If I want:
    - To watch videos online (youtube or flash or otherwise)
    - Have a decent size screen (touch or otherwise)
    - MSG frequently and easily (and quickly) with a comfortable keypad
    - Play games & socialize
    - Pay bills/transfer funds, conduct business (emails, etc)

Keeping in mind that:
    - I currently use a Storm (1st Gen.)
    - I am stuck on a lame provider (Telus) in a horrible contract
    - Money is not really an issue for me

At first glance my desires are what every BlackBerry can do now... which is why I'm having this dilemma in the first place. I love the large touch screen but I'm sure all the greatness that is Storm 2 will be limited by Telus' greed. (Hence why we don't have MMS!)

Maybe some people with first hand experiences can list Pros and Cons with their recommendations?
    01-26-10 01:09 AM
    my first choice with money not being an issue is obviously 9700
    its the full form phone which can do basically everything.
    just picked one up and I absolutely love everything about it.

my next choice would be the tour very similar to the 9700 minus sim card and a few things, but the trackball is a lose for me they just seem to break to often

and last choice is storm. I really don't like touch screen typing
    01-26-10 01:58 AM
    Storm 2 ftw
    01-26-10 03:38 AM
    i say storm 2 or 9700
    01-26-10 03:58 AM
    IMO 9700, I had a storm and could not type on it, I guess I was too used to the physical keyboard.
    01-26-10 06:10 AM
    IMO i would go with the Storm2...limited by Telus or not there are plenty of downloadble apps to make this phone yours. Most of the mechanical issues have been resolved although some do exist.

It looks like you are looking to use the device more as a phone and less as a business instrument. The new Curve is a nice phone. Now with the higher resolution screen and the trackpad the phone is the #1 best selling BlackBerry out there. The thing outsold the IPhone for awhile (maybe it still does?!?) The thing is light and capable and most of all a very stable device.

ultimately your call but the Curve weighs nothing compared to the Storm but the Storm has way more device based options (WiFi...might help with the data rates on Telus)
    01-26-10 06:37 AM
    As soon as i starting reading what you wanted out of the phone i thought storm 2 without a doubt
    01-26-10 07:53 AM
    Storm 2. Why don't you switch to Verizon?
    01-26-10 09:30 AM
    Storm 2. Why don't you switch to Verizon?
    I'm Canadian

Using the Vzn OS 5.0 though.

A friend of mine threatened to end his contract with Rogers and they sent him the new Curve. I'm thinking of threatening to pull my contract with my carrier, but I know they won't be giving up anything easily. I'm just tired of getting screwed over by them.

Storm 2 does seem to be the ideal new phone for me. Even though it's an extreme fingerprint magnet, I can't imagine going back to a small screen. And personally, I love touch technology.

Still keeping an open mind though
    01-26-10 10:22 AM
    I'm Canadian

Using the Vzn OS 5.0 though.

A friend of mine threatened to end his contract with Rogers and they sent him the new Curve. I'm thinking of threatening to pull my contract with my carrier, but I know they won't be giving up anything easily. I'm just tired of getting screwed over by them.

Storm 2 does seem to be the ideal new phone for me. Even though it's an extreme fingerprint magnet, I can't imagine going back to a small screen. And personally, I love touch technology.

Still keeping an open mind though
    So why don't you just switch to being American?

Just kidding. Good luck with the decision. They're all good phones.
    01-26-10 12:00 PM
    The iPhone fits your demands perfectly

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-10 03:55 PM
    Storm 2 or 9700 seems to fit what you want and are faster than most current BB's.
    01-26-10 04:04 PM
    The iPhone fits your demands perfectly

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    That wouldn't be a BB
    01-26-10 05:06 PM
    If money is not the problem I would pay the penalty to end your contract with Telus and go to a carrier that you find to your liking.
    Last edited by Rolo Tomasee; 01-26-10 at 06:25 PM.
    01-26-10 06:21 PM
    i say the 9700
    01-26-10 06:57 PM
    i say get the Storm2.
    01-27-10 09:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD