Since these phones have different battery models I wondered if I could use my same charger? Also, since I have two batteries for the now-decommisioned World Edition phone, can I use those batteries in the Curve 8330?

thanks,
    Lane4
    11-09-10 04:04 PM
    You can use the same charger, but I just looked at the batteries in the CB store and they don't appear to be the same size. I doubt the 8830 batteries will fit properly in the 8330, and since they have different model numbers, (C-X2 for the 8830, C-S2 for the 8330), they are unlikely to be interchangeable.
    11-09-10 04:24 PM
    seems to me that the world edition battery was a bit more resilient than the 8330. I realize this is "past" technology but I am reluctant to re-up with another 2-year contract with Sprint until I try a few other things. I reserved the Samsung EPIC in August and was unwilling to buy it outright. Not interested in another 20year deal with Sprint. Service is great but Cust Svc is horrible. Still.

And I am a preferred customer. They have nickeled and dimed me to death over the years. If AT&T or Verizon would get their "simply everything" act together I'd move.

That said I am enjoying the BB experience. Different than a Win-mobile phone but I am getting the hang of it. That stud battery life was the big attraction for me, even moreso than the android/iPhone apps! I'm sure I'll go to something newer soon but for now I'm trying refurb phones to see what works best for me.

thanks again...Lane4
    11-09-10 07:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD