My BB Tour says "I have inserted a sim card and I dont have one. What should I choose when it asks me if I want the BB to automaticaly select CDMA or GSM? Since Verizon turned off the tower closest to us last July, I get little to no service at home.
    12-09-10 02:08 PM
    My BB Tour says "I have inserted a sim card and I dont have one. What should I choose when it asks me if I want the BB to automaticaly select CDMA or GSM? Since Verizon turned off the tower closest to us last July, I get little to no service at home.
    Did you remove the SIM that came with the Tour? Anyway go to manage connections/mobile network options and set network technology to CDMA if you're on Verizon.

You probably want to say no when it asks if you want it to automatically select.
    Last edited by the_sandman_454; 12-09-10 at 04:47 PM.
    12-09-10 04:22 PM
    Under network selection mode, my choices are GSM/UMTS..1XEV...and Global. I didnt see CDMA as a choice.
    12-11-10 10:50 PM
    1XEV is CDMA.

frostdee, the device CAME WITH a SIM card. Unless you removed it, it's still there and that's why you are getting this message. It's no big deal.
    12-12-10 07:14 AM
    One way you can make it not ask is to take the SIM out and put it back in backwards/upside down so the contacts don't touch the BB's contacts. Then it knows it has to default to 1XEV, which I'm sorry I wasn't clear about the choice being 1XEV rather than CDMA...
    12-12-10 07:23 AM
    OK. Here's the problem. I'm desparate. Verizon turned off the Alltell tower we were bouncing off from time to time. Our 5 phones will not work unless we drive 1 mile toward the Northwest now. Read my other post, thread..."Verizon Turned Off Towers" I was grasping at straws hoping the sim card choice might help. I'Ve had VZW for over 5 years and last July they kicked us to the streets. No other providers in our area. FYI , in our area *228 is now officailly a FOUR letter word. VZW said we were doing it wrong, They want us to drive to the closest tower and do *228. Yea right! I live 1 mile from the City limits of Omaha
    12-12-10 09:19 PM
    OK. Here's the problem. I'm desparate. Verizon turned off the Alltell tower we were bouncing off from time to time. Our 5 phones will not work unless we drive 1 mile toward the Northwest now. Read my other post, thread..."Verizon Turned Off Towers" I was grasping at straws hoping the sim card choice might help. I'Ve had VZW for over 5 years and last July they kicked us to the streets. No other providers in our area. FYI , in our area *228 is now officailly a FOUR letter word. VZW said we were doing it wrong, They want us to drive to the closest tower and do *228. Yea right! I live 1 mile from the City limits of Omaha
    You already have a post about this problem. Please read the forum rules on cross posting.
    12-12-10 09:27 PM
    My bad. I thought the sim card issue would help restore my service.
    12-12-10 10:29 PM
    the SIM card is for overseas roaming ONLY (hence why it says Vodafone on it). it has absolutely nothing to do with your domestic Verizon CDMA service. doing *228 to update your PRL file probably wont work unless you are connected to a live tower, which is why they told you to drive to the tower to connect.
    12-13-10 02:34 AM
    Nope. It has nothing to do with it.
    12-13-10 05:52 AM
    nope, it isn't related
    12-13-10 08:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD