Hey everyone

I own a Blackberry 8900 and it keeps telling me I have a PIN message and Ive checked thousands of times but I do not have a message there I even cleared all my conversations but the little PIN messenger symbol is still there telling me I have an unread message!.. how do I get rid of that? I already tried turning off the cellphone and even taking out the battery but it wont go away.. Help pleaseee

Thank you so much in advance!.
    05-18-10 10:40 AM
    Check any hidden icons. It's probably on one of those.
    05-18-10 10:53 AM
    hidden icons? where how?
    05-18-10 10:54 AM
    Hidden icons? This happened to me and it took 2 battery pulls to fix
    05-18-10 11:02 AM

I had the same problem on all 3 different BlackBerry's I've owned. There is a
    Glitch in the software, I had a 8100 pearl, 8300 Curve, 8310 Curve, and now
    have a Blackberry Bold series 9000. You need to first back-up Everything in your
    Phone in case this doesn't work. (It should, But better safe than pissed later).
    Once you have saved the Phones Contents. You need to delete Blackberry
    Messenger from the phone, Allow the Phone to Reboot after the Phone reboots.
    Then Download using Blackberry World Appications OTA. This should fix what
    Is wrong with the Phone but if doesn't reload the saved profile. Hope this Helps.
    05-18-10 11:13 AM
    I had the same problem. I then realized, someone I had 'ignored' with BBM was trying to readd me again. When I took them off my 'ignore' list, and rebooted my phone, I could see the request to add me to their list.

This error is probably just an overlook in coding. =/ Wish they would fix it though as there are a few people that constantly try add me on a daily basis.
    05-18-10 11:17 AM
    I had the same problem. I then realized, someone I had 'ignored' with BBM was trying to readd me again. When I took them off my 'ignore' list, and rebooted my phone, I could see the request to add me to their list.

This error is probably just an overlook in coding. =/ Wish they would fix it though as there are a few people that constantly try add me on a daily basis.
    Thank you sooo much... I just did what you said and it worked like a charm! THANK YOUU.. and thanks to all of you for helpin me out !
    05-18-10 12:44 PM
    I have a similar problem: my BB tells me I have an unread email, I've been through every email on my phone & I don't have any unread :-/ its been like this for about three months and its driving me mad, anyone know what it could be?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-10 04:45 AM
    I have a similar problem: my BB tells me I have an unread email, I've been through every email on my phone & I don't have any unread :-/ its been like this for about three months and its driving me mad, anyone know what it could be?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    When your in your email folder push your BB menu button(7 dots on it) and then scroll to where it shows view folder and click on that ,you can check all your folders for any messages as you scroll to each folder that way.Also while on your homescreen if you push the BB menu button and check "show all" it may reveal a folder with a * which would mean an unread message.Thats all I could think of to maybe help
    Last edited by DavidNC; 05-19-10 at 07:09 AM.
    05-19-10 06:05 AM
    I had a similiar problem, and as David said, my problem was that there was an unread e-mail in my saved folder. Once I went there and read it, I was all good.
    05-19-10 06:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD