I'm on a 9700, not sure what OS. Went to sleep last night and left it charging. Woke up to the restart screen, where it was 65% initialized - and stuck. I have no idea why, or how long it was like that.

I'm on a Mac and on vacation, so I don't have cables to hook it up and do anything. Does anyone have any idea what's going on?
    12-28-10 06:47 AM
    were you charging via usb or wall charger?? did you try a battery pull ??
    12-28-10 07:18 AM
    I'm on a 9700, not sure what OS. Went to sleep last night and left it charging. Woke up to the restart screen, where it was 65% initialized - and stuck. I have no idea why, or how long it was like that.

I'm on a Mac and on vacation, so I don't have cables to hook it up and do anything. Does anyone have any idea what's going on?
    Hi there!

First of all, don't worry. To check on the OS, first go Option and proceed to Phone / Device option. There you can check your OS version. If it is the stock version from shop, then it will be OS 5. If you buy from a second hand phone, there is a probability that the phone is using OS 6. Just check if you can make the 1st row of menu to expend. if can expend, then it is OS 6.

For the phone, you can try a battery pull. Take out the battery and leave it for 30 seconds or more. Then put the battery back and jus let it run by itself. It should be just fine. Battery pull works like 9/10 times for all problems. You can perform battery pull as many times as you want Normally one time is sufficient

Just say for the worst case scenario and there is no way to get the phone up. When you can get your hands on cable, you can try to wipe the phone and load up the OS again. Check my signature for the step by step guide using BBSAK.

Good luck!
    Last edited by reginald_1986; 12-28-10 at 07:43 AM.
    12-28-10 07:30 AM
    No such luck. After 30 minutes, I'm still stuck with the initialization screen at roughly 65% complete.
    12-28-10 07:41 AM
    That might mean that the OS could be a problem. Hmm, I guess the can try to leave the phone for awhile using Battery pull. Wait for an hour or so and retry back.

I believe either sending to shop or reload the OS is the way out. >.<
    12-28-10 07:45 AM
    Try to reboot your BB in safe mode. Check out this quick CB tip.
    Quick Tip - How to Boot Your BlackBerry in Safe Mode | CrackBerry.com
    12-28-10 07:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD