I am having problems with trying to sync my Verizon BB Tour to my computer with bluetooth. I have searched and read the forums about bluetooth problems but can't seem to find anything about my specific problem.

When I go into BB Device Manager and configure bluetooth, the screen comes up to add device. When I click add, it searches and does it thing. It locates my phone with no problem. I highlight it and click OK and nothing happens. It returns to the first screen but has not added my device.

I have followed the online instructions. My device is enabled and discoverable. Desktop connectivity and wireless bypass are displayed and checked. My computer shows that my phone is connected to the computer. I am running windows vista and BB Device Manager v5.0.1. I can sync with no problem using the USB cable, but would prefer to use Bluetooth.

Any help would be appreciated.
    03-10-10 09:32 AM
    You need to go into your computers control panel and enable bluetooth. You also need a usb blue tooth adapter on your pc..

Usb blue tooth adapters on eBay

If you already have a blue tooth adapter, read this and using your pc, try to detect the phone.

Set up a Bluetooth enabled device in Vista

Last edited by dave3825us; 03-10-10 at 10:16 AM.
    03-10-10 09:50 AM
    My computer has built in bluetooth and it is connected to my phone. My problem is getting BB Device Manager to add the phone.
    03-12-10 09:44 AM
    I had similiar issues a while back. I am not sure where, but somewhere in the forums I found the answer for me.

I am assuming you are on a PC running windows and not a MAC. I am not sure if this will be true to a MAC.

You have to be running the native windows bluetooth. I thought my computer was, but it actually was running some Toshiba stack. I simply deleted the toshiba stack and enabled the native windows and everything works great.
    03-12-10 12:35 PM
    I am running Windows Vista on a Dell Computer. How do I tell if I am running windows native bluetooth or something else?
    03-30-10 03:45 PM
    thats my issue... im running the toshiba apps and its not working... im on windows 7 how do I make this thing work? help!
    09-26-10 09:54 AM