Hmm well now I am getting an
    Unable to connect message so that sounds worse than I began with, except I haven't changed anything so idk why im getting git
    09-19-10 01:08 PM
    Note
    It is with all connections
    I went to someones house and tried to connect, got the white dash and a grey icon.

Anyone figure anything else out ?
    09-20-10 01:12 AM
    bump.bump.bump
    09-20-10 08:22 PM
    Can you goto a McDonnalds that has free AT&T WiFi and see if it'll connect there? That'll atleast tell me the berry side of things is working...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-10 11:34 PM
    Well I mean, I have gone to starbucks and other places to connect they all do the same thing.

I found something weird... so I think it is my router... cause... when my computer is on it works (well sorta really slow but sometimes it loads stuff) and then I turn my computer off, and I tried it out in the morning and it said no Internet connectivity so I battery pulled and it worked. But then lol I turned my computer on and it wasn't working. I just do a pull and it connects (well.. partially connects - no check) so I do a battery pull and it seems to work
    I am so confused lol, but could my wireless card (in my comp) have something to do with (part) of it at least
    09-21-10 01:28 PM
    It's possible that your 2Wire Modem/Router is configured to only allow ONE device to connect to the internet at a time.

I've seen cable companies do this where, the first PC that comes up, it locks the browsing session to that devices MAC address. This is why I always use my own wireless router behind the modem.

Some of the DSL providers also will only allow one PC/Device at a time to connect, unless you pay extra for "Home Networking" support.

Call your Internet Provider and just ask how many devices/computers are allowed to access your internet connection at a time for your account. You may need to disable the WiFi in the 2Wire and get a cheap, linksys and use it so that multiple devices can connect.
    09-21-10 01:47 PM
    Oh no that's not it
    we have a wii and two other computers which connect as well as other poeple come over and connect, they all work fine at the same time.
    Like I am on here, and my mums on her computer now too
    09-21-10 04:06 PM
    Lol, never fixed this, what a ***** of a problem...
    09-28-10 01:36 PM
    Saw this elsewhere, and works sometimes for me - after turning on your wifi, immediately go to menu->wifi options->menu->wifi tools->dns lookup->menu->clear DNS cache and your wifi icon may turn white....
    09-29-10 07:13 AM
    Saw this elsewhere, and works sometimes for me - after turning on your wifi, immediately go to menu->wifi options->menu->wifi tools->dns lookup->menu->clear DNS cache and your wifi icon may turn white....
    I hope this works with and corrects my belkin's allergies to my blackberry.

09-29-10 02:10 PM
    I have a similar problem where my wifi icon goes white for a minute or so and then it goes back to grey with no connection to my router. Here is my solution:

My router/modem is 2Wire...

- turn off your modem by unplugged it
    - delete your wifi setup from your phone
    - start setup your wifi again manually by entering all the infos needed, ie. SSID and WEP
    - when you have finished entering all the infos, go to:
    Wi-Fi Tools > Wi-Fi Diagnostics and stay on that page Wi-Fi Diagnostics (Basic)
    - plug the power back to your modem
    - and when your phone pick up the signal from your modem, it will have all these prompts and I just clicked "continue" and so on
    - when it is all done, I'm connected and stay connected... hopefully you are too when you follow these steps.

The key is that you must see the prompts from your phone when your phone is seeing the wifi signal from your modem when it is turned on.

G'luck...
    09-30-10 07:09 PM
    I have a similar problem where my wifi icon goes white for a minute or so and then it goes back to grey with no connection to my router. Here is my solution:

My router/modem is 2Wire...

- turn off your modem by unplugged it
    - delete your wifi setup from your phone
    - start setup your wifi again manually by entering all the infos needed, ie. SSID and WEP
    - when you have finished entering all the infos, go to:
    Wi-Fi Tools > Wi-Fi Diagnostics and stay on that page Wi-Fi Diagnostics (Basic)
    - plug the power back to your modem
    - and when your phone pick up the signal from your modem, it will have all these prompts and I just clicked "continue" and so on
    - when it is all done, I'm connected and stay connected... hopefully you are too when you follow these steps.

The key is that you must see the prompts from your phone when your phone is seeing the wifi signal from your modem when it is turned on.

G'luck...
    You meant to say Router right?

09-30-10 07:10 PM
    You meant to say Router right?

My modem and wireless router are all built in one unit.
    09-30-10 08:03 PM
    My modem and wireless router are all built in one unit.
    That explains everything. It might confuse people if Modem is just used, not everyone has a combo unit.

09-30-10 08:05 PM
    2Wire DSL modems (also act as routers unless successfully bridged) are simply bad to begin with, probably getting worse after a ninja firmware upgrade by Qwest some time back. I tried bridging the modem a while back and couldn't get it to work, probably no wonder after the firmware was screwed by Qwest anyway.

I can go to McDonald's, Starbucks, and to my local public library and my BB can connect to the free WiFi networks over there consistently with zero problem, just a lot of problems connecting to my own WiFi network at home served by 2Wire DSL modem. So the problem definitely lies with the garbage modem, not with my BB.

Here is what I did when my BB would not connect and stay connected with WiFi icon bright.
    1. Use a pin, toggle the back reset button and hold for about 30 seconds.
    2. When you are doing this, the top most LED should be solid red.
    3. After 30 seconds or so have passed, all the LEDs light up and you can release the pin toggling the reset button.
    4. Eventually the LED for Internet on the modem glows solid red. The modem is now in factory-default setting.
    5. You have just performed a hard-reset of the DSL modem and all your previous settings are lost, such as, PPP, WPA2-PSK, NAT port forwarding, etc.
    6. Re-setup the settings for the DSL modem. Usually after this, my BB can connect wirelessly to the modem and stay connected properly all day long.

Because I have to do this quite often, I wrote a small C# program to automate the re-setup of the DSL modem every time I perform a hard-reset of the modem. The program mimics a browser and accesses the web interface of the modem and submit the web forms with predetermined values, such as, PPP login usernames/passwords, WPA2-PSK setting, SSID, and such.

I can post the source code and explain how the program works if you are not afraid of computer programming or you know of someone who knows computer programming who is willing to help you out.

Still, this is pissing me off to no end and I seriously consider ditching Qwest.
    09-30-10 08:21 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD