I recently spent some time at the local AT&T store upgrading to a 9810 when the store manager made an interesting remark.

He said that he always loved when BlackBerry users came in because they were the easiest to work with. They knew exactly what they wanted, often knowing more than what the AT&T people are trained on, that they are very understanding and offer good explanations on why they prefer BlackBerry over anything else.

Essentially he concluded that whenever they see someone hovering over the BlackBerries, he knows that it's going to be a quick, and sometimes educational, experience.

So bravo BB users. People may say RIM is sinking, but it's the users that really make the company worthwhile.
    04-05-12 01:48 PM
    I recently spent some time at the local AT&T store upgrading to a 9810 when the store manager made an interesting remark.

He said that he always loved when BlackBerry users came in because they were the easiest to work with. They knew exactly what they wanted, often knowing more than what the AT&T people are trained on, that they are very understanding and offer good explanations on why they prefer BlackBerry over anything else.

Essentially he concluded that whenever they see someone hovering over the BlackBerries, he knows that it's going to be a quick, and sometimes educational, experience.

So bravo BB users. People may say RIM is sinking, but it's the users that really make the company worthwhile.

It is hard being a BlackBerry user since 2010, everyone is telling us why we are obsolete, and foolish for holding onto our BlackBerry's so those sticking to BlackBerry generally have a reason or 10 to be doing so, and are armed with knowing it,

Those who are susceptible to what ever the latest trend is, just knows, well my friends have it, so I should too, (BlackBerry Curves grew because of this like crazy in 2008)
    Apples Advertisement is simply "you don't have an iPhone" as if stating your life is incomplete, so when asked why you want an iPhone, the perfectly acceptable answer is "because it's an iPhone" that just doesn't work today for a BlackBerry you're going to get questioned and offered other devices.
    shemaree09 likes this.
    04-05-12 02:22 PM
    It is hard being a BlackBerry user since 2010, everyone is telling us why we are obsolete, and foolish for holding onto our BlackBerry's so those sticking to BlackBerry generally have a reason or 10 to be doing so, and are armed with knowing it,

Those who are susceptible to what ever the latest trend is, just knows, well my friends have it, so I should too, (BlackBerry Curves grew because of this like crazy in 2008)
    Apples Advertisement is simply "you don't have an iPhone" as if stating your life is incomplete, so when asked why you want an iPhone, the perfectly acceptable answer is "because it's an iPhone" that just doesn't work today for a BlackBerry you're going to get questioned and offered other devices.
    God I hate Apple and the superiority complex they constantly demonstrate.

"You don't have an iPhone? WHAT? how do can you survive!?"

A**holes. LoL
    04-05-12 02:26 PM
    Cause we're always on here trying to fix our phones!

Just kidding! I think BlackBerry users are more informed as well.

The funny thing is iPhone users that I know DO always sound preachy about their phone. Even my parents! Android users don't do the same. It's so strange.

I've used iPhone 4 and 4s and it wasn't mind blowing or anything. I don't get it.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 04-05-12 at 02:30 PM.
    04-05-12 02:26 PM
    I've been to the AT&T store so often that the employees just leave me alone to play with whatever device I happen to pick up when I'm there. I've been able to play with various devices for 45 minutes without being bothered.
    04-05-12 02:30 PM
    My guess is because most BB buyers are repeat buyers. They already know what the phone can do and probably know what device they want. There are not many models to choose from either.
    04-05-12 02:31 PM
    My guess is because most BB buyers are repeat buyers. They already know what the phone can do and probably know what device they want. There are not many models to choose from either.
    You're a moderator here so I can't accuse you Matt of not reading the forums

but according to many on this site RIM has way too many choices they need to have only 1 like you know, the only company that matters does.
    04-05-12 02:38 PM
    lol...i think i can make an argument either way actually BUT there are 4-5 models i think on most carriers or even less right now.

I do agree they have way to many phones considered active. How many devices have been released since 2009? I will agree that android is worse though
    04-05-12 02:51 PM
    lol...i think i can make an argument either way actually BUT there are 4-5 models i think on most carriers or even less right now.

I do agree they have way to many phones considered active. How many devices have been released since 2009? I will agree that android is worse though
    9300, 9360, 9810, 9860, and 9900 on AT&T.

9370, 9330, 9930, 9850 on VZW.

9330, 9350, 9930 on Sprint.

9360, 9900 on T-Mobile.

I did not include any refurbished devices.
    04-05-12 07:52 PM
    God I hate Apple and the superiority complex they constantly demonstrate.

"You don't have an iPhone? WHAT? how do can you survive!?"

A**holes. LoL
    You nailed it! These Ipeople think Steve Jobs was the second coming and their Bible, the iPad, was a gift from heaven above. I pity them for taking a business guru like Mr. Jobs and making him into a religious icon. Without him they are lost and cannot understand it because apple doesn't have an app for it.
    04-05-12 08:03 PM
    I don't know. I mean.. I know a lot of BB users that know NOTHING about blackberry.

For example, menu key? You mean the one with the D's on it?

I clicked the back key! Its deleting my text?

What's the enter key?

Most of them move on to the iPhone though. selective breeding. I don't mind. :]
    04-05-12 10:37 PM
    My feeling on this has always been this:

BlackBerry users are technology people, they are geeks, they are power users.

iPhone users are the public. Anyone can use an iPhone and get what they need from it. Its beyond simple.

The same could probably be said for the BlackBerry, however, if you want to get into the nuts and bolts and tweak your phone the BlackBerry or perhaps Android are the devices for you.

Final thought, my technophobe mother who can't work the TV has an iPhone and she can do everything! Txt, pic msg, browse the web. Its incredible.

Before the trolls begin their onslaught, I'm not bashing iPhones, simply saying they are for different demographics.

The sort of people who read forums like this one are looking for something beyond iOS.

My 2 cents.

EDIT: the employees at my local corporate store regularly ask me what's coming down the pipeline from blackberry because they know i'll hear about it here long before they get to in their training. CrackBerry FTW
    Last edited by todbanner; 04-06-12 at 01:17 AM.
    04-06-12 01:13 AM
    My feeling on this has always been this:

BlackBerry users are technology people, they are geeks, they are power users.

iPhone users are the public. Anyone can use an iPhone and get what they need from it. Its beyond simple.

The same could probably be said for the BlackBerry, however, if you want to get into the nuts and bolts and tweak your phone the BlackBerry or perhaps Android are the devices for you.

Final thought, my technophobe mother who can't work the TV has an iPhone and she can do everything! Txt, pic msg, browse the web. Its incredible.

Before the trolls begin their onslaught, I'm not bashing iPhones, simply saying they are for different demographics.

The sort of people who read forums like this one are looking for something beyond iOS.

My 2 cents.

EDIT: the employees at my local corporate store regularly ask me what's coming down the pipeline from blackberry because they know i'll hear about it here long before they get to in their training. CrackBerry FTW
    See, this is again part of the old fashioned thinking plagueing RIM, not understanding the market and consumers of today.

To pretty much anyone with a non-Blackberry phone, you guys are the old farts people joke about in the younger generation. The dinosaurs who claim you should go for a walk instead of checking blogs of being on a gaming system. Android users and iOS users are the geeks, not you.

It's entirely about the ecosystem and apps, nothing more, nothing less. A front facing camera is needed as well. Scrap BBM and all that howdy doody enterprise server junk that no one uses anyway. To clarify, that stuff your new potential user base could absolutely care less about. If RIM aims to please current customers, who are slowly trickling off to the competition, BB10 will be DOA.
    04-06-12 04:01 AM
    Agreed blackberry users at majority are professionals people that need a communication device that works period whether it be email bbm texts or calls in my opinion BB's do it better then any others. A lot of the android and iphone users are people that just want a device for playing games first instead of a communication tool.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    04-06-12 05:13 AM

I'm so glad that you had such a good experience at the store. There is one very small AT&T store close to me that has actually helpful and kind people like you had.

The main store that I had gone to before had people that would try to talk me out of buying a BB, were very skeptical and sometimes just downright rude about my choice, and had no knowledge about BBs and what they could do. When I try to explain why I choose BBs, they are usually startled by all it can do and the customization I can do on my phone with ease.

Also, I'm not a corporate user, I'm not on any enterprise service, and I'm not in a job that requires important communication with it's workers. I'm just a lowly consumer that loves my BBs. I don't understand why the salespeople I meet don't accept my choice when I don't have those restrictions to consider.
    Last edited by ShoshiOne; 04-06-12 at 10:58 AM.
    04-06-12 10:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD