Well, downloaded and installed BB Unite, however once it is installed, it attemps to open IE with this URL:

http://localhost:8080/unite/

and my Windows XP SP2 system does not have a web server running, so I'm not sure what this was supposed to do, but it won't do anything on my system. What should I do?

Also, interestingly, that port number looks familiar because when I installed Java 6 recently, I remember having to change something from that port to 80, as it wouldn't work on 8080 (thought it was in use).

Suggestions?

Patrick
    05-09-08 12:33 AM
    Patrick, when I did it, there was a drop down to enable Intranet level security (or something like that) in IE. It was a yellow thing at the top below the location bar. Once I did I was off to the races.
    05-09-08 12:37 AM
    I had to allow ActiveX controls and intranet security, and then it worked for me...

Seems that the Unite! installs a SQL server desktop engine and new java update as well, probably tricking your PC to think its a server...

And therefore, requiring your PC to be on 24/7 to receive email, pretty much like the BES....
    Last edited by cjcarbone; 05-09-08 at 02:00 AM.
    05-09-08 12:38 AM
    Unite Installs An It Policy To Your Device
    05-09-08 12:45 AM
    their has to be a way to modify the it policy
    05-09-08 01:20 AM
    I still can't get it to go to the localhost link.
    05-09-08 03:22 AM
    I still can't get it to go to the localhost link.
    I have sam problem, and have all installed...
    05-09-08 04:58 AM
    I've searched and searched for a solution, but can't find a thing. Seems it may be due to the Unite! File Sync in the tray failing, but that's all I can figure out.
    05-09-08 01:41 PM
    I'm having the same problem but I have Vista.
    Was good to know about Unite but I'm near to forget because there's any documentation or help.
    Thanks in advance for any help.
    PA
    07-25-08 08:08 PM
    Unite is a really bad crappy program. I emailed RIM about it, and they never responded. It will install an IT policy to your device. Don't say you weren't warned when it locks out your BB browser, and keeps you from accessing the internet. The only fix for when this does occur, is to use JL Cmder to reset your berry and wipe everything from it, then manually reload the OS. BEWARE STEER CLEAR OF THIS APP!!!!
    07-27-08 09:44 AM
    So you guys had an error connecting to the server when installing unite?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-08 10:07 AM
    RIM gets a BIG thumbs-down from me for this application!! True enough, it's cool to be able to remotely access your desktop but NOT at the expense of having your browser locked because of an IT policy that is installed with no warning and which requires lots of time and energy to remove. I would definitely advise anyone to stay away from this program until RIM finishes their homework...

07-30-08 03:05 PM
    Yeah. If you want remote access your pc, get avenue. Its the best and has saved me many times

07-30-08 07:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD