what would you rather have, an iPhone 3G or a BB? and which internet would you prefer?
    08-15-08 07:27 PM
    You can't even compare the two. BlackBerry wins. If i want an suped up Ipod i will buy one...
    08-15-08 07:31 PM
    BlackBerry all the way. I had an iphone 3g for a while...went back to the berry!!

That said, yes, the iphone's browser rocks. BUT, if I'm at home, I'm going to be using my laptop. If I'm out and about, chances are I'm not going to be surfing the web anyhow, so FOR ME, the browser on the phone is not important.
    08-15-08 07:42 PM
    BlackBerry all the way. I had an iphone 3g for a while...went back to the berry!!

That said, yes, the iphone's browser rocks. BUT, if I'm at home, I'm going to be using my laptop. If I'm out and about, chances are I'm not going to be surfing the web anyhow, so FOR ME, the browser on the phone is not important.
    That's an important point that a lot of people overlook. The iPhone browser may rock, but it's still a mobile browser and will never replace a desktop browser.
    08-15-08 08:28 PM
    how did you have it for a while if they have only been out roughly a month??

I prefer my iPhone over my old pearl. I am a mac addict, and my iPhone and mac play together better. Also, i love having the safari browser & it doubles a my iPod. I had an iPod touch before getting the iPhone, so i knew i would like it.

Also i love that my email doesn't push...LOL i know its weird, but it annoyed the heck out of me my stupid berry going off at all times of the night. Now i have it fetched every hour or so! Very nice...but to each his own...
    08-15-08 08:32 PM
    I use the bb 8830 for business first. So when I get an e-mail and respond people say wow that was fast. Bottom line I need to make money these phone and plans are not cheap. I have a feeling the new bb thunder is going to rock and roll.
    08-15-08 08:38 PM
    It's all what you like. For some people it the flashyness. Most of the people around my corporate buildings that have Iphones play more games on them than they do anything else...
    08-15-08 09:01 PM
    how did you have it for a while if they have only been out roughly a month??

I prefer my iPhone over my old pearl. I am a mac addict, and my iPhone and mac play together better. Also, i love having the safari browser & it doubles a my iPod. I had an iPod touch before getting the iPhone, so i knew i would like it.

Also i love that my email doesn't push...LOL i know its weird, but it annoyed the heck out of me my stupid berry going off at all times of the night. Now i have it fetched every hour or so! Very nice...but to each his own...
    By "a while" I mean I had it long enough to know that it wasn't for me.
    08-15-08 09:30 PM
    my stupid berry going off at all times of the night.
    Thats why you set the profile to phone only. LOL, wow.

Anyway, honestly, it depends on what you need the device for and what you like best. Blackberry's aren't for everyone. And neither is the Iphone. Both have their pros and cons, just depends on personal preference really. IMHO.
    08-15-08 09:31 PM
    You turn your phone off at night if you don't want to be bothered

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-08 02:21 AM
    iPhone 3G - IPod and 3.5 screen and the many apps...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-08 02:31 AM
    Blackberry. Bold, specifically.

I've been playing with the iPhone 3G since it launched and I just can't bring myself to buy one personally. The delay when opening the contacts app REALLY bothers me, as does the delay when switching Safari from portrait to landscape mode, plus the lack of removable battery, status light and MMS put me squarely in the BlackBerry Bold camp.

My only worry is the price that AT&T will charge for the Bold, but I don't think I'd get the iPhone even if they price the Bold out of my budget.

It's been a very, very tough decision for me to go Bold over the iPhone, but the way I look at it is that if the AppStore gets a rockin' app or game that I can't live without, I'll just get a Touch and have the best of both worlds.
    08-16-08 03:09 AM
    it all depends on what you want or need - or what is set by your company's it policy - if your company supports bb with a bes than they more than likely they do not support the iphone (yet) - i have an 8830 for work and an iphone for personal use - i like both for different reasons
    Last edited by rwurwin; 08-16-08 at 07:21 AM.
    08-16-08 07:07 AM

I've been playing with the iPhone 3G since it launched and I just can't bring myself to buy one personally. The delay when opening the contacts app REALLY bothers me, as does the delay when switching Safari from portrait to landscape mode, plus the lack of removable battery, status light and MMS put me squarely in the BlackBerry Bold camp.
    I never gave any thought to the status light, but that ended up being one of the things that bugged me the most! I don't understand why the iphone doesn't have one...every other cell on the planet has one!
    08-16-08 12:44 PM
    I never gave any thought to the status light, but that ended up being one of the things that bugged me the most! I don't understand why the iphone doesn't have one...every other cell on the planet has one!
    "Think Different"
    08-16-08 01:42 PM
    From what I have read, and knowing you can't believe every thing you read
    on the Internet.... The iphone is not such a great PHONE

I personally need/want a great Phone.... So I'll keep waiting for the Bold.
    08-16-08 02:10 PM
    Blackberry. I work for Apple, and the iPhone is neat to play with, but for email the BB owns. I have an iPod Touch, so that's my music and video. I don't really want to have everything packed into one device.
    In my opinion, the iPhone has some bugs to be worked out before it can be "the best smartphone" as Apple claims. I'm not saying that the Blackberries don't have some issues, but over the years the BB network has proved to be very reliable in general.
    The lack of a removable battery in the iPhone makes me question the longevity of the product, I just don't like the touchscreen keyboard. Battery life isn't impressive compared to my BB.
    I know a lot of people who love the virtual keyboard on the iPhone, but personally I can type much quicker and accurately on the Blackberry's keyboard.
    The web browser on the iPhone and iPod Touch is ahead of the BB browser, but I'm willing to put up with this for the excellent email capability of RIM's devices.
    08-16-08 06:38 PM

My only worry is the price that AT&T will charge for the Bold, but I don't think I'd get the iPhone even if they price the Bold out of my budget.

It's been a very, very tough decision for me to go Bold over the iPhone, but the way I look at it is that if the AppStore gets a rockin' app or game that I can't live without, I'll just get a Touch and have the best of both worlds.
    These are consistent with the problems I have with iPhone. I do not personally own one; however, my GF has one and I cannot get used to it. It is a very pretty phone, yet I still prefer my BB. Now, where is that damn Bold Rim?
    08-16-08 06:54 PM
    what would you rather have, an iPhone 3G or a BB? and which internet would you prefer?
    Which Internet??? Which one do you use?
    08-16-08 07:11 PM
    Which Internet??? Which one do you use?
    Ha ha ha. CB people are so funny.
    08-16-08 07:12 PM
    I prefer my BB to the iphone. My friend has an iphone and messed around with it before I got my BB and yes its fun but to me other then the Phone its more of an entertainment phone.
    08-16-08 07:54 PM
    I like both phones to be honest. Both have their advantages and disadvantages.
    08-16-08 11:46 PM
    I have both............iPhone for private use and BB Curve for business......

using the iPhone less and less even at weekends.........the Browser is great, but i think the BB Browser on 4.5 is not far behind in operability.

2.0 iPhone software is definitely sluggish compared to 1st gen iPhone and has taken the shine off a great product...........but i still hold true that iPhone is more novelty than robustness

i always thought BB's looked like they needed a little cosmetic facelifting (just an opinion!) but with the new devices, they are seriously good looking devices.....

having coming through HUNDREDS of WM devices (Touchscreen and Smartphone) as well as dalliances with Nokia 'E' series devices, i can honestly say for a device that is rock solid on all fronts (particularly phone use) then BB for me comes out on top

just my 2p worth (sorry, $0.02 worth, my bad International manners!)
    08-17-08 04:04 AM
    1. This is a BlackBerry forum so I think it rather unlikely that anyone here will praise the iPhone over a BlackBerry. Go to an iPhone forum and I would imagine the reverse.
    2. The iPhone is not a true SmartPhone like the Blackberry. It has some really advanced features (like the browser) but its poor email security and some missing basic features like Cut, Copy & Paste will always limit it to people and organizations that favor image above functionality.
    3. The iPhone is a 3G device and this means that you can browse faster but it also attracts higher internet costs and since 3G reception is by no means universal, support costs will be higher than for BlackBerry as users call in to complain about variable feature availability.
    08-17-08 04:17 AM
    I agree with you on all three points, Pete.

I've heard people say "cut and paste is no big deal. I wouldn't use it anyway." I use it a lot, and I'm going to guess anyone who uses a smartphone for work would seriously miss cut and paste.
    08-18-08 12:02 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD