Hello,
    I am thinking about switching to a BB 8800(AT&T) from my Treo 650 (Verizon), but have not been able to answer a question: Can I wirelessly (via the cell network) sync my Outlook mail, calendar, and contacts withOUT having MS exchange server or BES? I don't mind having a client run on my PC to monitor changes (I am currently using the wireless sync client from Verizon with my Treo 650 and it works great)

Is it possible?

Thanks,
    Tim
    09-26-07 12:39 PM
    You can use Redirector to send messages to your BB but nothing else will sync wirelessly without BES.
    09-26-07 12:40 PM
    cool.........
    09-26-07 01:23 PM
    Are there any 3rd party applications that can do this without BES or Exchange server? (That are affordable for personal use?) The lack of the feature makes it hard to switch from the Treo....

Thanks again,
    Tim
    09-26-07 01:27 PM

Not sure if it works doesn't look like there is a free trial but has anyone used this service? Here is a description btw the site is: (I am not allowed to post links until 10 posts so you will have to delete the spaces:

http :// www. bberrysync . com

Blackberry Internet Services (BIS) users have long needed to free themselves from the USB cable for Microsoft Outlook data syncing. Those wanting the freedom were able to achieve it, but at what cost for the features of Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES)?

Whether going with an in-house solution or a hosted BES service, there are costs and compromises to consider. While the in-house BES option offered high data security, it called for a large investment up front. The hosted BES solution does not require a large initial investment by sacrificing data security - as personal PIM is located on the hosting servers.

The compromise that BBerrySync offers is a fresh idea, perfectly suited for those wanting 1) the data security of your PIM data being stored on your PC and BB and not on some web server, 2) an affordable cost solution that does not require a sizable upfront investment in hardware and support and 3) off course, frees your from the USB cable with Over The Air (OTA) sync.
    06-11-08 12:46 AM
    I have just installed BBerrySync on my Blackberry Curve 8330 and am very excited. This is the application that I have been waiting for. I am a BIS user rather than a corporate BES user. And with BBerrySync, I am now wirelessly syncing all of my PIM information (calendar, tasks, contacts) just like the BES folks. It costs about $50 a year to use this product and I believe it is worth it.
    06-20-08 06:56 PM
    Can you tell me how bberrysync works on your device?
    I've installed on mine (Bold) and works fine except the fact it slows a lot the phone...
    In fact, sometimes the phone freeze...
    First I thought that it's somthing wrong with phone settings but afte a couple of days of changing settings (and reading forums) nothing improved...

So I decided to uninstall bberrysync to see if some improvements occur...
    And indeed, the phone is back to live.... It moves very smooth...

I think that there is an optimization problem with bberrysync... It uses a lot of memory...

I send a ticket and asked them if there is any problem... I'm waiting for their answer...

In case I receive a message I will post here the answer...
    Have a nice day..
    12-03-08 09:52 AM
    I have just installed BBerrySync on my Blackberry Curve 8330 and am very excited. This is the application that I have been waiting for. I am a BIS user rather than a corporate BES user. And with BBerrySync, I am now wirelessly syncing all of my PIM information (calendar, tasks, contacts) just like the BES folks. It costs about $50 a year to use this product and I believe it is worth it.
    $50 a year?! That's it? I was told you can't wirelessly sync without a BES. Now I have some more research to do! Thanks...
    03-20-09 09:07 AM
    Can you tell me how bberrysync works on your device?
    I've installed on mine (Bold) and works fine except the fact it slows a lot the phone...
    In fact, sometimes the phone freeze...
    First I thought that it's somthing wrong with phone settings but afte a couple of days of changing settings (and reading forums) nothing improved...

So I decided to uninstall bberrysync to see if some improvements occur...
    And indeed, the phone is back to live.... It moves very smooth...

I think that there is an optimization problem with bberrysync... It uses a lot of memory...

I send a ticket and asked them if there is any problem... I'm waiting for their answer...

In case I receive a message I will post here the answer...
    Have a nice day..
    Try a battery pull after installing the software if it runs slow....sometime your BB just needs a rest
    03-20-09 09:14 AM
    Is something like bberrysync the only way to sync my emails with outlook? I need two way sync and I don't care if I have to use a usb cable to do it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-09 11:27 AM
    the Blackberry Download Manager that comes with the phone will work for free over the cable or bluetooth!! No worries
    03-20-09 11:52 AM
    So if I use usb to hook my bb up to my office desktop, I will be able to sync all the read/deleted emails on my blackberry to outlook and visa versa through desktop manager?

03-20-09 11:59 AM
    I dont do it.... but I believe you can delete in your BB and reconcile with your desktop and it will erase on your computer.

Works 100% with hotmail, gmail and Yahoo!!!
    03-20-09 12:04 PM
    Emails don't sync with Outlook on a BIS.
    03-20-09 02:12 PM
    Emails don't sync with Outlook on a BIS.
    True. I found out the hard way.
    03-20-09 02:21 PM
    you can reconcile your messages.... did you guys try that setting yet?

Not saying it will work.... but it might
    03-20-09 03:13 PM
    So bberrysync won't even work?

03-20-09 08:18 PM
    Hello,
    I am thinking about switching to a BB 8800(AT&T) from my Treo 650 (Verizon), but have not been able to answer a question: Can I wirelessly (via the cell network) sync my Outlook mail, calendar, and contacts withOUT having MS exchange server or BES? I don't mind having a client run on my PC to monitor changes (I am currently using the wireless sync client from Verizon with my Treo 650 and it works great)

Is it possible?

Thanks,
    Tim

Purchased this a few weeks ago and is a complete waste of money. It does not work, the servers is out and the seller is non reachable. Basically he is frauding people of their hard earned cash. Despicable.
    03-26-09 12:42 PM
    Yup, it's a scam. I wish I would have read posting that said "BBerrySync is a RIPOFF".
    05-15-09 07:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD