I have had my BB Curve for about 10 months. No problems, it is really a great device. Two nights ago I received an email from a firend. I noticed that I had 1/2 battery life on my phone. A couple hours later my BB was dead. I charged the phone and turned it on the next morning. The phone then died a few hours later with no usage. Does anyone have any thoughts? I used to get 5 days between charges but now I can't get 5 hours..... AT&T has not been a lot of help.
    11-05-08 12:40 PM
    What 3rd party programs have you installed? (if any)
    Also, look at the tab on your battery - what color is it? Are there tiny bubbles on the battery?
    11-05-08 12:43 PM
    I have installed Google Maps and Opera Mini several months ago. I also downloaded an IBerry Theme several weeks ago. The only thing I've recently downloaded was an HTML email viewer about a month ago but I haven't had any problems until two nights ago. Best I can tell, there aren't any apps running???
    11-05-08 12:49 PM
    What about the physical condition of your battery? Do you have a spare you can test in your BB?
    11-05-08 12:52 PM
    No, I don't have a spare battery. AT&T offered to replace the battery but do batteries just crash like that? It seems like there must be something that triggered it. Can I determine if the HTML email viewer is causing this? It is the most recent app that I have downloaded.
    11-05-08 12:56 PM
    I would suggest you completely remove that app and determine if it's the cause.

BTW - when a battery begins to loose it's "umph" it will cause symptoms like you are having. You may have a defective battery.
    11-05-08 12:59 PM
    Thanks so much for your input. Do you have any idea how to remove/delete the application? I've never had to do that before.
    11-05-08 01:02 PM
    Sure, go to Options (looks like a wrench) then Advanced Options then highlight the email viewer (Empower or BBSmart?) click on the menu button and click Delete. Your BB may have to restart for the changes to take effect.

Good luck!
    11-05-08 01:05 PM
    Also pull the battery for a while and see if it improves. However, in all likelihood you need a new batt

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-08 07:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD