I am a long time BB user, having had the Global, then the Storm (returned after 3 wks), then the Curve and now the Tour. I love my Tour with the exception of the sound profiles. I can't seem to get my profiles to work correctly. After setting up the Tour on BES, I immediately customized my sound profiles. I originally did it by adjusting the Loud Profile, then I was told to use the normal profile. None of this worked the phone would still make noise in the holster (yes, I had no sound in holster checked on every messaging/alert option). I gave in and called VZW tech support, spent an hour with them to no avail. They escalated the issue to RIM and I was told to create a custom profile. I have done that and it STILL makes audible alerts in the holster (after X amount of vibrations). So RIM says just put the phone on the vibrate profile!!!

That is an unacceptable resolution. My Curve, Global and even POS Storm could ring out of the holster and vibrate in the holster. This is a deal breaker for me. I love this phone, and do nto want to return it. Someone please help!!!
    09-01-09 11:51 AM
    Anyone? Please help, very frustrating...
    09-02-09 03:02 PM
    Have you tried deleting all the profiles (custom ones) and starting from scratch? Maybe re-setting back to factory settings could help too.
    09-02-09 03:29 PM
    So you only want to get it to ring out and vibrate in, correct?
    09-02-09 03:35 PM
    Have you tried deleting all the profiles (custom ones) and starting from scratch? Maybe re-setting back to factory settings could help too.
    Unfortunately yes, thanks though.
    09-02-09 04:08 PM
    So you only want to get it to ring out and vibrate in, correct?
    In a perfect world I would like it to vibrate first, then ring when out of the holster and only vibrate when in the holster. The other models were all capable of this.
    09-02-09 04:09 PM
    really frustrating...
    I don't have that problem..
    seems lucky.
    anyway, good luck .
    09-02-09 04:38 PM
    My VZW Acct Mgr is willing to swap the phone out. Do you think that will resolve the issue? Can anyone gettheir current device to do what I am requesting?
    09-03-09 11:47 AM
    I have been told it is definitely a software issue. The good news is RIM and VZW are in the final stages of testing the new release. It should be out mid-September. It will fix this issue, although not intuitively and also fixes the tunnel sound while on the phone.
    09-08-09 11:03 AM
    I've had this problem since getting the phone several weeks ago. It seems no matter which profile is active, when you edit the profile (Set Ring Tones/Alerts) you can only ever edit the Normal one. This means you can set it to Vibrate and it will use all the default Vibrate behavior but you can't edit that profile.

I haven't heard anything about a new software being available. Anyone have more details on this now that we're knocking on October's door?
    09-29-09 11:39 AM
    Wow I'm glad I'm not the only 1 having this problem. I had my berry swapped out for a new 1. Same problem with the 1 I have now. I even had the in-store tech try it out before letting me leave the store. He and I agreed it was really an issue with the OS. So I'm hoping whenever they put out an update they'll have this issue rectified.

For those who don't have this problem or have found a way to fix this problem, please share the info with us.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-09 12:26 PM
    I've also created a custom profile but when I use it, all I get are the default rings/settings. If I change the default ones, then fine, but that's not what I want. I'd like also to have the phone ring when in the holster but it will only vibrate. If I change that option to Normal settings it does neither. If I turn off vibrate in holster then I get nothing...might as well be on silent. I've missed plenty of text's because of it. Please let me know if someone has a solution to this. Not a deal breaker for me yet, but it is annoying. I've thought of getting another but will hold off now until I can get this one working the way I'd like it to.
    10-31-09 06:17 PM
    Sounds familiar, I've read this on every website you can post questions about the Tour. I have asked a question about how the profiles on the Tour actually work and created a poll. Keep an eye on it because if someone checks "Expert" in my poll about Tour Profiles, maybe they can help you.

But I think you don't have the option to ring or not in and out of holster, only vibrate. At least that's what I've been reading from others with the same issue.
    Good Luck!!
    01-25-10 09:27 AM
    I have had this profile problem with all 4 of the tours I had. One I was able to get around the problem by making my own custom profile, but unfortunately the trackball went on it and I had to get my 4th tour... and this one does not operate as it suppose to with custom profile. (You change the volume on one profile and they all change to it... vibrate turns to volume 9). I believe the replacement tours I have been given are not necessarily new tours but refurbished ones, thus same problems.
    03-04-10 05:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD