
    11-13-17 07:25 PM
    If it's just for email, then why not get a K1?
    Plus I just got rid of the dtek60 and I’m really not quite liking android totally.
    i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    11-13-17 07:26 PM
    Plus I just got rid of the dtek60 and I’m really not quite liking android totally.
    You may learn to like it. Plus you don't have much of a choice. I am one week in. I am surprised by some things that are really nice to have.
    11-13-17 07:28 PM
    You may learn to like it. Plus you don't have much of a choice. I am one week in. I am surprised by some things that are really nice to have.
    I’m looking at my options right now with att next plan for the keyone
    11-13-17 07:30 PM
    I’m contemplating that as well, I’ve asked in several threads if the att k1 has the screen lift issue and awaiting a response.
    IIRC the AT&T Keyone was announced after TCL had fixed the screenlift issue so I think it should be ok?

Edit: July and August

https://mobilesyrup.com/2017/07/10/b...ne-screen-fix/

https://www.gsmarena.com/black_black...news-26919.php
    11-13-17 09:01 PM
    Good to hear
    11-13-17 09:02 PM
    I may treat myself to a k1 for Xmas. I’ve been good all year
    11-13-17 09:02 PM
    I’m looking at my options right now with att next plan for the keyone
    I picked up the ATT space black KeyOne and it's been solid as a rock - no issue with the screen when flexed and I'm sure unless you got unlucky and somehow got some old stock, your KeyOne would come with the reinforced glue fix they added to the manufacturing.
    I have a hard time not gushing about the phone because I love it so much, but I will try and restrain and just say that if you have a chance to go hands on with one, you may really like the way it feels.
    11-14-17 12:05 AM
    The screen lift issue is far behind now as I don't think any vendor / retailer still carries May/June models. Besides, never heard of a black KEYone having it's screen lift.

I'd say it's safe to purchase
    11-14-17 04:54 AM
    I may treat myself to a k1 for Xmas. I’ve been good all year
    I haven't been so I'm getting the AT&T Coal Black Edition.....
    BigBadWulf and anon(8063781) like this.
    11-14-17 04:24 PM
    I haven't been so I'm getting the AT&T Coal Black Edition.....
    Lmao
    11-14-17 04:39 PM
    I have a Passport that I bought direct from Blackberry, and it's still on 10.3.3.1435 - and that update only arrived a month ago or so. So Blackberry is very tardy/cautious about pushing out updates even to BB10 devices it has sold itself
    Qorax likes this.
    11-15-17 03:43 AM
50 12