hey, i have recently bought a bold 2 (unlocked bell).... have heard that i cannot use BB services in India cause am using a phone from Canada.... is it true that i cannot use any BB services? what should i do? i went to the Vodafone Gallery...... they said that they cannot do any thing....
    what to do?
    05-30-11 03:12 AM
    I had used torch unlocked from AT&T at airtel network and didn't face any issue but some users who were using on Vodafone network, they were facing problems of using all services of BIS.
    05-30-11 04:57 AM
    I use a ATT unlocked 9700 on Vodafone since last 1 year with no issues. What is your problem Adeem.Lakhani?

Call Voda customer care, ask them to activate your desired BIS plan ( Rs 299, Rs 599 or advance rental on postpaid) and once activated, you will see EDGE and not edge. If you see EDGE, you are all set.

Go to mobileemail.vodafone.in .Create a new account there,Set up your email ID's and you are good to go.

Half of India, uses overseas unlocked devices, so yours shouldnt be a problem.:-)
    05-30-11 05:19 AM
    I went to India on holidays along with my cousins.

We all have bb's from across the world and we used BB services perfectly fine on vodafone. Just unlock your phone and call vodafone to activate and register your IMEI and your ready to go! Good luck!
    05-30-11 05:39 AM
    @ritesh i have a bold 2 frm bell... when i went to unlocking experts they unlocked it for me but say that.... i cant use bb services for hat phone in India because itts a phone from Canada... The unlocker said that BBs on American network can have access to the services
    but not the ones from Canada
    05-30-11 05:54 AM
    @ritesh i have a bold 2 frm bell... when i went to unlocking experts they unlocked it for me but say that.... i cant use bb services for hat phone in India because itts a phone from Canada... The unlocker said that BBs on American network can have access to the services
    but not the ones from Canada
    I am not sure. Did you try to activate your BIS service and see?
    I would say, give it a try with the 299/month service plan.
    05-30-11 06:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD