Ok here is the situation..

I am the ONLY I.T. guy for our company.

Alot of my work is done remotely using either VNC, RDP or apps like LOGMEIN.

We are looking at the BB as a way to continue to support our remote clients while out of the office, along with staying current on emails and maybe even taking phone calls on it.

Possibly even using it to download files to the microSD card and using a card reader to xfer files to a desktop for repair/support.

Is something a BB would assist with? Or should we look to winmobile? (shudder)
    07-29-08 02:02 PM
    Is something a BB would assist with? Or should we look to winmobile? (shudder)
    I think you may have answered your own question!
    07-29-08 02:06 PM
    Well, we tried winmobile..
    I would have to reset it everyday, I would occasionally check my mail only to see that it had locked up hours earlier. Plus you can bloat the **** out of with all the 3rd party apps.
    07-29-08 02:14 PM
    Lol, yeah, you pretty much answered your own question.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-08 02:15 PM
    How about the remote access thing?

I saw MobileAdmin, $500, NOT really liking that...
    07-29-08 02:18 PM
    I think both have pros and cons that you have to weigh. About three months ago, my wife was torn between getting a Moto Q9c or a Blackberry Pearl. She ended up going with the Moto Q because she liked the WinMo software. Her phone locks up almost daily and sometimes her email stops working altogether. Once it even refused to let her make voice calls without a power cycle first. Now maybe there was a glitch in the software somewhere, or maybe it was the hardware, but I haven't experienced any problems with my Curve 8330 since I got it in mid June. In fact, I was also debating between getting a Moto Q and the Curve, but seeing her phone in action made my decision that much easier. Don't get me wrong....I'm sure there are some decent phones running Windows Mobile, but that Moto Q is a bad representation.
    07-29-08 02:20 PM

I believe you can use VNC from your berry.
    07-29-08 02:20 PM

There is a VNC app for your berry.
    VNC+: Virtual Network Computing, BlackBerry version - Professional BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store
    07-29-08 02:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD