View Poll Results: BB users, are you familiar with another platform

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

50 84.75%
  • No

8 13.56%
  • Theres a grey area, I'll explain futher below.

1 1.69%
    had a 9810 with ATT... switched to Big Red... was so irritated by the delay to 2013 I went with a RAZR Maxx.

I hate it.
    09-23-12 09:13 AM
    Got my first BB (9700) in Nov 09. Owned an iPod Touch for about a month in April-May 10 but sold it. In July 10 I got my first Android. Jump to Sept 11 and I get another 9700. In Feb 12 I picked up a Playbook, but sold it a few months later. In June 12 I got a 9930 after I switched to Verizon for a bit. Sold that when I switched back to T-Mo. Currently using SGS3 and the 9700. I have TWO lines on T-Mo for cheaper than ONE on Verizon!!
    You've been around a lot 2 being with so many different devices I hope you also used protection so promiscuous
    09-23-12 09:14 AM
    You've been around a lot 2 being with so many different devices I hope you also used protection so promiscuous
    I started using screen protectors...but I didn't like how they felt :P.
    09-23-12 09:21 AM
    Now that's some funny s**+
    Does that hurt when you remove them?
    Last edited by esk369; 09-23-12 at 09:39 AM. Reason: A?
    bungaboy and pantlesspenguin like this.
    09-23-12 09:29 AM
    I started using screen protectors...but I didn't like how they felt :P.
    LoL Sunday morning coffee out my nose at that one. Too funny.
    09-23-12 09:38 AM
    I have owned ios and android always come back to BB tho

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-23-12 09:42 AM
    I have used Symbian S60, Android.
    09-23-12 10:35 AM
    Yes used all of them. I would list the OS's like this.
    QNX
    IOS
    Windows 7 - 8
    BB Legacy
    Windows Legacy
    Android.
    09-23-12 10:43 AM
    The other three members of my family are iPhone 3GS users. Of all of us, I'm the only one that really knows about iOS the most from what I read and have observed. So I get a lot of time to play and experiment with the OS. It's also usually me who updates the OS for them when the time comes.

My aunt and cousins (people who are basically like my immediate family) use Android 2.3-based SGS 4Gs on T-Mobile. So, again, I have a lot of hands-on time there as well.

I've only ever played with Windows Phones in carrier stores and other retail environments, but don't actually know anyone who uses that platform. Though I'd love to have some time to play with it as well as the I've enjoyed the time I've spent with it.

I've never found any of the OSs or devices I've used as attractive or as functional to use as my BB7 Torch 9810 or my PlayBook. For me, they're still the most usable devices I find. My PlayBook, especially, is the most fun to simply pick up and use. That is one reason why I'm so excited for BB10; it'll be a phone that'll be fun to simply use doing everyday things!
    09-23-12 12:17 PM
    Now that sounds like something Quagmire would say I hope you used protection young man gigitty.
    Ha, no worry here, I have stayed faithful to BlackBerry
    I guess I'm a grey area guy though, as I seriously look into other platforms when I get ready to buy a new phone, usually learning them better than the average user (I have made myself a pest at the local cell phone stores, hanging out for hours!), but have owned only BlackBerry since the 7290.
    09-23-12 02:44 PM
    I've used Android on and off over the years, with my current being a Skyrocket. I've also used IOS and S60. I've used Windows way before it became this beautiful operating system it is today (enhanced by the visual of equally beautiful phones). As you can see, I'd love to actually try one out, or be given one (I have always been reluctant to buy). I remember when I had the Dash and I thought to myself, "Why are people wasting their money on Sidekicks in stuff, when this phone has almost no limitations?" But, while I would love to try out the new Windows phones, the closest I've ever been to one is in a store.
    09-23-12 08:16 PM
    I usually try to own the top phone for each OS but I have tried them all as I usually swap sims between them on a regular basis. Windows has lots of potential especially with the new line up coming(excited for the 920). Androids are better than iOS IMO as I believe iOS has peaked without a major overhaul(not updating my iP4 with OS6 because it is so bad on the 4 and not worth it IMO). My OS7 9900 is my daily driver though and gets the most use. My other phones usually come out on the weekends and stay in the drawer all week.
    09-23-12 11:43 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD