I'm confused? Can this be used on a 8130 or not?
    02-08-08 11:39 AM
    I have not really checked out their service or the program but do I guess that THEY (the programming outfit or company) also have a "copy" of your every move while this program is on? That THEY are big brother and know your whereabouts or is the data protected and only available to those you give permission?

Just wondering?
    02-08-08 12:52 PM
    Just posting what I thought of it.

Pretty cool, very easy to use. It does exactly what you think it does. I left it on last night, and went to an event, and it tracked a bunch of me moving around in the building. I walked almost a complete circle around the building, and it showed it.
    You can change how often it sends your location to the server. I had it set to the default 30sec. I halfway think this might drain your battery a little, because I havn't really done much heavy texting, or phone, and my battery was drained quite a bit. Then again I just got the phone so I don't want to blame the GPS program just yet.

I also put my phone in my pocket and rode around on my motorcycle and it tracked where I went. Could be good when I go riding around, and find this nice road but have no idea how I got there, I can go back and follow the path or find a quicker more direct path to the nice roads to ride on.
    Also, I'm a photographer, and if I'm out at a shoot and want to remember where a certain location is, I can "pin it" and go look where to go to get to it again.

Can't find any flaws to the program. I think I read you can change to where it wont record a new location unless you move a certain distance, which will be good.
    02-09-08 08:34 PM
    Some of you are completely misunderstanding how this program works.

First of all, GPS, is FREE. The U.S. Government placed satellites in orbit known as Global Positioning System (GPS). Was first used and intended for the military, but was released to be used for anyone around the world, anytime.

So, for us to be using GPS on our phones is absolutely no different. Your phone has, as long as it's an 8310 Curve, or equivalent with GPS module, you can use bbtracker to track your movement.

It's FREE, people!.
    02-10-08 02:27 PM
    Anybody notice that the battery drains a lot faster if you use this program? I don't know how the GPS works in a BB, but someone at the top said that to change it from 30sec to 10min updates to conserve battery life. Is this true? Does sending your location to the server use up that much battery life? Maybe I just need to drain and charge my battery a few times, since I just got my phone..
    02-11-08 09:23 AM
    Anybody notice that the battery drains a lot faster if you use this program? I don't know how the GPS works in a BB, but someone at the top said that to change it from 30sec to 10min updates to conserve battery life. Is this true? Does sending your location to the server use up that much battery life? Maybe I just need to drain and charge my battery a few times, since I just got my phone..
    It shouldn't drain your battery too bad if you aren't moving that often. I personally use 45 seconds as my update time, and I have no issues with battery. I still have at a good 50% at the end of the day, but I don't move too often.

I'll be adding an adaptive update feature by 0.6, that will detect if you haven't moved in a while, and it will stop the updates to save battery during this time.

Chris
    02-11-08 08:09 PM
    It does run on OS 4.3, but if you don't have v0.52 or higher, download it again. The latest version is much more stable and you won't have 2-day gaps in your tracking history anymore.

No, it doesn't log mileage. The constant availability of a satellite signal is probably not quite good enough due that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-08 11:32 PM
    Well, anything that establishes a data connection will help drain the battery. I had that problem over the weekend because I failed to properly close google maps so it was updating the maps constantly on my 8310.

I've set this program to 300 seconds and 15 meters, so It shouldn't be too bad as I don't move too much during the day, and at night, the phone is charged it.

Its kind of cool and I can see how if I'm a sales manager and my sales team has the 8310 or other gps included devices this would come in very handy...
    02-12-08 01:56 PM
    First want to say that this program rocks. Have been using it only a week but what a fun week. My request is about the GeoFence. I would love a way to send a SMS instead of a email when tripped. Using the Geofencing for kids in school. Lets me know when they leave school and then when they get home.

Also just wishing, any way to get this program to work on a smartphone like a Blackjack II or any other phone that has GPS.

Thanks Again for a great program
    02-12-08 04:39 PM
    Ive got an 8130 and just installed bbtracker 0.5.2. Im on us cellular, and have to start gps thru bbmaps to get it going, then go to bbtracker and start. I noticed this morning that gps stops if inside and not locked on satellites. Any input or ideas here. Restarting the program every time is a bit of a pain. CDMA issue?
    02-17-08 12:37 PM
    I just installed this program.

Why does it think that I am in Los Angeles? I'm approx 1,200 miles north?

When I view my location (BBmaps) it shows the correct location. Although it appears that my lat/long are somewhat off. Is altitude shown in metric?
    02-17-08 02:37 PM
    I hope this program doesn't have a glitch that shows your wife you've been at the Bunny Ranch all day instead of work...LOL.
    02-17-08 02:48 PM
    Frankly, that would be an entertaining way to have spent the day.

Instead I had it track me on a 30 mile bike ride. Not a bad rendition of the track. I am still not sure that I want to be tracked but figured I would give it a try. I do have to use it with a puck since Verizon sees fit to disable the gps!!!!!
    02-17-08 06:27 PM
    Really wish this worked with the BB 8830 from Verizion (Really annoyed they disable the GPS).
    02-25-08 06:38 AM
    I really loved this program but sadly, I had to uninstall it from both Blackberry's I had put it on...

Even with the latest edition and setting it to update every 5 minutes and not to update unless I moved more than 35 meters it still drained way too much battery power during the day.
    02-25-08 11:33 AM
    I put this on mine and my wifes phones today. I love it. Of course all i've seen is our home location as we forgot to take them with us but still!

With me being in public safety its nice for her to see where i am and i'm also considering going into law enforcement. Just a nice little app.
    02-25-08 08:32 PM
    I hope this program doesn't have a glitch that shows your wife you've been at the Bunny Ranch all day instead of work...LOL.
    Mister B,
    Just make sure that you turn it off when you are at the rabbit or chicken farm,

and make up something for the "missing coordinate"
    02-25-08 10:54 PM
    I wish there were a way to see the locations from the blackberry. As in my wife see where my call is from her phone.

04-26-08 02:16 PM
    Will I incur data usage fees while this app is running on my BB?
    04-27-08 10:45 AM
    I just installed this and I am getting a "null pointer exception". Does anyone know what this about?

04-27-08 11:03 AM
    Sorry "is about"

04-27-08 11:04 AM
    You guys should try this one:

Blackberry GPS Tracker - Home

It tracks, has a virtual fence feature, and there is a facebook app. You can also allow others to track you.

Patrick
    04-30-08 06:30 AM
    You guys should try this one:

Blackberry GPS Tracker - Home

It tracks, has a virtual fence feature, and there is a facebook app. You can also allow others to track you.

Patrick
    I would love to use this but VZW cripples GPS and only allows it through the VZ Navigator.

Sure I could buy a puck, but I would prefer to use what my BB can do.
    04-30-08 08:13 AM
    I would love to use this but VZW cripples GPS and only allows it through the VZ Navigator.

Sure I could buy a puck, but I would prefer to use what my BB can do.
    While I fully agree that Verizon should not have locked up the gps - you are also missing out on using the BB with some of this software if you refuse to buy the puck. I don't like having a second, altho, small device and I don't like having to charge another item BUT it is both fun and practical to use the BB on occasion and not have another LARGE gps device along for the ride or walk.
    04-30-08 10:28 AM
    Why would I want any one to know where I'm at at all times
    04-30-08 10:35 AM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD