All of a sudden, my 9700 tells me, as I push the power button off, that it will turn itself on again approximately 24 hours later! And this "on" time keeps changing, the more I turn the unit on & off! I don't have any appointments set to alarm, and the auto-on is set to "disabled" What could be causing this? It only started after loading the newest version of QL, but I don't see any options in that that would cause this. Any ideas?
    02-06-11 10:32 AM
    I don't use QL but is there an auto on feature in it? Did you do a battery pull or reboot after the install. Turning the device off is not the same as a reboot.
    Most apps require a fresh reboot in order to uninstall or fully install. Keep me posted.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-11 03:22 PM
    Do you have the Alarm Clock set? Any other kind of reminders? Task? Other apps?
    02-06-11 03:30 PM
    I have done a reboot, and don't have any alarms set. And it seems the message is always approximately 24 hours after pushing the power off button! It will turn itself on 24 hours after I turn it off!
    02-06-11 04:13 PM
    Well about the only thing left to do is delete Quicklaunch, reboot and see if that cures it. Make sure you have the activation code. How bizzarre. What happens if you reboot and don't turn the power off? And if you do have an alarm set it will usually ask Power Off or Power Fully Off. Like I said it has to be an app or theme.

02-06-11 05:16 PM
    I think it must have something to do with QL. What a pain!
    02-06-11 07:55 PM
    Actually-it turns out it wasn't QL at all-it was the 1.6 beta version of TuneIn Radio! Reverted back to 1.5 and everything is normal again! Thanks to everyone for your suggestions.

02-06-11 08:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD