I had to share this with Crackberry nation.
    I represent an American company in India and we deal with the Indian government.
    This week three guys from the American company was visiting India and we went to the various cities where we do business. Basically to get a new order from our customer (Govt of India).

So the Americans had company issued BBs. While on the road we got a new tender document in the mail. Since it was sent to them and my company mail ID we all got it.

Now the Americans were trying to read a six page document on their BBs and out comes my Playbook and I bridge it to my phone read the document and pass my Playbook around.

Needless to say they were impressed. The next thing they said was "we haven't seen a Blackberry tablet in America". I just pulled a face and said "you iPeople"

Then the inevitable discussion started. One of the engineers had an iPad and he said that his iPad couldnt do what I just did but how he loved his iPad and facetime.

So I gave him the full run through with the multitasking, Video chat, and Bridge and told him about what OS2.0 would bring to the table. Needless to say he was impressed.

Next thing he tells me is that he forwards his company mail to his gmail account to get it on iPad and immediately I asked him if that was a right thing to do since it would pose a security risk and he admitted that. He said he wouldn't need to do this if he could bridge and get the mails on the tablet.

Apparently their company doesnt have a policy on forwarding mails to private accounts.

We ended the conversation with him saying he would bring the PB to the attention of his IT dept.

Did my bit for then PB this week
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-20-12 01:12 PM
    It seems unlikely that the IT Dept, as a RIM customer already, is unaware of the PlayBook, and so it makes you wonder what the benefit is here. Just saying.
    01-20-12 01:33 PM
    It seems unlikely that the IT Dept, as a RIM customer already, is unaware of the PlayBook, and so it makes you wonder what the benefit is here. Just saying.

It is very common for IT departments to not know about features, my IT department didn't know about MVS5 and was looking for solutions that MVS could provide and had NO IDEA that RIM offered that as an addition to BES.

Heck IT didn't even know when WinZIP changed their user agreements, nor did IT know that the 9300 had a different OS than the 8530, BES sales people SUCK!,
    Part of RIM's advertising issue, is they publish ad stuff to sell but don't have quality follow up advertising, they leave it to the Carriers, and the PlayBook isn't something the Carriers would be pushing in the US.
    01-20-12 01:46 PM
    True.
    But the flip side is that they were unaware of the PB and its features in the first place as direct users and consumers. Since they were Americans that does show the poor job RIM has done for the PB in terms of marketing. I mean think of it this way, those guys had to come to India to get a demo of a device which should have had a huge impact in corporate America.
    One post of yours I would agree with.
    01-20-12 01:46 PM
    Its amazing how many Blackberry consumers still don't know about the PlayBook. I was at the car dealership to get an oil change, brakes and tires rotated, so I'm in the customer lounge with my PlayBook (free wifi) and three other customers, I had my PlayBook in the journal case with the shinney Blackberry emblem showing and one of the other customers noticed the PlayBook and said "I've never seen a Blackberry tablet, Had no idea they made one", the other two was in agreement about not knowing about this wonderful tablet. Of course I gave a demonstration and explained as much as I could about the upcoming OS2.0 , and I kept getting a WOW response everytime I showed a different aspect of what the PlayBook could do. Out of the three customers one had a 9630 and the other two had iphones and they were amazed on how this tablet had eluded them. The lack of RIM advertisement concerning products is mind boggeling, Its time to do something about it
    01-20-12 02:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD