Eh I hate touch screens I have had a few and never will again.
    I agree. Man it is a huge maintenance job keeping that thing clean.
    05-05-08 08:49 PM
    I just don't see what is soo hard about using a trackball anyway. Lazy? Idk. I took me maybe an hour or two at most to get the hang of my curve and now I love it. Oh well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-08 08:55 PM
    I have both a BB and an Iphone. They both have great things to offer. But I must say, the Iphone Keyboard is the worst.
    05-05-08 08:59 PM
    All I can say is that I am an iPhone user who switched to a BB curve. You can have a beautiful phone like the iPhone but the service is not up to snuf. AT&T did a terrible job with the iPhone plans and can't support them for ****. A phone is only as good as the service it is on.

05-05-08 09:04 PM
    Yeah that. It`s not one or the other - you can like both. No need to bash the iPhone just because you`re a BB fan.
    I'm a fan of neither- I had an iPhone for 4 months & the BB for 5 days. I think both devices do what they are designed to do well. And quite frankly, I havent found ONE device that does EVERYTHING. In actuality, if there were, there'd be no competition.

There is always going to be derision - no matter what. Heck, people will argue which is better - rye or wheat?!?
    05-05-08 09:23 PM
    I hate touchscreens...dirty, smudged up, nasty mess. No matter how clean you keep your hands, you can't help but muck it up.
    Funny, I never had this problem with the iPhone. Then again maybe because I had the INVISIBLE SHIELD.... lol.
    05-05-08 09:46 PM
    I'm a fan of neither- I had an iPhone for 4 months & the BB for 5 days. I think both devices do what they are designed to do well. And quite frankly, I havent found ONE device that does EVERYTHING. In actuality, if there were, there'd be no competition.

There is always going to be derision - no matter what. Heck, people will argue which is better - rye or wheat?!?
    wheat ftw!
    05-06-08 12:40 AM
    I think so too

05-06-08 12:52 AM
    iphones are pretty cool, yeah. But the touchscreen is one reasons why it sucks. Everyone time I take a look at someones iphone it looks like they rubbed a thin layer of crisco on their screen. Those things are impossible to clean, and I like my phones to be clean. And if you want a clean phone, that means wiping it off every time you use it, which means sooner or later your going to have on scratched up iphone. A little anal, but that's how I am.
    Last edited by dargis49; 05-06-08 at 01:28 AM.
    05-06-08 01:25 AM
    as someone who was fooled into the touchscreen fad i bought an iphone. >.< Seriously not a bad mobile browser(notice i didnt say phone cause the phone function sucks)....

nothing on the market as of recently can compare to safari...simply put safari rocks hands down. The BB browser is adequate, personally i like it better than opera mini.

my main reason on getting rid of the iphone was 2 things:

1) couldnt hear the damn thing ring even in my pocket(yes im getting old but i dont need a hearing aid to hear a phone ring)

2) no mms

never had a problem with the screen being smudges cause as jayden pointed out get a decent screen protector and its not a problem. i had the invisible shield screen protector and loved it sop much i bought one for my berry. well worth the price and everyone should have one.

both phones have there pros and cons but neither is better than the other. the iphone is great at browsing the inet and playing music but sucks at basic phone functionality where as the BB is a great sms, mms, email, phone functions, but sucks at browsing the inet. its personal opinion on which is better.

I for one will not be trading in my curve anytime soon for another new fad(touchscreen)
    05-06-08 10:43 AM
    Everyone has their reasons. Both the iPhone and Blackberry have their pros and cons depending on use and what a consumer wants in a phone. If someone wants an iPod and a vivid screen for video, pictures, and a web browser... the iPhone blows the Blackberry completely out of the water. For e-mail and a tactile physical keyboard, the Blackberry wins hands down.

In my opinion, threads like these are a little ridiculous because there is no comparison between the iPhone and the Blackberry at all. The two were never made to compete with each other and each has its pros and cons like I mentioned before. It's like comparing a Treo with the Voyager. These phones (iphone/bb) are not even in the same category.
    05-06-08 10:59 AM
    so heres my thoughts/2 cents worth, for what it matters, on the great iphone vs blackberry saga.......

plain and simple, there really should be no comparison or argument that "my phone is better than your phone" between these two devices. its like apples and oranges. the iphone was never meant to do what the blackberry does, nor was it ever marketted as such. the same with the blackberry as opposed to the iphone. the iphone is essentially a media device. its appeal is its browser... its media player... its graphics... etc. apple never meant for this phone to be heavy in "business functionality," therefore it was never marketted as such. whereas the blackberry, on the other hand, is very business related. its roots are that of a business phone, ya know? blackberries are meant to email and run programs that we all use and need for work and do things that make our business lives easier. sure, we have a browser and media player and camera and stuff like that just like the iphone does.. but thats not where rim's bread is buttered. blackberries simply get the job done. period. apple targetted a completely demographic of cell phone users than blackberry when they came out with the iphone.

at any rate, sorry to ramble, but i really just feel like there is no argument or comparison here between these two phones. the iphone is much much more of a "personal" device... rim's phones have indeed gotten more "friendly" as the models progress, but lets not forget what the phone was intended to do.

anyways... thats what i think.
    05-06-08 01:53 PM
    Jen - Couldn't have said it better.

Summed it up perfectly, IMO.
    05-06-08 02:08 PM
    Only BlackBerry for me. I don't like two-handed phones. The Iphone is all fluff.

05-06-08 02:14 PM
    Jen - Couldn't have said it better.

Summed it up perfectly, IMO.
    thanks, chaz. 'preciate it.
    05-06-08 02:33 PM
    so heres my thoughts/2 cents worth, for what it matters, on the great iphone vs blackberry saga.......

plain and simple, there really should be no comparison or argument that "my phone is better than your phone" between these two devices. its like apples and oranges. the iphone was never meant to do what the blackberry does, nor was it ever marketted as such. the same with the blackberry as opposed to the iphone. the iphone is essentially a media device. its appeal is its browser... its media player... its graphics... etc. apple never meant for this phone to be heavy in "business functionality," therefore it was never marketted as such. whereas the blackberry, on the other hand, is very business related. its roots are that of a business phone, ya know? blackberries are meant to email and run programs that we all use and need for work and do things that make our business lives easier. sure, we have a browser and media player and camera and stuff like that just like the iphone does.. but thats not where rim's bread is buttered. blackberries simply get the job done. period. apple targetted a completely demographic of cell phone users than blackberry when they came out with the iphone.

at any rate, sorry to ramble, but i really just feel like there is no argument or comparison here between these two phones. the iphone is much much more of a "personal" device... rim's phones have indeed gotten more "friendly" as the models progress, but lets not forget what the phone was intended to do.

anyways... thats what i think.
    Pretty much exactly what I said... I'm glad someone on here agrees.
    05-06-08 03:38 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD